Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Still plugging along here... now on the list for surgery and NTNP in the mean time as getting pregnant would mean no surgery and a lovely cyst the whole pregnancy. Working at weight loss in the mean time!

Hey guys- just thought I'd give your a quick update on what is going on.

I spend all day yesterday in the ER with a ruptured cyst on my right ovary. They measured it and it was 12 cm or roughly the size of a new born's head. They gave me some narcotics to help ease my pain (I do not recommend having this happen to you, I have never been in so much pain in my life.) but it is making me so sick that I am throwing up every couple of hours.

Hubby just got home from the store and I think we are going to try OTC drugs instead and see if that helps ease the sickness while still controlling the pain.

Yesterday was also our official 1 year mark of TTC. So basically the past 24 hours have been a very special hell for me.

Sorry to be a downer, but I am drugged up and need to write everything down.

oh god Trish - they were worried about my cysts rupturing before I had my surgery 2.5 years ago. In total my left ovary had 3 cysts squished together measuring 12cm total. Cyst pain like I had prior to surgery was the worst pain of my life. I really feel for you :hugs: Do they know why the cyst got so big? Was it due to the clomid? Is your ovary ok?

big :hugs: your way

Hey guys- just thought I'd give your a quick update on what is going on.

I spend all day yesterday in the ER with a ruptured cyst on my right ovary. They measured it and it was 12 cm or roughly the size of a new born's head. They gave me some narcotics to help ease my pain (I do not recommend having this happen to you, I have never been in so much pain in my life.) but it is making me so sick that I am throwing up every couple of hours.

Hubby just got home from the store and I think we are going to try OTC drugs instead and see if that helps ease the sickness while still controlling the pain.

Yesterday was also our official 1 year mark of TTC. So basically the past 24 hours have been a very special hell for me.

Sorry to be a downer, but I am drugged up and need to write everything down.

Oh my! I'm so so sorry to hear you had to go through that. I am adding you to my prayers that the OTC drugs help. *hugs*

Oh Trishg21 - I'm so sorry to read this. I had what I think was a ruptured cyst some years ago. They never diagnosed it but I think it must have been - it was soooo painful. I can't tell you. I really feel for you - I hope that the pain goes soon and that you have a quick recovery. :hugs:

We are also hitting the 12 months next week mark - I've been really philosophical over the last few days and have been getting quite upset about it (mind you - I am also on 8dpo so I don't think the PMS is helping!). If you are anything like me I never thought I'd reach this milestone - I thought at the very least I'd have a lovely bump by now.

Roll on 2012 - we'll get those bfps :hug:

Sorry ladies I've been trying to distract myself these past few days so haven't been on here for a while.

Trishg21 - I hope your feeling better soon. God your going through a rough time of it.

As you know we've been ttc since aug and ive had no af. Blood tests suspect pcos. Hubbie getting spermie analysed 19th Dec, I found out today my hospital appointment for gyna is 7th Feb!! Also it doesn't mention scans or anything just bring urine sample. I wonder what they're going to do???

My question is do I just sit and wait til then or ask doc to give me something to bring on my af?? Feels like am wasting time doing nothing, if I wait til Feb that'll be 7 months without af ( am not hopeful it turning up).

Sorry ladies I've been trying to distract myself these past few days so haven't been on here for a while.

Trishg21 - I hope your feeling better soon. God your going through a rough time of it.

As you know we've been ttc since aug and ive had no af. Blood tests suspect pcos. Hubbie getting spermie analysed 19th Dec, I found out today my hospital appointment for gyna is 7th Feb!! Also it doesn't mention scans or anything just bring urine sample. I wonder what they're going to do???

My question is do I just sit and wait til then or ask doc to give me something to bring on my af?? Feels like am wasting time doing nothing, if I wait til Feb that'll be 7 months without af ( am not hopeful it turning up).

I think it would be worth at least going and having a chat with the dr. If you explain how you are feeling and how fed up you are with it all they might give you tablets to bring on AF. :shrug:

Morning ladies - a quick update from me... I got my :bfp: :wohoo: I got it a few days ago at 10dpo but having now made it to 14dpo I'm feeling brave enough to come on here and let you know. I'm taking it easy as this is my third pregnancy in four cycles and I don't want to get too attached in case something goes wrong with this one too. Having said that I'm feeling good about this one and excited as to what the next few weeks/months will bring.

Trishg21 - thinking of you. Any update? I hope you are okay and no longer in pain. :hugs:

Amelia, I feel exactly the same, I haven't had my AF since early July and don't feel hopeful that it will arrive without some medication. My DH has a hospital appt on 29.12 to check his sperm. I assume that once he's had that done, my GP will give me something. I'm seeing the GP next week to discuss the scan that indicated PCOS. Feeling relatively calm at the moment and trying not to think about TTCing too much. A few weeks ago that was all I thought about and it made me really upset. I think it probably comes and goes, and at the mo am making the most of Christmas preparations and parties.

Congrats Struth!!! Hope it all goes well.

Also, just to say that I find this forum/thread really valuable. Although I don't contribute that much, it really really really helps knowing I'm not alone (as I've not been able to talk about these things to anyone else except DH). :hugs:

Morning ladies - a quick update from me... I got my :bfp: :wohoo: I got it a few days ago at 10dpo but having now made it to 14dpo I'm feeling brave enough to come on here and let you know. I'm taking it easy as this is my third pregnancy in four cycles and I don't want to get too attached in case something goes wrong with this one too. Having said that I'm feeling good about this one and excited as to what the next few weeks/months will bring.

Trishg21 - thinking of you. Any update? I hope you are okay and no longer in pain. :hugs:

Struth I am so happy for you! Really hoping this is it! :happydance:

I'm doing okay I guess. The pain is gone and I can finally move around normally, but I am still bloated from the fluid that has leaked from the cyst. I had a follow up appointment yesterday and the did an ultrasound and found that I actually have 2 more large cysts that haven't ruptured. They are not nearly as big as the one that ruptured was so they don't think that they will be a problem, but we have to be very cautious. I.E. We can't even try naturally. It will probably be 2-3 months until we are able to do a new round with medication. I found this out yesterday and I was pretty heartbroken. In the meantime we are meeting with an adoption agent in a few weeks. I don't know if we will actually try adopting right now, but we just want to know what all our options are. I really want to be pregnant though, my body just hates me.

Aww hon - I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better but I can imagine that the thought of taking a break from TTC when you really want to keep going is difficult. Whilst it probably is the right decision for you physically, emotionally I can imagine it is difficult. I had the option of stopping for 4 months while I underwent recurrent mc testing and just could bring myself to (if anything goes wrong with this one, I will but I thought it would have been premature previously).

I really wish I could change things for you honey :hugs:

Aww Trish :hugs: Are they saying you'll have to have surgery??
I'm sorry it means TTC has to be put on hold. We've had to do that until I've had surgery too. Frustrating isn't it? I have weight loss to focus on for the next 6 months. Do you have a hobby or something to focus on instead? I know that has helped me. Changing from all my focus on TTC to all my focus on losing weight. Rather than being bored and frustrated because I have nothing to focus on. :hugs:

I haven't had the chance to catch up yet, but I'm finding myself back here. :cry: I'm hoping that the bleeding will stop tomorrow or the next day and we can start trying all over again.

Oh dodger - I'm so sorry to hear your news. So sad. No-one should have to go through it. I'm thinking of you honey :hugs:

Oh dodger - I'm so sorry to hear your news. So sad. No-one should have to go through it. I'm thinking of you honey :hugs:

Thank you. Getting through this is a work in progress.... I'm hoping that my lessons with bikes and horses early in life will work here too - when you fall off, get right back on and keep trying.

Thank you. Getting through this is a work in progress.... I'm hoping that my lessons with bikes and horses early in life will work here too - when you fall off, get right back on and keep trying.

I think that is the only way to do it honey. Each person is different but when you feel up to it then go for it. Take time to let yourself feel sad though - I tried to just get on with things to a certain degree until I realised that it was okay to be angry, sad, annoyed - whatever emotion you are feeling is allowed.

Feel free to pm me at any time :hugs:

I think that is the only way to do it honey. Each person is different but when you feel up to it then go for it. Take time to let yourself feel sad though - I tried to just get on with things to a certain degree until I realised that it was okay to be angry, sad, annoyed - whatever emotion you are feeling is allowed.

*hugs* Thanks. I am ready to try again though I will admit that I have these moments where I think to myself, how can I try again so soon after? I have those moments where grief just catches me, and others where I purposefully remember and grieve. And yes, I am angry. Mostly because it's just not fair to be given something that you can't fight for! I would have given anything to be able to fight something, DO something, instead of just watching and feeling the baby's life slipping away from me with nothing to be done. That's the thing that's the hardest and yes I'm angry about that.

I'm trying each day to find something to smile about, something to be happy about. And I'm getting there... slowly but I'm making progress.

*hugs* Thanks. I am ready to try again though I will admit that I have these moments where I think to myself, how can I try again so soon after? I have those moments where grief just catches me, and others where I purposefully remember and grieve. And yes, I am angry. Mostly because it's just not fair to be given something that you can't fight for! I would have given anything to be able to fight something, DO something, instead of just watching and feeling the baby's life slipping away from me with nothing to be done. That's the thing that's the hardest and yes I'm angry about that.

I'm trying each day to find something to smile about, something to be happy about. And I'm getting there... slowly but I'm making progress.

:hugs: You will get there honey - it is so recent that you are bound to be up and down. My goodness, it has been four months since my mmc and I still have my tearful moments. It did help me to get on with TTC though - gave me something to focus on but having said that I was a mess when I fell pregnant straight away again. I was so worried about everything (but I suppose that might have been my sixth sense kicking in as something was obviously not right). I truly believe that at moments such as this we just have to do what feels right for us.

I'm thinking of you honey :hugs:

Thanks hun. :) Every day is a new day and full of new possibilities. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->