Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hi BumbleBee

My story is SO similar to yours! Off the pill in March had the withdrawl bleed and then 24 days later another period! I was like aww right :) cycles are awesome.... and over two months later nothing!! I was referred to a gynecologist because I have another cyst in my left ovary and she immediately asked about fertility. Yes we want kids etc so she recommended getting on it right away. I've seen her twice since then and she's given me Provera to induce a period. I just had the Provera induced period and we're hoping I ovulate this cycle. I'm being fast tracked for things due to the cyst so if nothing happens by end of August she's looking into fertility options. Usually you have to wait a year.

I totally agree!! How can you "try" if you aren't ovulating! It's not like we're trying and failing! We can't even try :)

Struth, who just got pregnant on this thread and wouldluvabub also just got pregnant had been trying for over 6 months with irregular cycles. I'm holding out hope still :D

It WILL happen for you guys - it is so frustrating though isn't it? I was TTC for 7 months before I got my bfp (which actually isn't that long compared to the average stats) but I only had 4 cycles (one lasting 3 months).

I guess the main thing to work out is if you are ovulating during your wonky cycles or not. I was lucky in that I was but the length of my cycle was all over the place. That is why I had to use opks - that is me but other people feel differently - I just had to know when it was coming as I didn't want to miss it.

I have my FX'd for all you ladies :dust:

Oh and I just lay on my back with my feet on the bed (so my knees we up and pelvis tilted)!!

How long were your cycles Struth?

Thanks!
x

I came off the pill in December 2010 and had my withdrawal bleed. My first cycle was 55 days (there were three points in that cycle I thought I had O'd! It was so frustrating - after the second time, I started using opks!). My next cycle was 29 days (completely surprised me). My third cycle was 88 days - I thought I would go mad. It was during this cycle I went to the drs and they starting looking into things. And then this cycle would have been 29 days.

Whether my cycles were adjusting or not I don't know. As I think I might have said before, I was being investigated for PCOS as my hormones were wonky (my LH was four times by FSH when they are supposed to be roughly even). When they scanned me for PCOS they also found an endometrial cyst too. They were looking into this and saying that I might be prescribed metformin to regulate my cycles when I got my bfp.

I was so down at one point thinking how unfair it was to have so fewer chances than everyone else. I had forgotten that I DID still have chances - they were just less often. A lady on this forum helped by pointing that out - as long as you are O'ing you have a chance and the odds are that it WILL happen x

Hey struth, i was going to ask - what happens with your cyst then? You don't need it removed or anything? Just something you can do down the line?

I really don't know! All the GP told me was that the scan had revealed a thick walled cyst. I was there when she wrote the referral letter and it was only in that she called it an endometrioma. I was hoping to find out more at my appointment with the gynae last week but he cancelled on me. It has been rearranged for next week so I will be asking him them.

I did speak with my GP after finding out I was pregnant though as I wasn't sure whether to still see the gynae - it was only then I was told that the cyst was 25mm and that it shouldn't impact on the pregnancy. That is all I know... :-(

I need to write a list of questions for the gynae next week - and your questions will be among them!

I was told that despite having a 3cm cyst pregnancy would be just fine and the gyne would wait until after we'd been pregnant and delivered a baby to remove it.

Good luck! Your story is very similar to me, came off the pill in Jan, had withdrawal bleed, then a period after 35 days and I thought hurrah - back to normal. But alas - nothing since then. GP's referred me and am waitingfor gynae appointment to come through.

Good luck for tomorrow!

Thanks! Am not really sure what to expect really, but we'll soon see!

When are you likely to have your gynae appt? Do you know what they will test for/look at?

x

Hiya,

I was offered one on Tuesday but it wasn't enough notice for my work unfortunately. I should get one within the next couple of months.

The bloods my GP did came back fairly normal. Very low progesterone which confirms what we already know - I'm not ovulating, and my FSH:LH ratio wasn't quite 1:1. So I imagine the gynae will be looking for any cysts.

Sorry your results werent what you were hoping for. :hugs:

Hope you're able to get another appt, and able to get time off work. Phone in sick if you have to! :haha:

How did you already know you werent ovulating? If you dont mind me asking?

Had you had other tests or did you try OPKs?

xx

The blood test results were just what we wanted actually :winkwink: It was such a huge relief to know there wasn't anything hugely drastically wrong with my hormones.

Unfortunately I'm self employed and phoning in sick this week isn't an option :nope: lol

I had been tracking my BBT and CM since January so I knew I wasn't ovulating, no temp spike or EWCM :(

Well nothing to report here. I think my thermometer's battery is dying because I've been getting flat line temps pretty much since the start of the cycle. Hopefully I'll get a chance to change the battery or get a new thermometer today.

Hope everyone is well. SO far no change in CM so I know nothing is happening even without knowing for sure the temps are correct.

Good luck! Your story is very similar to me, came off the pill in Jan, had withdrawal bleed, then a period after 35 days and I thought hurrah - back to normal. But alas - nothing since then. GP's referred me and am waitingfor gynae appointment to come through.

Good luck for tomorrow!

Well.......

I had pretty much normal hormone levels except for raised testosterone.

I've been referred to gynae and am seeing someone in 2 weeks (impressed) so will see what happens there then!

Anyone else had raised testosterone? Would that stop/affect my cycles?

Any help would be great! What were your levels if you did?

Flufette - hope you can get another appt soon. Shame you're not able to pull a sickie! :winkwink: Have you been doing OPK's?

I havent had many symptoms, but have had positive OPK's (smiley clear blue ones)

xx

Blurry because my hand was, and still is, shaking
IMG00377.jpg

Yup, HCG at 1.30pm today, so not even FMU.

I have no idea, I stopped temping and monitoring CM aaaages ago because it was depressing. DH and I haven't been near each other for about 2 weeks because I've had a nasty chest infection and then had back ache. This week I haven't been able to eat until lunchtime, but I thought it was the tummy bug DH and DS had. Then today this little voice suggested I just POAS in case... and there they were.

The second test was with the tiniest dribble of wee because I'd tossed the sample after the first test, as I was expecting a BFN. I mean if I can get a BFN that strong with abotu 2ml of wee....

Bloody hell I need a lie down....

DH nearly passed out when I showed him!

Congratulations - they are super dark - you are most definitely pregnant!

OMG - how good is that? You must have randomly caught the egg at the right time. When did you last have AF?

So pleased for you - I bet it will take a while to sink in.

Have a H&H 9 (well probably more like 8 or less) months x

Yay! Another one pregnant! This is awesome :) Congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->