Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't been on to update, had a rubbish week because I have had a really bad cold so been resting as much as possible outside work times!
The scan was pretty straight forward and didn't hurt at all, but unfortunately just confirmed what i suspected :( Both my ovaries are englarged with multiple cysts on, there was about 15 on each one which is quite a few. My uterine lining was very thin too which shows I'm not ovulating. So combined with my bad skin and the dark hairs that keep appearing on my chin, and my raised testosterone, I think the conclusion is PCOS :(
I am going back to the doctors on Monday after work to get all the results in writing and need to go from there really.
The lady that did my scan said I need to be referred to fertility dept for clomid, so I'm hoping my GP will do that on Monday. The thing is we have only been TTC for 4 months but with no ovulation at all it seems silly trying any longer, so FX she will refer me. I sure can't go on like this though!
I felt sad at the time, but now I have had chance to think it through, I am glad we have got some answers, and hopefully will be on the journey to our BFP soon.
How is everyone else doing?
xxx

Hi blondy sorry to hear your news :( :hugs:

We're just finishing up 6 months of TTC and I've not had an ovulation either. My first round of Clomid didn't work so we're upping the dose this round and crossing our fingers. I'm also been scheduled for an HSG to check if my tubes are blocked. I had surgery on both ovaries 2.5 years ago to remove some cysts. DH is getting a sperm analysis done. AND I have a ultrasound scheduled to check on my ovaries as I have a cyst growing! :wacko:

Going to be a busy month for us for sure!

Keep on being positive! It will happen for us! :hugs:
I totally agree about TTC but not ovulating being a waste of time. It's not like we can even try! There's the whole :sex: part but it's never going to accomplish anything as we're not releasing eggs! :nope:

So sorry to hear that blondy. At least you've found out about it early and can get it sorted to get that BFP.:hugs:

Apparently even though FF put crosshairs on my chart and has said I've ovulated it doesn't actually seem that way. I've asked afew people on here and FF to have a look and they've all said the same thing. Back to square one now I guess:cry:

littlebabywish take a peek at my chart FF put crosshairs on mine saying O was CD16. It was not. You want a sustained thermal shift upwards like what is happening on CD31 and 32 and so on. I have not ovulated I am on a progesterone suppliment (Provera) to force af. However, that temp shift is what you should see after an ovulation. Not necessarily that cut and dry though sometimes it rises gradually :) Hope that helps!

You can always test to see if you did get a BFP or if you get af after that then it was an O for you but it is unlikely :hugs:

Hi ladies, sorry been away for the weekend so not had much access to the internet!

Blondy - sorry to hear your news but sounds like you are doing well with the positive thinking - as you say at least it gives you an answer about what is going on and hopefully they will start you on clomid asap to make you O. Let us know how you get on at the docs.

Littlbabywish - FF did the same thing to me this cycle. I had a series of elevated temps from cd 59 to 65 but I was fairly sure I hadn't O'd based on everything else and right enough I hadn't. It eventually took them away when I would have been about 19 dpo. It's really frustrating because although I had my doubts it did get me hopes up. Might be worth testing though just to be sure.

Excited about your increased dose of clomid Reba - I really think it'll do the trick given how close you seemed to be on 50mg, can't wait to see!

Thanks snowflake! I can't wait to see what it will do either :) I must have been really close considering FF ended up putting crosshairs after I started provera!

~9 days until af and then bring on the HSG, u/s to check on my cyst, new round of clomid and lots of :sex:!!

Snowflake was that finally an ovulation for you that I see on FF??
:dance:

Blondy sending you lots of PMA and :hugs:

Reba what day of provera are you on?

I'm on day 4 of Norethisterone half way tomorrow!! Will be so glad to start a fresh cycle and then start charting properly again.

Did you go any where nice at the weekend snowflake? x

Yeah Reba, I finally O'd on cd 100! :happydance: Been feeling like I'm getting af today though so suspect the :witch: will be here by tomorrow - not surprised as my body geared up to O and failed a few times this cycle which I've heard wrecks the quality of the eggy. Will be happy to get back to cd1 though at long last, and hoping & praying this next cycle is a more reasonable length!

We were just back home for a friend's 30th birthday party this weekend, was good fun but totally knackered today!

Blondy sending you lots of PMA and :hugs:

Reba what day of provera are you on?

I'm on day 4 of Norethisterone half way tomorrow!! Will be so glad to start a fresh cycle and then start charting properly again.

Did you go any where nice at the weekend snowflake? x

I'm also on day 4 of Provera :) almost 1/2 way there for sure!
I'm hoping I'll be second time lucky on Clomid

Sorry ladies, been at work meetings today so didn't get time to come on here but got the shock of my life this morning.....BFP on a FRER at cd111!!! :wohoo: I can't believe it, I've just about stopped shaking now!

My bbs had felt really, really sore on Sat so I did a FRER on Sunday morning and thought I could possibly see the faintest of faint second lines but only if I sort of screwed up my eyes and tilted a bit so I decided it was an evap. I felt like af was coming but last night I felt really nauseous and had a weird throbbing feeling in my sinus, so decided to test this morning!

I am in complete shock, very excited but also absolutely terrified, I can't help thinking that the uterine lining and eggy can't be in the best condition since I took 100 days to Ov. Not helped by DH who said he wouldn't get excited until 12 weeks.....I know he's just trying to protect me as we know quite a few couples who have had early mc, but have given him a talking to and told him I would be devastated if I lose this little bean whether I let myself get excited or not.

Still think I'm going to stay in ttc for a little while yet if that's ok? I'm only 3w 4d so it could still turn out to be a chemical and just feel I need to be a bit cautious.

Have been out and stocked up one a few more tests so will be doing them tomorrow am - just hoping and praying they say bfp too.

Snowflake I'm so happy for you!
Feel free to stick around :) We'd love to hear how things are getting along with you! Make a Dr appt if you feel like you need to discuss your concerns with them. :hugs:

Snowflake I'm so happy for you!
Feel free to stick around :) We'd love to hear how things are getting along with you! Make a Dr appt if you feel like you need to discuss your concerns with them. :hugs:

Thanks Reba! :hugs: I think I might make a doctors appointment in the hope they can give me some reassurance.

I'm not really sure what I'm meant to do now - does anyone know in the uk do you need to make a gp appointment to confirm pregnancy?

I've also been taking vitamin b 100 complex since ov and I think this might have helped as last cycle my lp was only 9 days, but do I need to stop taking it now? I'm scared if I do I'll start bleeding.

snowflake, congrats!! Im still hanging out in this thread just because I love all the ladies here :) Great news!!

Thanks missangie! I'm so happy, can't really believe it.:happydance:

Did another FRER and a CB Digi this morning and the line on the FRER is quite a bit darker than yesterday and for Pregnant 1-2 on the CB Digi :wohoo:

Think the testing might become a bit obsessive though, will order some ICs to try not to bankrupt us in the process!

Oh snowflake - :wohoo: I'm sooo happy for you! Enjoy it honey - you are pregnant!!!

As for the GP - some ladies see the GP, others don't. They seem to rely on home tests nowadays so probably won't confirm it for you. However, if you have any concerns I'm sure that they will be more than happy to see you. As for the mw, the arrangements differ all over the country (some are based at GP surgeries, others will ring you and make an appointment so you have to register through your GP). You are best to ring the GP surgery and find out what the arrangements are in your area. It is likely that the mw won't want to see you until at least 8 weeks though...

As for the supplements, I did both - my first pregnancy I stopped immediate and my second I carried on taking b50 complex. I started reducing my intake slowly the second time - taking half a tablet each day. The plan was then to go every other day so as to reduce it further. If I remember right - the b6 is fine in those amounts but one of the other b vits should not be taken in large amounts (can't remember which) in pregnancy. Perhaps you could change to a b6 vitamin? I would do some research though hon - there is lots of discussion on this thread... https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...n-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone-362.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->