post-HSG test spotting anyone?

sunshine8

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to know if anyone of you ladies who got their HSG done spotted after the test. I had my test two days ago and , I have been spotting, nothing heavy, just light blood spot when i wipe. Is this normal? or shall I call the docters. Please somebody help.

Hi there I had my Hsg yesterday, I'm in quite a bit of discomfort.
Pain.
Guess it could just be bruising , fingers crosses nothing to worry about hun ..
Id take it easy, take some pain relief, keep an eye on the bleeding .. rest up and good luck for bfp ...

Hi there I had my Hsg yesterday, I'm in quite a bit of discomfort.
Pain.
Guess it could just be bruising , fingers crosses nothing to worry about hun ..
Id take it easy, take some pain relief, keep an eye on the bleeding .. rest up and good luck for bfp ...

Hey, thanks for your reply, feeling alright today and I hope you feeling better too. how did the test go for you? what is the next step? did the doc say what to do next?

For me, my tubes were clear so the doc will refer me to the IVF clinic. Lets keep in touch and do keep me posted. Hugs

I'm good, glad your ok now .
: ))
I found it quite uncomfortable, I was shaking quite badly. A little worked up,emotional, think was scared of what might have been said.
The Dr told us all looks good, my ovulation bloodshed are perfect, my periods are regular, tubes are clear, so all very positive : ))
Basically she said to let nature take its course, also 20% of getting pregnant, as super fertile for 3mths after Hsg.
Our bmi's have to be lower than 29 now, for any further treatment like iui/ivf.
I'm about 20lb away , hubby is 60lb away from, so probably will take another year to get these extra lbs off.. : /
So hoping we may now get a natural chance at getting pregnant.. : )))
How about you...?? X

Would like that ... : )))
Nice to talk to someone going through the same.
How long have you been ttc...?
3yrs for us. Been on metformin for 2yrs, Pcos diagnosed in 09.
I'm in the UK.. you..?? X

Hey optimistc,

Thanks for updating me and I hope you get your BFP in the coming month. Is it true that there is a higher chance ofgetting pregnaant after the hsg? I hope that is the case for both of us too. I have been ttc since last 6 months, but no luck, all the results appears normal. So the doc says that we should try for some while and then if nothing they will refer to us for IVF.

It so frustrating and scary sometims, I feel like crying out loud, but we just have to hang in there and like you said let nature take it course.
Take care and lets be tehre for each others and see through this tough journey.
talk soon, hugs

Hi there, its not easy at all, I know how your feeling... : ( we have been trying for 3yrs.
Emotions are always yo-yoing around.
We had to try for a good year before we was referred to fertility..
When you sit and think about it all... think how long your cycles are, how many chances you have in a year, if its a good egg, good sperm, its al about timing , it is a miracle really.. my periods are 33-35 days apart so that could mean I maybe only have 10/11 chances a year, timing ovulation right sex etc...
its very complexed really...
its taken for granted... we naively think its the most natural thing in the world and it happens easy... : /
yeh having a hsg can make you super fertile for a few months after.. so fingers crossed.
I hope its time too... we have waited long long time...
I know it sounds silly but just try and relax a little.. let nature do its job...
Patience is tough I know : )
look after yourself, eat well, exercise, take folic acid, stay well, stress free, get hubby to do the same... x

Dear Optimistic,

Thanks for such a lovely reply, makes me feel better. Hopefully, we both we have some good news soon, perhaps the hsg will do the trick for us . Keep up your spirit, I am very sure you will have your baby. sending you all positive vibes and baby dust.

I try to keep myself busy with work, but often find myslef on one of these sites, reading and brooding and worrying and then getting sad....that perhaps perhaps ...being amother is not my destiny :(......

Can I join in on this.....I had an hsg on the 23 of this month, I had 4 days of spotting afterwards. I was worried something was wrong but it stopped. I really didn't have a lot of info going into the procedure and showed both of my tubes were "clogged up" but now cleared from the dye. We have been trying for one year so we are very hopeful that is was the reason we weren't conceiving and this may have been our answer. Do you know if you have ovulated yet since you have had your hsg?

Thanks sunshine Xx
Lots of baby dust sent to you hun ... Make the most of happy baby dancing : )))
Yeh its hard but you do have to try and get on with life... They say when you relax etc it helps ... Easier said than done .... Try to be positive... Pma... I know its tough.. Xx
Send you positive thoughts

Hey there... Yeh no worries its always good to talk ...
I think it'd depend on when in your cycle you had the Hsg.. would you normally ovulate now? I'm ovulating in the next few days , but had discharge today/yesterday sorry for the tmi. : /
Try not to worry, just relax, try and carry on as normal.
Fab news they have cleared the tubes... Fingers crossed for you... Sending you baby dust... Stay well, healthy, keep smiling Xx
There is a good percentage of pregnancy after the Hsg... Good luck : )))

Can I join in on this.....I had an hsg on the 23 of this month, I had 4 days of spotting afterwards. I was worried something was wrong but it stopped. I really didn't have a lot of info going into the procedure and showed both of my tubes were "clogged up" but now cleared from the dye. We have been trying for one year so we are very hopeful that is was the reason we weren't conceiving and this may have been our answer. Do you know if you have ovulated yet since you have had your hsg?

Hey there, I had mine on 24 May, and i did spot for two Days and then it stopped. My tubes were clear.
Good news that your tubes are unclogged. There will be a huge chance of getting pregnant. I should be ovulating anytime now, but sometime i ovulate late. But do keep us posted

wishing you the very best

Thanks sunshine Xx
Yeh its hard but you do have to try and get on with life... They say when you relax etc it helps ... Easier said than done .... Try to be positive... Pma... I know its tough.. Xx

Hey optimist,

Hope you are doing well. I am very tired today. I am keeping my fingers cross for you , do keep me updated sweet.

Thanks sunshine Xx

Hey optimist,

Hope you are doing well. I am very tired today. I am keeping my fingers cross for you , do keep me updated sweet.

THANKS SUNSHINE X HOPE YOUR OK:hugs:

Hey there, I had mine on 24 May, and i did spot for two Days and then it stopped. My tubes were clear.
Good news that your tubes are unclogged. There will be a huge chance of getting pregnant. I should be ovulating anytime now, but sometime i ovulate late. But do keep us posted

wishing you the very best

Thanku :hugs:
hopefully you will ovulate ok fingers crossed for u:happydance:

Thank you both so much, pretty sure I ovulated today so now it is just the dreaded 2ww! I probably have my hopes up a little higher this month, maybe this will be the month for all 3 of us. Fingers crossed for you both keep me posted :winkwink:

Thank you both so much, pretty sure I ovulated today so now it is just the dreaded 2ww! I probably have my hopes up a little higher this month, maybe this will be the month for all 3 of us. Fingers crossed for you both keep me posted :winkwink:

Awww fingers crossed for u : )))
Yeh its terrible isn't it waiting... Patience isn't great..
Been a different month of ovulation lots lots of watery stuff with discharged sorry tmi : ))
Have you noticed any differences... ??

Awww fingers crossed for u : )))
Yeh its terrible isn't it waiting... Patience isn't great..
Been a different month of ovulation lots lots of watery stuff with discharged sorry tmi : ))
Have you noticed any differences... ??

No I am having a pretty typical cycle nothing at all out of the ordinary. I thought I ovulated a little sooner than I did but it seems I was a day or two off. My temp started to rise then went back down now its up where it should be. So now the 2ww officially begins lol. But it's the weekend the sun is shining the temperature is hot so I think I will just sit back enjoy the ride hope for the best (for us all) :flow:

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Hope all well with you too and that you are enjoying your weekend.

I am not sure when did I ovulate this time, as like optimist, I have had some misleading signs and on more than one ocassion. But my gut feeling is that I ovulated yesterday (But could becompletely wrong).

The thing is I am so exhausted with all this ttcing business and very heartbroken too when I come to think of it. But all we can do is try and hope.

I do really hope that this is our month our time, sending both of you all the positive vibes and oddles of bay dust. Lets hang in together here. we can just keep on updating on this thread.

I cycles generally range from 28-32 day with 28 genreally beoing the norm. So according to this calculation, AF is due around 13-17 May (any one of these Days depending on when I had my ovulation).
When is AF due for you too?

Have a really nice sunday my buddies.
take care and speak soon
hugs

oppss too many typo errors in the previous post :p. Oddles of baby dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->