Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Fluffette - I'm a nightmare too. I always test too early and then spend far too long standing at the window with my IC trying to work out whether it is a line or the strip! Do you have an update for us today? I hope you have some good news for us :hugs:

Dodger - did you get your hcg results? I'm hoping for good news :hugs:

No real update, there definitely is a line there, and it looks pink so we think it's a faint positive rather than an evap line, but we could be clutching at straws. I had some spotting last night, but it's not turned into a period, and I've not had any PMS symptoms like the cramps I would normally be getting around now if I was due my period....

Not testing again until Christmas Eve.

No real update, there definitely is a line there, and it looks pink so we think it's a faint positive rather than an evap line, but we could be clutching at straws. I had some spotting last night, but it's not turned into a period, and I've not had any PMS symptoms like the cramps I would normally be getting around now if I was due my period....

Has DH had a look at it as well? If you both think there's pink line then I would reckon you're right. Hope the spotting stops and you get a lovely strong second line on Christmas Eve, that would just be the most amazing Christmas pressie ever! :hugs:

Oh Fluffette - I hope this is it for you. I have everything crossed for you.

Yup, DH looked at it when he came in from work, and he agrees there's a line there, but it had been about 2 hours from when I did it to him looking at it.

I really really hope it's a faint positive. I've put the test in the bin to stop me squinting at it!

You are stronger than me - I still have all mine sellotaped to a piece of paper!! Looking back , there was a faint line at 9dpo but I couldn't tell for sure until I got one of those early predictor tests at 10dpo...

I so hope that you see a lovely pink line on Christmas Eve - it would be a wonderful end to your year x

I really really really hope so too! I will of course be straight on here to tell you all as soon as I know!

AAAAAAAAAARG! I couldn't wait til Sunday and now I'm doing an "is there or isn't there" over a possible faint line that may or may not be there.

Why do we do it to ourselves?

Because we wanna know! lol I can't tell you how many times I've gotten myself into awkward positions to try and get the best light possible just in case I might see a line.

Dodger - did you get your hcg results? I'm hoping for good news :hugs:

I did! They went up from 72 to 111 and I did another blood test yesterday (should get the results any time now, just waiting for the call) and I am scheduled for an u/s tomorrow morning! I'm so excited about that! :)

That sounds an awful lot like what I got on my first bfp! The spotting could so easily be implantation bleeding/spotting too. I can't believe how strong you are being to not test! When I got my first "OMG I see a line but it's barely there is it real?" test, I tested again that afternoon! lol I'm so wishing for this to be a bfp for you!!!!

Temperature has dropped to below the coverline, but I've been feeling distinctly sicky all day so not sure what to think....

It could be because you are sicky feeling. Could be just a random temp. I think the important thing is whether it stays below or not. Fingers crossed for you!

My test results from Monday's blood test came back and I'm now up to 198! I seem to be doubling at a rate of every 96 hours. I'm so excited (and I'll admit a little nervous) about today's ultrasound! I'm so hoping that we'll get something to show conclusively that there is a living growing baby in me, but I also know that odds are pretty good with my low numbers that we'll only see a gestational sac for the moment. Oh well. Whatever we see, it will be so nice to have my first scan done! :)

That all sounds really positive Dodger! Hoping for good news from your US. I hope you don't have too long before your scan? I would be wearing a hole in the carpet from pacing!

Dodger - that does sound positive. I hope that your scan goes well. Keep us posted hon x

Fluffette - I tried to look at your chart but your link doesn't work for some reason? If you had spotting and a temp dip below the cover line, it could be implantation but that wouldn't explain your tests as you can't have a positive test until after implantation :shrug: Check out my chart - I had a temp dive on 9dpo below the cover line and then a bfp the following day....! I have my FX for you x

My temp dipped the same day I did the test - it just took me ages to get round to checking the thermometer and putting the data into FF. Just had a look at your chart and it looks the same kind of patter that I've got at the moment. We'll just have to wait and see. It ain't over until AF turns up eh? lol

Dodger - hope you are seeing your little beanie's heart beating strongly right now xx

Hmmm.... I now see my chart when I click on your ticker!! Would love to see your chart. I'm hoping for a lovely temp rise again tomorrow for you hon x

Try it now?

Lol and when I said "same kind of pattern" I did mean vaguely the same.

I see it! And I see what you mean about similar. We both have the double dip!

I hope that you get a temp rise tomorrow honey x

I don't really have much to report. The u/s was uncomfortable bordering on unpleasant and I have no official word from either the tech or my OB. I have the unofficial word from the doctor's assistant that nothing was found.

Honestly? That doesn't tell me that it's bad, that just tells me that nothing showed up. Maybe I'm thinking this wrong, but I don't think I've read anything about blighted ovum's without even a sac being seen on u/s. I guess one thing it COULD mean is a chemical pregnancy? I don't know. It will *likely* be a couple of weeks before I get the official word on it due to the holidays.

Regardless of anything, I don't think this was conclusive. I think it warrants further monitoring and probably at some point another u/s. Anton and I had decided going into this that even if we got actual 'proof' that it is a blighted ovum, that we'd want at least several more weeks of monitoring and another u/s or 2 before we'd be convinced that it truly wasn't viable.

Today's test honestly made me feel like I'm more in limbo then ever before. Maybe I'm in denial? What do you ladies think?

Oh Dodger I am so sorry you've not had anything conclusive, it must be awful. I don't really have any words of wisdom, though as far as I know a blighted ovum needs a sac doesn't it? :hugs::hugs:

I will keep you in prayer.

Temp is again above coverline, so who knows what's going on.

We have made an executive decision not to test again until Tuesday. I don't want Christmas spoiled by a BFN and Boxing Day is spent at my parents' house and is stressful enough as it is! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->