Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Oo interesting! How is the acupuncture supposed to help?

Looks like this one is shaping up to be 26 days, going by FF and temps and ewcm. 26 days?!?! Who has a cycle of 26 days?
It seems like just when you think you're starting to regulate, boom! Seriously. How long before I'm normal again?

I did acupuncute for almost 3 months. no changes. It was relaxing and nice but my goal was to start my period and it didnt happen. At my very last acupuncture session I was give some chinese herbs and almost 3 weeks later I had my period (the first one after my withdrawal bleed) So maybe it was the herbs? So my advice would be to do herbs with the acupuncture if you try it!

Thanks! I could use the relaxing part...I do yoga quite often (5-6 times a week) but TTC is stressful, especially when :witch: won't come!

struth - accupunture is supposed to help regulate your cycles, but it seems like some people swear by it and others say it doesn't do much at all.

I'm still considering because it can be expensive (the place I'm looking at charges $125 for the first visit, and then $75 for each visit after) and I don't think my insurance covers it.

I was looking into trying Vitex as well...I definitely have LH in my system, I basically always have a line (but negative) on OPKs, so I think progesterone is my problem. I'm a little leary about herbs though, as they can mess you up even worse if you don't know what you're doing (and I sure don't)!

Just thought id give you all my update. I finally got af yesterday! My cycle was 126 days long. Im hoping the reflexology kick started me, it definitely seemed like it timing wise. Am carrying it on and really hoping that my body will go back to normal now and ill get my BFP soon! Got my cbfm to use this month!

I did acupuncute for almost 3 months. no changes. It was relaxing and nice but my goal was to start my period and it didnt happen. At my very last acupuncture session I was give some chinese herbs and almost 3 weeks later I had my period (the first one after my withdrawal bleed) So maybe it was the herbs? So my advice would be to do herbs with the acupuncture if you try it!

Thanks! I could use the relaxing part...I do yoga quite often (5-6 times a week) but TTC is stressful, especially when :witch: won't come!

struth - accupunture is supposed to help regulate your cycles, but it seems like some people swear by it and others say it doesn't do much at all.

I'm still considering because it can be expensive (the place I'm looking at charges $125 for the first visit, and then $75 for each visit after) and I don't think my insurance covers it.

I was looking into trying Vitex as well...I definitely have LH in my system, I basically always have a line (but negative) on OPKs, so I think progesterone is my problem. I'm a little leary about herbs though, as they can mess you up even worse if you don't know what you're doing (and I sure don't)!

The cost for my acupuncture was almost exactly the same. Luckily, the guy I went to did cheaper "group" sessions and so I went to those every now and then and it was only 30 bucks. I went once a week. He said to go once a week until AF showed up and was regular and then to go just around ovulation time. The interesting thing about acupuncture was that he was really acurate with a lot of what he was finding/saying. They check your tongue and your pulse before doing treatment and ask a lot of questions. I used to have night sweats often and when I was doing treatments I started to sleep through the night without sweating. I also had a sinus infection and after one treatment I left feeling completely cleared up! So I definitely do think acupuncture can help many things. I am interested still but skeptical about it helping with cycles and TTC but I think if I were to have used the herbs in conjunction with the treatments, maybe I would have had better results. The price and time commitment of going every week is why I have stopped.

Just thought id give you all my update. I finally got af yesterday! My cycle was 126 days long. Im hoping the reflexology kick started me, it definitely seemed like it timing wise. Am carrying it on and really hoping that my body will go back to normal now and ill get my BFP soon! Got my cbfm to use this month!

Whoooooo!!!! FX'ed for your BFP soon!!!! <3

The cost for my acupuncture was almost exactly the same. Luckily, the guy I went to did cheaper "group" sessions and so I went to those every now and then and it was only 30 bucks.

I saw the place I am checking into does this too...they call it "community acupuncture." I was curious how that works...do you sit and do a session with strangers? This seems strange to me, but obviously I haven't actually seen a session yet, so maybe it's not so weird? :) And maybe this is a really dumb question...but I assumed you were naked (like getting a massage)? Are you naked with strangers? ...Cause I'm not doing that :)

Hi All,

I too am all new to this. I have been trying to read all the previous post but i am strugging with a few of the abreviations (sorry for the spelling).

I came off the yasmin pill at the end of August last year and had my normal period a few days after. I have been on the pill since i was 15/16 years old and i am now 25. I have had a few breaks inbetween the years due to not getting my repeat perscripions on time / changing from microgynon to Yasmin.

My periods have been really irregular. My first real period after coming off the pill (and the withdrawal bleed) was 74 days after the last, then 48 days after that. I am now on day 43 and have still not had anything. :-(

To make things worse my brother-in-law and his girlfriend had a baby girl yesterday. I am really happy for them as they have gone through so much during there pregnancy, but i cant help myself feel jealous. Me and my husband have been wanting to start a family for a number of years but due to us getting married, buying a house ect.. we have put it off. The frustrating part is my brother-in-law and his girlfriend didnt plan the baby and she was only off the pill for a month before she was caught.

This left me feeling totally useless. After reading the posts on this thread i feel so much better. I know know i am not alone. Thank you

About 6 months a go, I was thinking of setting up a thread like this, and if this thread had been around, I would certainly have been here having a good old moan. However, I am pleased to say that it doesn't seem to be necessary at the moment.

I started taking Microgynon 10 years a go, as my periods were always very irregular and painful so I wanted the convenience of the pill. I stopped taking it in May 09 as I wanted to see if things had changed and decided I was at a stage where getting pregnant accidentally wouldn't be a problem.

My cycles were anything up to 60+ days, but I also went through a phase of 12 day cycles :cry: However, a couple of months a go I started to notice a good pattern, and I even spotted ovulation symptoms last month. When I checked my cycle tracker, it was dead on time for another 29 day cycle (the 5th in a row) :happydance: I was so excited when AF arrived on time and am now looking forward to more ovulation cramps next week!

I know everyone is different, but I hope this gives some hope that things may eventually settle down for those of you with crazy periods.

I am so glad Ganton that your periods are now regular :happydance: and i hope they stay that way :thumbup:
I hope mine start to settle down again. Only thing is i cant remember how long it used to take before :witch: arrived.

I really didnt know that trying to have a baby could be so complicated :cry:

xxx

Hi Ladies wondering if I can join you?

Came off BCP July 2010. Cycles have been all over the place 36,32,44,30,57. Now on CD4 of ????

Noticed some of you were chatting bout acupuncture, I'm currently doing this and really enjoying it. Will let you know if I think it helps.

:dust:xxxxx

Hi ladies. Glad have found this thread...is comforting. Wondered if someone might offer some advice?

Stopped pill Nov 10. Withdrawal bleed early dec then 42 day cycle to 11th jan. I thought I was getting into a normal cycle this month-I had really noticeable egg White cm around day 14 tho did not do temps or opk. But now cd 31 no af bfn :( can you get the egg White mucus without ovulating?? I hope it doesn't take a year to ovulate!!!

The cost for my acupuncture was almost exactly the same. Luckily, the guy I went to did cheaper "group" sessions and so I went to those every now and then and it was only 30 bucks.

I saw the place I am checking into does this too...they call it "community acupuncture." I was curious how that works...do you sit and do a session with strangers? This seems strange to me, but obviously I haven't actually seen a session yet, so maybe it's not so weird? :) And maybe this is a really dumb question...but I assumed you were naked (like getting a massage)? Are you naked with strangers? ...Cause I'm not doing that :)

Nope, not naked at all. Rolled up pant legs and socks and shoes off. The difference between the private and group sessions with where I went were that the private session he did acupuncture on both front and back. For the back I did take my shirt off but could leave a bra on and he gave me an opened back gown and it was all done lying on a table with soothing music, lavender eye pillow. pillow for under head and legs. With the group session the acupuncture was just done on the front so still fully clothed with pant legs rolled up and barefoot. It was done in a reclining chair in dark room at the local gym. Music played still but some background noise from the basketball court nearby. There was usually two others in nearby chairs but he speaks to everyone privately. It was definitely not as awkward as I thought it was going to be with others in the room. Was not AS relaxing but still somewhat. He placed needles from knees down to my toes and on my lower arms and hands. top of the head, sometimes ears and sometimes my abdomen (just lifted shirt a bit)

Hey ladies!

Nothing really new to report on my end. CD 73 and no sign of AF. However I did get a new job this week so I am HOPING that it might speed things along since there will be SO much less stress in my home now :haha: DH had a little rough patch the past 2 weeks dealing with a lot of stress but things have already been so much better so I am very hopeful that things will turn around for us.

However I am still planning on seeing my doctor at the beginning of March if AF hasn't shown by then.

Interested in hearing how the acupuncture goes! :dust:

Hi ladies. Glad have found this thread...is comforting. Wondered if someone might offer some advice?

Stopped pill Nov 10. Withdrawal bleed early dec then 42 day cycle to 11th jan. I thought I was getting into a normal cycle this month-I had really noticeable egg White cm around day 14 tho did not do temps or opk. But now cd 31 no af bfn :( can you get the egg White mucus without ovulating?? I hope it doesn't take a year to ovulate!!!

Hi Midge! I certainly had EWCM without ovulating - I had EWCM around CD11 of my first cycle after my withdrawal bleed and, like you, thought I had O'd. Turned out I didn't O until CD44. If you want to be more certain of O I would recommend OPKs or temping. You can then see if all of your signs merge around the same time.

It doesn't mean that you haven't O'd necessarily - it just might have happened/happen later in your cycle. I only noticed a very small amount of EWCM during my actual O. If I wasn't looking for it I would have probably missed it!

GL!

Well - it looks like I will be getting full blown AF today. I'm 11dpo so would be okay with that. I still have spotting and my temps have dipped below the coverline this morning.

So....onto the second cycle - lets hope it is less than 55 days!

Hi MrsH1984,

Well I finally got my AF the other day, so I am on cd3 now and am hoping this cycle will be more normal! I have no idea whether or not I did actually ovulate or if it was the progesterone tablets (On the morning of the day that I started taking the progesterone pills FF predicted I'd ovulated aFew days before) but am just glad to be on a new cycle. It felt like th cycle was never going to end.

I've started taking agnus castus again ihe hop I helps me to ovulate around the normal time. But I don't want to get my hopes up too much that I will.

I hope that you ovulate soon.

Xx

Thanks for the advice struth and glad to hear af finally arrive-good luck this cycle. Would you recommend starting temping and opk now or wait until next cycle??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->