Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

My hormone levels are in the "normal" range too. I'm overweight, have excess facial hair, and after surgery the dr said that I had pcos cysts in both my ovaries. Her actually seeing the cysts was the only way she could confirm that I have pcos as everything else came back "normal"

Hi Amelia,

The odds are that at CD85 and no BFP, you aren't pregnant unfortunately. However, it does happen occasionally - it happened to me. I wasn't trying - in fact we were trying not to get pregnant. We had unprotected sex once and I went to get the morning after pill straight away. A few weeks later - no AF, so we did a test, BFN. AF didn't turn up so we did clear blue, first response, everything. Then I started being sick in the mornings - a test in the doctor's was another BFN. I carried on being sick, and started to put on weight, yet again tests came back BFN. The GP was adamant I could not be pregnant, so I was to be referred for an ultrasound to see if I had gallstones. One evening I found a spare clear blue test and thought "what the hell". BFP.

At the GP's the next day he examined me and deduced I was about 12-15 weeks pregnant. So at weeks 8, 10, and 11 I had been in his office, and he had dipped my wee and the tests came back negative. He wouldn't have believed it was possible if he hadn't done the tests himself.

An investigation revealed that the tests were perfectly fine, no faults at all, it was just the levels of HCG I was producing were too low to register on his tests, or there's something about my kidneys that means very little HCG is in my wee. However it is very rare, I'm the only case my GP's practice has encountered I believe.

I really really hope you get some answers one way or another soon lovely x

I love any excuse to tell that story.

An update from me - I'm all over the place. I appear to have O'd so hopefully we've caught it, but I feel really strange. I veer from being so happy we are trying again, to gutted we are back here when I should be 4 months pregnant, to terrified we'll lose another one. It's driving me mad, and my poor hubby is putting up with the most awful moodswings.

Pinkypaws - welcome to the thread, everyone here is really lovely, good luck with your tests.

Mouse - good luck on Monday, I loathe needles but I guess we need to suck it up and face our fears. Enjoy the diazepam! :thumbup:

fluffette - what a story!! Imagine all them tests and BFN's. You must have got some shock. So sorry about your loss. Well still no af for me CD95!! I've gone past the point of being of being frustrated. Now I'm like whatever. I'm getting my blood results next Thurs/Fri so hopefully I'll know more then.

Hi ladies, results came bck and all normal hormone levels so very relieved. Can I just ask- for those of you with pcos or anything else, did this show up in your blood tests? Just wondering if I need to pursue anything more or if this is the all clear? X

I think it depends. In my very limited experience, it can very much depend on what tests they did in your blood testing. My first OB (now ex-OB) did blood testing on me but not nearly as thorough as my endocrinologist did. For instance, she didn't do a glucose tolerance test or a few other things. She did check hormone levels, but not all of them. She told me that everything was normal and there was nothing to indicate why I wasn't having a period.

Like I said, when my endo did blood work, she did a LOT of tests - like 17 vials of blood worth - and it very thoroughly told the story of the PCOS that I have. By specific hormone levels, by the glucose tolerance test, by a couple other things that I'm not remembering without looking at my tests. She coupled that with my personal history - hair on face and chest, late starter with periods, irregular periods, weight issues - and said there was no doubts about it but that I had PCOS.

Do you remember what all your doc tested for?

Hi ladies, results came bck and all normal hormone levels so very relieved. Can I just ask- for those of you with pcos or anything else, did this show up in your blood tests? Just wondering if I need to pursue anything more or if this is the all clear? X

Mine pretty much all came back in the normal range. But I had other symptoms such as oily skin, very infrequent periods and the biggest one...tons of cysts on my ovaries. Usually if you have at least 3 symptoms of PCOS then you do have it to some degree.

Have you had a scan done?

Thanks guys, I don't know what the tests were but I know there was 4 of them - would that cover them all? I don't have any of the symptoms of pcos-surprisingly unhairy (takes an age to grow leg hair long enough to wax) fairly small in size (bmi of 19) and started periods at 13. So, im going to try my very hardest to relax and come feb if af hasn't returned I'll go back to the docs. I just hope she makes an almighty comeback-all I want for Christmas is a box of tampax!! Hugs to all you lush ladies (lush is Geordie for lovely-Geordie is someone from the newcastle in the north east of England in case you didn't know!!) xx

I know you can have PCOS with a low BMI as well. Perhaps you need to gain some weight to get af started? I know my mom had trouble conceiving from what we think was a low BMI. The dr's 28-30 years ago know WAY less than they do now. :hugs:

Okay guys I am FREAKING out. I picked up my trigger shot today and the needle is 1 inch! And we have to do it ourselves at home. Both DH and are needle-phobes. He literally almost passed out when he had 3 viles of blood drawn today. And I don't think I am going to be able to give it to myself. BAHHH

Hi All,
I don't know if this is useful for anyone else but I am very excited to announce AF just arrived on CD66. I took the advice from an earlier thread and took 4-5g of vitamin C (that's a whole lotta tablets btw) from CD 60-64 and here we are!
Apparently the massive amount of Vitamin C starves the uterus of progesterone or something like that. Unfortunately lots of the info I read was on home-abortion sites (not a fun read) but it does point out you have to be 100% sure you are not pregnant before you start the VitC regimen.
Ok, still very excited and just had to post (I'm sure I wont be as thankful tomorrow).

Ugh Trish! That would freak me out too! Hopefully you'll find that it's easier then it looks, but regardless, I'm sending lots of hugs and good thoughts for it to be do-able.

o_O
Is the needle thin at least!?
Good luck!!

It is thin, but not like super thin. I am already psyching myself out :dohh:

Ugh Trish! That would freak me out too! Hopefully you'll find that it's easier then it looks, but regardless, I'm sending lots of hugs and good thoughts for it to be do-able.

Eep thanks! I am just hoping Hubs can do it without freaking out.

You can do it Trish! Focus on what you are doing it for and you will do it! So glad to hear that you are responding after all!

You can do it Trish! Focus on what you are doing it for and you will do it! So glad to hear that you are responding after all!

Totally agree! Just remember what the purpose is behind it. Probably easier said then done in this case, but I've found that I've used that same logic with myself for other things and it does help - like cutting out sugar, going on an exercise routine, taking a tons of pills, etc.

Oh Trish, I would be the same. Good luck, just keep focussing on the reason you are doing in. You have so many positive vibes heading your way xxx

I know you can have PCOS with a low BMI as well. Perhaps you need to gain some weight to get af started? I know my mom had trouble conceiving from what we think was a low BMI. The dr's 28-30 years ago know WAY less than they do now. :hugs:

Thats exactly what I was thinking so went for an all you can eat indian last night (and literally ate all I could) and have eaten an extra 250 cals (im guessing) today than I normally do. I also didnt go for a run which I was planning on doing it. I mean business!! Still feeling really light headed with all this though, I can't believe how much its stressing me out!

Trish - you will so get used to the needles, just be strong and keep your mind on the outcome. You've already been so strong.

:hugs: to everyone!

Trish let us know how you get on. Remember to breathe when doing the needle. I find it helps when I do that when I have to get blood taken :hugs:

I am so pissed off.

14 dpo, boobs big and achey, been feeling sick in the mornings for the last couple of days, and keep getting lightheaded and woozey.

BFN.

I'm sick of it, I really am. Just so bloody fed up.

Maybe you'll get a BFP on 16DPO? If AF doesn't come head in to the dr and lay it all out for them. :hugs: sorry to hear your body is being a bum :(

Thanks for all the support guys! You are all so wonderful :hugs:

Well as it turns out I didn't do the trigger shot. When I went in for my scan on CD 16 (3 days ago) my follicles were perfect. I have 4 possible ones that are all at mature size, but my lining was really thin (side effect of the clomid) There was talk of canceling again which sent me into a bout of tears. So my doctor decided to draw my blood to see where my estrogen levels were at and we would go from there.

As it turns out my estrogen levels were excellent, meaning I will most likely ovulate on my own without a trigger shot. We decided since my lining is thin we would not do an IUI this month to save ourselves the expense and just try naturally.

I'm on CD 19 now and I still do not think I have ovulated :growlmad: My lower belly feels really bloated so I am thinking that all follicles are still there and are now really big, which makes me nervous that by the time they DO release that they will be over mature.

But I guess if that happens, it happens. There is not much else I can do this cycle anyways. I think my doctor realized how frustrated we are and said that he was going to talk to his medicine rep and see if he can get us free medication next cycle (injectables, better get used to the needles now). So now we just wait and do a lot of BDing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->