Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

I started taking the pill at 17 and continues until last September. I've been off for 4.5 months now, because we knew that we were going to ttc in January.

I started pills cause my period was crazy. Extremely painful, a 7-9 days long, and HEAVY. The month after no pills i went back to what it used to be like when i was 17. Now every month has been different. 24-31 day cycles and O Day anywhere from CD12-17

Trish that Sucks :( I'm soo sorry to hear that. How long was your cycle before this one? I feel like I'm hunkering down for a LONG cycle too! I was so hopeful that AF would arrive this week, but nothing...nothing at all. :cry:

Pluto - yes, spotting is a great sign! Maybe Implantation bleeding??? FX for you! Even if it is not, hopefully AF arrives then :)

Bonidee - I know how you feel exactly! It is such a horrible feeling not getting AF and thinking that 'this is it' then seeing that ONE stupid line on a test. It is so defeating. At least you know that you are NOT the only one going through this (even though I know it feels like that sometimes) I was wondering the exact same thing...maybe kids aren't meant for us? Maybe we should just give up.:shrug: But then I realize that I want kids more than anything and just need to be positive and trust that God has a plan. (I'm not super religous but DH is) so I 'try' to have 'faith' it will all work out.

aw hugs to all you ladies...!!!

i am a little scare after reading this post though, i must say! i stopped the pill a few weeks ago; if things are semi-normal i'd be starting my period (or getting a positive pregnancy test) around the 20th/21st.

as a general question, how were your periods before you ladies started the pill? i'm hoping that since i had very regular cycles before, they will come back, even though i was on the pill for about 8 years! :dohh:

i am a little scare after reading this post though, i must say! i stopped the pill a few weeks ago; if things are semi-normal i'd be starting my period (or getting a positive pregnancy test) around the 20th/21st.

as a general question, how were your periods before you ladies started the pill? i'm hoping that since i had very regular cycles before, they will come back, even though i was on the pill for about 8 years! :dohh:

mine was VERY regular, 28 day cycle. Ohhh those were the days!

I hope you won't have a problem with yours. My sister and cousin stopped bc (pill) right after I did and they were both regular right away

Hey ladies!! Sorry I've not been around in a while, how has everyone been and where are you all upto now in your cycles?

Carine - Welcome there, some people are just so insensitive about these kinds of things, and you would have thought she would understand!? I HATE the tracking too, I always thought I would come off the pill and after several months become regular, have regular sex, know when I was late and test - viola!!... Not that easy though eh, sometimes you have to just get a little bit more into it to understand what's going on. Ignore her comments, and remember we are here for you, and we understand :hugs:

Bonidee - Hi there! Are your regular cycles every other one or every third etc? Maybe one ovary is working "normal" and the other is a bit sluggish? I know a girl who ovulates exactly every third cycle. I'm sure this means that everything is working OK, but that the off cycles will just take a bit longer. FX for you :flower:

Trishg - Hey there :hugs: I wouldn't let that worry you though (easy said than donw I know) because my Mum had no trouble conceiving all of us after the pill, and I'm now on a year off BCP and still whacky, so I don't think you can judge your own fertility by comparing to your Mums. I hope for you so much that everything sorts out soon. Were always here for you. Sorry to hear about the funeral, was it someone close?

Phanton710 - welcome to the thread! This sounds good :thumbsup: I know you may not think it, but at least your cycles so far are between the normal range. Hopefully you are a lucky one and will get that :baby: soon! Let us know how the others go.

qwk - Welcome to the thread! Oh no, please don't let our experiences worry you, I know many women who conceived straight after the pill. I was regular before I went on BCP, came off 12months ago and still irregular, but that's not to say that you will experience the same. As much as it is completely normal to take some time to regulate after BCP, I'm certain more women regulate sooner than don't... I'm actually the only one I know that has had this happen, all family/ friends that I know about have all fell immediately (or at least within first 3months). Let us know how you get on :hugs: We're all always here for you!

Katiekittykat - YAYYY for ovulation!!

How are all the other ladies doing... Missangie? Finally ready? Plutosblue? I see you 3 have had some "goings-on" lately, what's the update? Any other ladies who've not checked in in a while, any success stories?

I do love my long posts eh?! :haha: xxxxx

Ok so spotting has stopped today but had cramps all last night, now 6/7 DPO - am hoping this is Implantation!! :thumbup:

Going to do a sneaky test on my birthday :blush: (The 9th) and then again on the 14th as I don't think I will get anything but I can't resist the idea of a birthday baby present!

Even if its AF I will be pleased as its a shorter cycle than last month! Obviously I am easily pleased :rofl:

Katiekittykat - YAYYY for ovulation!!

Mine were very heavy and long as a teenager, then gradually lightened up until they were pretty manageable by the time I got pregnant with #1. Always regular. Then I went on the pill right away after he was born, and when I came off six months ago (after almost 3 years on), they were heavy again, like when I was a teenager, and irregular. Not like some of these ladies, but ranging anywhere from 16 days to 38. Ugh. Seems like it's pretty normal for everything to change after the pill.

Katiekittykat-- WOOHOO!!!! Congrats on your O!

I have everything crossed that it is IB Plutosblue!! Let us know how the test goes on your birthday!! How long would this cycle be? xx

You're so right Amaryllisred, anything can happen after the pill :dohh: It is soooo frustrating! How are you anyway? xx

I have everything crossed that it is IB Plutosblue!! Let us know how the test goes on your birthday!! How long would this cycle be? xx

You're so right Amaryllisred, anything can happen after the pill :dohh: It is soooo frustrating! How are you anyway? xx

Would be about 49/50 days, :wacko: maybe

Have had EWCM again today mixed in with the pink streaks, read up about it and apparently its a really good sign your ovulating..

:shrug: Confused.com That would put my cycle back to a 56/57 day cycle, which is about right for me (going from past months)

Arrrrrgggg this TTC lark is confusing :haha:

Period arrived today so thats 41 days then 77 days so far after pill. Started starflower oil about 10 days ago so fingers crossed that has helped the hormone balance!!

Mine were regular too! Like clock work, I think I was every 29 or 30 days before BCP. So many of my friends went on the pill to regulate their periods, I went on it to see if it would help clear up my face. I just assumed when I stopped it everything would be regular again. I'm the ONLY one out of 6 best friends that this has happened too. But here I am going on 7 months stopping the pill and I am CD 31 On Cycle #1 with no AF in sight!

I finally ovulated on cd63....I'm 4DPO now!!

YAY! :happydance: Were you using OPK's? Or just temping?

I have a question for you ladies. I usually temp every morning at around 8am. My normal temps are between 97.0 and 97.3. Well DH has been under a lot of stress and really needed some extra sleep this morning but we have a dog who at the slightest sign of movement wakes up and jumps all over you. So I decided to wait to temp till hubby was already awake to give him a little more sleep. I ended up temping at 9:10 am and my temp was 97.6. Is it normal to be that much higher within the space of an hour? I still didn't move and it was my first waking temp. I was just going to discard it but now I am really curious...

thanks for all your responses ladies! i know it's just one of those things i'll have to wait and see. i hope you all get back on normal cycles soon... glad to know there is already such a great support group here just in case...! :hugs: :hugs:

Hi all,
Is been a week os so since I've been on this thread, hope you're all doing well.
I went to the doctors because it'd been almost 4 months since I'd had a period after coming off the pill. They'd already done blood tests that came back fine and so he gave me progesterone pills to kick start my period. I finished taking them today so fingers crossed my AF will arrive very soon.

Just as I started taking the pills my FF chart predicted I'd ovulated a few days before. That would be great other than the cross hairs are dotted because it's not exactly sure. An I'm guessing that because I've been taking progesterone pills that would have elevated my temps anyway and so I can not rely on this cycles chart. Does anyone know if my guesses are correct?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33105f

Hi All,

How is everyone doing on this lovely windy day? lol

Just thought i'd pop on for a little catch up whilst im at home doing some revision for my accountancy exam (or not revising as is the case at the mo lol)

Really dont know whats going on with my cycles, downloaded an app for my Iphone which states my cycles average a 47 day cycle and its predicted that i should O between 6-12th Feb! Also i think i had a +OPK on 4th and also had CM however (TMI warning lol) it was quite pink and really thick (TBH it reminded me of the glue that attaches your bank card to the letter but it was pink lol) has anyone ever had this? Could it mean i've o'd? I took a pic to take to my scan next week but dont think i'll have the guts to show the Dr/Nurse as it would be just too weird lol!!

FX Katie that this is your month, hell knows you deserve it! I read about your new job on the other thread and had a little thought....it would be typical for you to get your BFP now you've got a new job! Stranger things have happened lol.

TrishG - as Mrs H has said, everyones cycles are different and you may not be like you mom, just hang in there and see how it goes and try not to worry as that wont help (famous last words right ladies!!!)

Mrs Bucko - your post only just showed?! I'll keep everything crossed that AF comes for you xxx

So the past 2 days my temps have been elevated and I thought I might be having some ewcm ( I am really not good at checking those kind of things) so I was excited thinking maybe I was FINALLY O'ing but then today my temp dropped like a rock. Lower than it has ever been. :cry:

What are your ladies average temps? I feel like mine are really low and I know I've read something about low temps possibly being related to hypothyroidism. My temps usually range from 97.0 F to 97.3 F. This morning it was 96.8 F.

I would post my chart for anyone interested but I can't figure out how :blush:

Hi ladies so AF finally got me...very happy hopefully this next cycle won't be as long (last period 10/10). Got a peak on cbfm on 27th so I think my lp was 12days. Going to start taking agnus castus again today until I next ovulate. Hope everyone is good xxx

So the past 2 days my temps have been elevated and I thought I might be having some ewcm ( I am really not good at checking those kind of things) so I was excited thinking maybe I was FINALLY O'ing but then today my temp dropped like a rock. Lower than it has ever been. :cry:

What are your ladies average temps? I feel like mine are really low and I know I've read something about low temps possibly being related to hypothyroidism. My temps usually range from 97.0 F to 97.3 F. This morning it was 96.8 F.

I would post my chart for anyone interested but I can't figure out how :blush:
If you've set up your home page, just copy and paste the link.
My temps are between 97.9 and 98.4, but last cycle, the week before AF, they were between 98.2 and 99. (I don't take it while I'm still lying in bed, so they're probably a little higher than they would be and also a little less accurate. :shrug:)
I've heard that some ladies get a temp dip just before they actually ov, so it could be that the ewcm is just a sign that you're going to and once your temp rises, that means you already have. I'd wait a couple days and see if it starts to rise.
No worries. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->