Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Ladies I need your advice. Maybe I am being too impatient but what do you's think. As you know I was in the dr got bloods done and the doc thinks I've pcos and am on a waiting list to get a scan. Hubbie is also getting his spermie analysed but I would be surprised if there anything wrong with him.

I havent has a period since the 9th of Aug - over 100 days I gave up counting. My question is, the doc said when I was in getting the blood results last week that I obviously am not ov and that she could give me something to make me ov BUT she then turned around and said that I should wait to get scan done and to get hubbie checked. Ladies I can see the sense in that but if I've pcos and I've soooooo many symptoms the chances of me ov on my own is slim.

Do you think I should wait to get scan or go in and tell her I want meds to start ov?? Doc said waiting list for scan is long.Its 4 months since we started ttc and I'm 29 hubby 27. The doc said were young but if we want 3-4 kids and if I'm going to have problems ttc

Sorry for the rant but I would REALLY appreciate your thoughts.

There is no harm in going back and speaking with the dr. If it is going to take that long then I would. They can give you provera to bring on your period. I'm not sure whether they would give you PCOS medication until it was confirmed that you had it though - they usually prescribe metformin and/or clomid to bring on ovulation in ladies that have PCOS. If I were you I would do a bit of research on all of these medications online and then go and see your dr. If you are more informed then it is harder for them to send you away.

I would think that they would give you provera to reset you if you pushed for it. However, I think to have the other drugs they would want to be sure about your diagnosis. The way I see it though is that you have nothing to lose so go and see your GP again :hugs:

I also just wanted to pop in here to hopefully give some hope to some of you ladies. For those of you who don't know my background, I came off the pill a year ago and had very irregular cycles (one was almost three months long). I was investigated for PCOS and it looked like I had this and a cyst at one point. I'm still not sure whether I did/have these issues as I fell pregnant before I could get confirmation. I then had two mcs back to back (August and October). Basically, the last year has been a nightmare - irregular cycles, possible PCOS, possible cysts, missed miscarriage and a natural miscarriage... I also have concerns about a short LP... :(

Anyway, I am in my first proper cycle after my last mc and have just got a positive opk on cd14!!! :happydance: I am over the moon and so relieved, I can't tell you how relieved I am. I just wanted to let people know that it can be a long road

I just wanted to pop in and let people know that there is hope - I have had moments of deep despair over the past year but it seems that for some people it can just take a bit longer for those awful pill hormones to leave our systems. Keep positive ladies - you will get there x

I also just wanted to pop in here to hopefully give some hope to some of you ladies. For those of you who don't know my background, I came off the pill a year ago and had very irregular cycles (one was almost three months long). I was investigated for PCOS and it looked like I had this and a cyst at one point. I'm still not sure whether I did/have these issues as I fell pregnant before I could get confirmation. I then had two mcs back to back (August and October). Basically, the last year has been a nightmare - irregular cycles, possible PCOS, possible cysts, missed miscarriage and a natural miscarriage... I also have concerns about a short LP... :(

Anyway, I am in my first proper cycle after my last mc and have just got a positive opk on cd14!!! :happydance: I am over the moon and so relieved, I can't tell you how relieved I am. I just wanted to let people know that it can be a long road

I just wanted to pop in and let people know that there is hope - I have had moments of deep despair over the past year but it seems that for some people it can just take a bit longer for those awful pill hormones to leave our systems. Keep positive ladies - you will get there x

Oh Struth that's fantastic news! I am so so so happy for you!

I really hope that this is your cycle, you deserve it. You and I have both had a horrible few months but it looks like our bodies are behaving at long last, there is light at the end of a tunnel. Fingers crossed for all of you xxx

Ladies I need your advice. Maybe I am being too impatient but what do you's think. As you know I was in the dr got bloods done and the doc thinks I've pcos and am on a waiting list to get a scan. Hubbie is also getting his spermie analysed but I would be surprised if there anything wrong with him.

I havent has a period since the 9th of Aug - over 100 days I gave up counting. My question is, the doc said when I was in getting the blood results last week that I obviously am not ov and that she could give me something to make me ov BUT she then turned around and said that I should wait to get scan done and to get hubbie checked. Ladies I can see the sense in that but if I've pcos and I've soooooo many symptoms the chances of me ov on my own is slim.

Do you think I should wait to get scan or go in and tell her I want meds to start ov?? Doc said waiting list for scan is long.Its 4 months since we started ttc and I'm 29 hubby 27. The doc said were young but if we want 3-4 kids and if I'm going to have problems ttc

I can totally get your frustration and impatience regarding your period and I do think that they should give you something to keep your period coming at least every 6 weeks, so maybe you should go back and talk to your doc about that. However, for Clomid I know that my OB wanted me to have a pelvic U/S to check on the thickness of my lining because Clomid is known to thin the lining. While some docs seem to issue it without the checking, I appreciate that my OB wanted to make sure it wasn't going to thin my lining too much before I started ya know?

Struth- That's so awesome to hear! I just had my first ovulation in a year and a 1/2 myself! It's so great to see your body actually start working again isn't it?

Oh Struth that's fantastic news! I am so so so happy for you!

I really hope that this is your cycle, you deserve it. You and I have both had a horrible few months but it looks like our bodies are behaving at long last, there is light at the end of a tunnel. Fingers crossed for all of you xxx

Thanks hon - and so glad to hear that you have had a decent cycle length too. It also sounds like OH is being a star and looking after you well and that the dr appointment went well. Things are looking up for us both by the sounds of it hon. I really hope that you get your sticky bean soon honey - you certainly deserve it :hugs:

Struth- That's so awesome to hear! I just had my first ovulation in a year and a 1/2 myself! It's so great to see your body actually start working again isn't it?

:wohoo: for ovulation!!! That is great news!!! Woo hoo! you must be over the moon x

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yay!!!! Awesome news! Here's to lots of 2012 babies :thumbup:

Well first thing she needs to do is give you something to induce a new cycle. My doctor also made me do a scan and have my husband tested before giving us clomid. The reasoning behind that is because you can usually only do so many cycles on clomid and they want to make sure there is no other factor causing the infertility. Like if your husband had a really low sperm count but you didn't find out till you had done 4 rounds of clomid, you might not be able to do anymore.

But it never hurts to talk to her and share your concerns. At the end of the day this is your life and your fertility. You need to make decisions based on what is right for you. Good luck! :hugs:

Stellar news! So hoping that you can get a sticky bean now that your cycles are getting better!

Trishg21 thanks for replying. Your right about it being my fertility but I think I will wait til hubbie gets his spermie analysed. He booked in for 19th December, am thinking also of waiting to see doctor again in January if af does not come. At least that way doc will HAVE to give me something to induce af as it will be 6 months without af then!! Am afraid if I go in now she will only say that it my body adjusting to wait at least in Jan she will have to do something.

In the meantime I'm beginning to enjoy ttc and stop stressing over it.

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I got my BFP this morning. Thank you all so much for welcoming me into your post-BC group. I am hoping very hard for all of you to get your BFPs very soon.

Trishg21 thanks for replying. Your right about it being my fertility but I think I will wait til hubbie gets his spermie analysed. He booked in for 19th December, am thinking also of waiting to see doctor again in January if af does not come. At least that way doc will HAVE to give me something to induce af as it will be 6 months without af then!! Am afraid if I go in now she will only say that it my body adjusting to wait at least in Jan she will have to do something.

In the meantime I'm beginning to enjoy ttc and stop stressing over it.

Good luck! I think that's a wise course of action. :)

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I got my BFP this morning. Thank you all so much for welcoming me into your post-BC group. I am hoping very hard for all of you to get your BFPs very soon.

Awww! Congrats!!

Hi everyone,

I had my scan to investigate PCOS this afternoon and was told it was very clear I had polycystic ovaries.. I was expecting to hear this, so not feeling too upset (but still quite upset and really scared of what's to come..). I am seeing my GP in two weeks, so will hear what he thinks we need to do next. (No period since July 2011 / I've already had blood tests). DH is seeing GP tomorrow to get referred for sperm tests.

I'm planning to do some research on PCOS friendly diet as I want to do everything to maximise our changes of conceiving (I'm normal weight). Any recommendations?

How did everyone cope with finding out about PCOS? Did you tell anyone? I don't feel like telling anyone else apart from my DH. I'm already getting nervous about all the appointments to come and making up excuses at work. I don't feel able to tell anyone at work as I would get very emotional about it..

@ Pinky - :hug: I'm sorry that it was confirmed, but I do have to say that I see a silver lining in it for me. First of all it's a problem that is correctable, rather then having unexplained unfertility. 2nd of all there are some big ramifications that pcos can point to for later in life - like diabetes - and now I'm one step ahead of the game and actively working to make sure that I DON'T complete the journey down that road! Those are both huge for me.

I know that it's a daunting journey, but it's made me feel empowered because I have something that I can DO to actively help my fertility. I've completely changed my diet and cut out most of the processed sugars and carbs that I'd been eating. Meaning no candy or chips, white bread, staying away from potatoes and white rice, and sticking to things like whole grain bread, fruits, veggies, lean meat. Between this and the metformin I've managed to lose 48 pounds and do so while still enjoying the food I am eating and not feeling like I'm starving myself.

Good luck!!! :)

Ladies that are worried about pcos and getting pregnant, I think I just got another reason to be thankful this year! I got a positive pregnancy test! I'll go in for testing within the hour to verify, but here's the test pic if you like:

https://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/97846/P1010839.JPG

Congrats!

Hi everyone,

I had my scan to investigate PCOS this afternoon and was told it was very clear I had polycystic ovaries.. I was expecting to hear this, so not feeling too upset (but still quite upset and really scared of what's to come..). I am seeing my GP in two weeks, so will hear what he thinks we need to do next. (No period since July 2011 / I've already had blood tests). DH is seeing GP tomorrow to get referred for sperm tests.

I'm planning to do some research on PCOS friendly diet as I want to do everything to maximise our changes of conceiving (I'm normal weight). Any recommendations?

How did everyone cope with finding out about PCOS? Did you tell anyone? I don't feel like telling anyone else apart from my DH. I'm already getting nervous about all the appointments to come and making up excuses at work. I don't feel able to tell anyone at work as I would get very emotional about it..

Sorry that you got bad news hon. :hugs2: It is hard to hear but really it could be a good thing, if they know exactly what is wrong there is a good possibility that they can fix it. Clomid will most likely be your next step and for a lot of people it works. Don't give up hope! If you ever need to talk feel free to message me!

Ladies that are worried about pcos and getting pregnant, I think I just got another reason to be thankful this year! I got a positive pregnancy test! I'll go in for testing within the hour to verify, but here's the test pic if you like:

Double congrats! Hope the blood test come back positive as well!

Mahoosive congrats to Dodger and LikeAustralia. So delighted for you both. Lots of sticky dust heading your way.

Pinky, I'm sorry you got bad news - even if it was expected it will still take some getting used to. Like the other ladies have already said at least you are now in a position to move forward and tackle the issue. My friend who had PCOS follows a low GI diet, I'm not too sure about the science behind it so you'd have to look that up, but it's certainly helped her lose weight and she has a lot more energy now. Take care, and be kind to yourself :hugs:

Great news honey - you look after yourself and have a happy and healthy 9 months x

Hi everyone,

Oh dear - so sorry to hear this. When it was discussed with me I bought a book from amazon called PCOS for dummys (or something like that). It is quite simplistic and is more general (and therefore less focused on TTC bu on coping with PCOS itself) but it has some great diet tips in there and lots of recipes too. It explains everything simply and was really helpful for me to help get my head around PCOS and what it meant. I'm not sure if you are a book person but it helped me.

As for telling people, I think that is a decision that is best made between you and your OH. I was going to tell my sister but then life got in the way (I got pregnant and had a mc) and so I never did but if you feel it would help then do. I truly believe that only the person going through these events knows what is right for them.

And I know you are probably feeling quite low right now but just look at the great news on this thread recently! If they can do it - you can x

https://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/97846/P1010839.JPG

Huge congrats to you too hon! I hope the blood test comes back positive and that you have a happy and healthy 9 months x

massive congrats dodger, you so deserve that after all this time. that really made me smile.

Sorry i havent written in a while, ive been trying to push things to the back of my mind. However, I've also been temping and for the first time since coming off bcp in july i got obvious ewcm last sat and sun, so am hoping i ovulated. i dont actually think i did though, even though my chart says i did. the reason i dont think i did is because the dpo days are adjusted temps as i took them too early, and today my temp (again taken early) fell below the coverline. i guess its just wait and see but i really dont think i did. at least the ewcm appeared, perhaps things are finally switching back on now that ive increased my calorie intake. so theres my update!

massive congrats dodger, you so deserve that after all this time. that really made me smile.

Sorry i havent written in a while, ive been trying to push things to the back of my mind. However, I've also been temping and for the first time since coming off bcp in july i got obvious ewcm last sat and sun, so am hoping i ovulated. i dont actually think i did though, even though my chart says i did. the reason i dont think i did is because the dpo days are adjusted temps as i took them too early, and today my temp (again taken early) fell below the coverline. i guess its just wait and see but i really dont think i did. at least the ewcm appeared, perhaps things are finally switching back on now that ive increased my calorie intake. so theres my update!

Thank you!! It was just confirmed a few hours ago by my doctors office. :) I caught it very very early, and needed a quantitative blood test to show it, but I AM pregnant! :)

I do hope this is a sign of great things to come for you. I'd love to see you follow in my footsteps! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->