Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Thank you fluffette. Guess I'll have to wait for AF as we didn't time BD around then:dohh:. Guess it's on to another cycle. Greeaat:growlmad:

HMmm.... difficult one but I would be more inclined to say cd49. At cd42/43 you have the drop but the temps are no higher than your pre-O ones. Having said that I have seen ovulations look like that :shrug: If you take out the EWCM and water CM at cd31-34, what does FF do?

Thank you fluffette. Guess I'll have to wait for AF as we didn't time BD around then:dohh:. Guess it's on to another cycle. Greeaat:growlmad:

HMmm.... difficult one but I would be more inclined to say cd49. At cd42/43 you have the drop but the temps are no higher than your pre-O ones. Having said that I have seen ovulations look like that :shrug: If you take out the EWCM and water CM at cd31-34, what does FF do?

I would be tempted to say cd49 like Struth based just on temperatures, however you did have that watery cm on cd 42... and the temps kind of went up after that. I would think if you did O af should be imminent or about 7-10 days away :hugs: that's about all I can come up with. The higher temps that you have had in the last 5 days are promising though. Maybe take a pregnancy test because if you did O on cd 34 like FF thinks then you are probably seeing higher temps because of pregnancy??

I think I'm going to test from the CD49 possible o just to be on the safe side. The weird thing is, after the FF o date I had loads of "symptoms" but from the other o dates they stopped. My body is so strange. Thank you all for looking at my chart. I know I've been overly obsessed about it but I really had to know what's going on
Hopefully this cycle will be the BFP for you fluffette. Fingers crossed for this cycle for us all:hugs:

Have you tried taking the EWCM and watery CM at cd31-34 out to see what happens (you can always put it back in later). I think that FF is keeping your o there because of those entries. If you were to take it out you could see what FF would say based on your temps alone.

I guess your symptoms could have been ovulation symptoms? What symptoms were they?

It is so frustrating isn't it? One cycle I thought that I had ovulated 2 times before I actually did. I got all the way to cd10 and then FF took away my crosshairs :nope:

Hi ladies hope you don't mind me joining the thread. I've been lurking for a while but afraid to post as there is 127 pages of lovelyness to read through and I didn't want to barge in and want sympathy!

I'm relatively new and TTC and came off BCP in August naively assuming that AF would return to normal, alas my body does not want to play ball whatsoever!

My first cycle was 44 days long, I wasn't charting/tracking etc so unsure to what went on that month and if I ovulated, I did have some midcycle spotting around CD 28 and EWCM but doesn't really correlate as my LP would have been too long...

Anyway this cycle I thought I'd be a little more control of the situation and track etc but...well...all I've learnt is my body is still being wacky and doing its own thing!
Currently CD 36 and no signs at all of ovulation....infact my cycle has been pretty all over the place.... CM has been mainly creamy a little watery at times but nothing to shout about... CP has never been fertile... temps have just been plodding along and my OPK's big fat negatives every day. There is a second line but it's been there since CD 8 and hasn't got any darker. Everyday a little part of me just feels mega gutted when I see no positive second line!

I'm starting to think I might not ovulate this cycle. I've been having slight cramps since about CD8 as well, my skin has been terrible since coming off BCP and I have random days where I feel awful and bloated. It's like PMT all the time lol!

I'm trying to remain positive in the long term and hope my cycles one day return to normal but I am finding the whole situation so disheartening :(

I'm also taking Agnus Castus (since september) and EPO and pre conception tablets... none of which have done anything so far :(

:dust: to you all thank you for listening xx

Urgh - it is so frustrating isn't it baby_nurse? I was in exactly the same position as you a few months ago. I'm afraid that the horrid pill can just take some time to get out of our system. My first cycle off the pill was 55 days, then 29, then 89.... I'm not sure where I am now as I have had two mc's back to back and so I have no idea whether they have now regulated or not. I'm just waiting for my first ovulation since the second mc earlier this month.

My heart goes out to you, it really does. It it likely that you will ovulate so hang in there with your temping and opking - it is probably just delayed due to your hormones being a but crazy at the moment.

You are in the right place though - the ladies on this thread are lovely and have been really supportive. I hope that that egg decides to come out to play soon x

So sorry about your mc's struth :( mustve been so hard my heart goes out to you.

Im trying to remain positive as I see from looking on b&b most people's cycles eventually return to normal which is promising. It's do hard not to stress though when I'm not sure what my body is doing. I keep getting a lot of negative thoughts like it'll never happen or I might have something wrong but I know realistically it's too early to think these things and it's just BC being a pain. I hope in a few months I can come on here and offer words of wisdom on how my cycles returned to normal and give hope to others lol!

Sticky :dust: to you x

So sorry about your mc's struth :( mustve been so hard my heart goes out to you.

Im trying to remain positive as I see from looking on b&b most people's cycles eventually return to normal which is promising. It's do hard not to stress though when I'm not sure what my body is doing. I keep getting a lot of negative thoughts like it'll never happen or I might have something wrong but I know realistically it's too early to think these things and it's just BC being a pain. I hope in a few months I can come on here and offer words of wisdom on how my cycles returned to normal and give hope to others lol!

Sticky :dust: to you x

Thanks for your kind words. Its not been fun but I'm ok and am just hoping that the next one will stick!

You will get there - I'm sure you will. It is normal to worry and think that there is something wrong - I did exactly the same! I even went and had investigations for PCOS (which were never concluded as I fell pregnant!). It is difficult - I found it frustrating that I was getting fewer chances of TTC than everyone else - I only had 4 cycles in 6 months - but it can just take time. My last two ovulations have happened at cd16 and then cd27 (this second one was after the first mc and so I was over the moon it happened so soon) so I'm hopeful that mine my have sorted themselves out - but it has been 10 months since I came off the pill. They say to allow a good 6 months for the pill to leave your system. I know it seems like forever when you are waiting and waiting but I hope that it doesn't take you that long and that your cycles sort themselves out soon. :hugs:

Oh Baby_Nurse it is horrible isn't it? Like you I thought everything would just magically go back to normal after coming off the pill in January, but it didn't. I had an enormously long cycle followed by nothing. I was on the waiting list for investigations into PCOS when I got my BFP around the same time as Struth, but like her miscarried before 12 weeks. An internal scan during treatment for my MC revealed that there are no cysts, so I'm just fat cos I love my cake and I'm lazy. I actually think the reason I ovulated was because I had lost 10lbs, the doctors said that was the best thing I could do to help my cycle return.

6 weeks after our m/c AF arrived on Sunday - my husband charmingly dubbed it "rinse and repeat":haha:

Just keep temping and plodding along. It might be worth talking to your GP - I doubt they will do anything right now, but at least they know that your cycle is being sluggish about returning, then they might be more forthcoming with treatment if required in the future.

:hugs:Baby_Nurse
We're all in this together!

We sure are! Even when (not if) I get another BFP I'm staying here, I ventured out into the wilds of b&b and didn't like it. They're not very friendly out there. :growlmad:

Re the flab fighting, I've actually been very good this week, I discovered new Galaxy instant hot chocolate - only 90kcals in a mug with water, and it actually tastes like chocolate (unlike you Options *shakes fist*) which means no sending hubby to the co-op over the road for a wispa.

The schools have been off as well, so DS and I went for a nice brisk walk this afternoon, and we've been playing on the kinect - which is knackering! I would love to shift about a stone, and get back into size 16 clothes for Christmas. Here's hoping!

We sure are! Even when (not if) I get another BFP I'm staying here, I ventured out into the wilds of b&b and didn't like it. They're not very friendly out there. :growlmad:

I ventured over the the first trimester boards for a look yesterday evening and just terrified myself - don't need anything to make me more nervous. Definitely think staying put here is the best idea! Glad to hear your af has arrived :hugs:

Littlbabywish - glad you've ov'd! :happydance: F'xd it might have been earlier than you thought and you might just have covered it - you never know :shrug: If not then f'xd your next cycle is a shorter one!

baby_nurse - you are definitely in the right place, we all know the feeling of the awful long post bcp cycles. :hugs: I'd say give it another few months and it will probably settle down but if not go to gp and beg for blood tests just to give you some reassurance. The dr and nurse i saw after 7 months off bcp with only 3 cycles told me it's actually quite common and my bloods were all normal. Got the shock of my life last week with a BFP on cd111 of my 3rd and by far my longest cycle (other two had been 59 days) so it is possible - I am now just hoping & praying this little bean sticks!

baby_nurse - you are definitely in the right place, we all know the feeling of the awful long post bcp cycles. :hugs: I'd say give it another few months and it will probably settle down but if not go to gp and beg for blood tests just to give you some reassurance. The dr and nurse i saw after 7 months off bcp with only 3 cycles told me it's actually quite common and my bloods were all normal. Got the shock of my life last week with a BFP on cd111 of my 3rd and by far my longest cycle (other two had been 59 days) so it is possible - I am now just hoping & praying this little bean sticks!

Thanks snowflake and big congrats on your bean it really gives me hope! Lots of sticky :dust: to you.

Thanks all you ladies for your kind words and reasurrances its really nice to know I'm not alone. I'm on nights this week so just taking it easy not really tracking etc so hopefully by next week something might have happened.

Think my plan is to go to dr's after xmas if still no AF or sign of things getting regular as it will have been 5 months then
xx

Hiya, just checking in to see how everyone is doing?

I think this is the longest/heaviest AF in the world - DH just about to phone Guinness Book of Records - but I shouldn't complain. :happydance:

Morning Fluffette and the other ladies..

I'm good - just patiently waiting for ovulation. CD17 today - I've had loads of EWCM over the last few days but no sign of a positive opk yet. I might be a little early though - I had my bloods done on Thursday and my hcg level was 8 so it is still only just about getting down to a pre-pregnancy state... Hopefully something will happen within the next week?

CD3 for me - lots of cramping but overall a lighter flow for me than before I went on BCP. Start my 100mg of Clomid today - I'll take it in a few hours. Had my u/s to check on my cyst this past Wednesday and this coming Wednesday I have my HSG :) Looking forward to hearing about any possible blocked tubes etc. I have a feeling that I will pass with flying colours though :)

Cannot wait for the OV symptoms to start and an actualy OV to happen this cycle. I'm feeling really positive about getting pregnant. My course work is almost over and my work life is settled :smug: it is SO the right time for us

Have you tried taking the EWCM and watery CM at cd31-34 out to see what happens (you can always put it back in later). I think that FF is keeping your o there because of those entries. If you were to take it out you could see what FF would say based on your temps alone.

I guess your symptoms could have been ovulation symptoms? What symptoms were they?

It is so frustrating isn't it? One cycle I thought that I had ovulated 2 times before I actually did. I got all the way to cd10 and then FF took away my crosshairs :nope:

I took out the CM's and it did take the ovulation day to CD43 which I think is right as the evil :witch: has appeared today. At least my luteal phase is 14 days though.

The symptoms were lower abdomen pain and nausea which can be ovulation symptoms. I just can't believe they lasted so long.

It is very frustrating not knowing if/when o is going to show. At least I did this month, I just wish we'd timed BD around then. Well, I guess it's another cycle.

Welcome to the thread baby nurse. Good luck TTC :hugs: and baby :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"