Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Yes keep us updated on how it goes tomorrow!

I had random spotting that led to nothing this summer. It's so frustrating isn't it? I ended up getting Provera (progesterone) to help induce periods every two months. That's the only reason why I had periods at all until last month. :grr: I feel your pain.

Amelia - I have everything crossed that today goes well. I think they'd make you wait a year if you hadn't conceived but were having regular periods. Because your cycles are sooooo long I think they will have to sit up and listen.

That timing just sucks, but it's still good news.

Heidi - happy New Cycle!! I hope it's much, much shorter than your last one.

Struth - how you keeping hun?

x

Hello everyone!!!! Remember me? The neurotic mouse that asks the silly questions!!

Well I decided to try and take a break from everything as it was literally consuming my thoughts and my hubby banished me from reading things. Did me the world of good to be honest as I'm much more relaxed now. So, since I was last here Ive had quite a few blood tests and a scan - all came back fine, ovaries were fine etc, but still no af and currently on CD 188 (think Im just ahead of you Ameila). I went to the fertility clinic last week and the doc has said given all the results and my history of being slightly underweight (although Im not now) she still thinks af may return to normal naturally, so doesnt want to push me down the fertility route just yet. So, I did to maintain my current weight (or put on a teeny bit) for a couple more months. I have an appointment in April to reassess and if theres no af by then I think it'll be clomid for me.

Looks like you guys have been through quite a lot since I was last here and I have been keeping an eye on everyone. Its lovely to see everyone still keeps in touch and supports each other, and I sincerely hope 2012 is the year for all of us.

:hi: Mouse!

DH and I are thinking that we'll try the natural route since I've actually had two cycles now. We'll see what happens :)

I agree I hope 2012 is the year of the baby for us all!

Hiya this is my second cycle of the pill and I'm currently on cd 143, which not only sucks but is also stressing me out big time. I had a scan yesterday to look for cysts on the ovaries, and I alo have my fifth and final progesterone check, all of which have been level 2, with no ovulation so far.
My doctor has told me that she wants to see me in March for northiserone and possibly Clomid, but my.oh has to go for a sa first.
I've read a fee of the posts here and the three ladies who have had similarly long cycles, I was wondering if there was anything that you have triee which helped bring af, and also do any of you have pcos???? I just feel so annoyed with the whole ttc process, but I'm on a but of a break at the mo, so hopefully i can get my cycles sorted by the time we are ready to try again

I'm just on a flying visit, and no doubt someone will come along with a more thorough answer later - but off the top of my head Vit. C, Angus Castus and Soy Isoflavones are supplements worth exploring.

The big thing for me that kick started ovulation was losing weight - although that only works if you're overweight to start with! lol

Good luck xx

Hi thanks everyone for posting, the people here are so supportive. This is the update........ Had gynae appointment on Monday the dr was very nice and genuinely concerned with the fact that I have no af in 6 months so he said the following will happen. he's given me tablets to take for 8 days to bring on my af then when I get my af (fingers crossed) I've to go to drs to get bloods done on 3rd, 21st and 24th days of my cycles!! I also have to get a glucose test done and he's ordered a pelvic ultrasound. Has any of you ladies got that done, is it awful sore?? The gynae reckons it be at least 2 months before am back with him but at least the ball is rolling. He does think I've pco but wants scan to be sure. If I have it I have it, plenty of women get preggers!! So bring it on.

Hubbie and I going away for a few days next week so Ill leave the tablets til when I get home.

Hello everyone!!!! Remember me? The neurotic mouse that asks the silly questions!!

Well I decided to try and take a break from everything as it was literally consuming my thoughts and my hubby banished me from reading things. Did me the world of good to be honest as I'm much more relaxed now. So, since I was last here Ive had quite a few blood tests and a scan - all came back fine, ovaries were fine etc, but still no af and currently on CD 188 (think Im just ahead of you Ameila). I went to the fertility clinic last week and the doc has said given all the results and my history of being slightly underweight (although Im not now) she still thinks af may return to normal naturally, so doesnt want to push me down the fertility route just yet. So, I did to maintain my current weight (or put on a teeny bit) for a couple more months. I have an appointment in April to reassess and if theres no af by then I think it'll be clomid for me.

Looks like you guys have been through quite a lot since I was last here and I have been keeping an eye on everyone. Its lovely to see everyone still keeps in touch and supports each other, and I sincerely hope 2012 is the year for all of us.

Hi mouse12 I can't believe someone else has mental cycles too. Our cycles are pretty much the same!! Am CD 185 today!! It's so frustrating and can be so stressful.

Hi mouse12 I can't believe someone else has mental cycles too. Our cycles are pretty much the same!! Am CD 185 today!! It's so frustrating and can be so stressful.
Well I haven't had a period since coming off the pill, only my withdrawal bleed which started 28 July. Have u had one since coming off birth control? I had a tranvaginal scan (no idea if that's the same as what you'll be having) and tbhbit was fine-not pleasant but not painful or anything. What tablets has the doc put you on?

Hi Amelia - I bet it feels so good to be "in the system" and feel like something is being done to help you.

I imagine your scan will be both external and internal, external is fine although is normally done with a full bladder to shift things around to get a good look at your uterus. That can be a bit uncomfortable. I have to get internal scans done instead of external ones in early pregnancy as I have a tilted uterus so external scans can't see anything. It's not exactly pleasant it's slightly less uncomfortable than a smear - but it doesn't hurt or anything.

All the best x

I actually prefer the internal scans over the external ones because I don't have to have the full bladder which can actually be painful for me!

The only thing that I found that helped me ovulated and have a natural cycle was losing weight. I was even on Clomid and it didn't work. Like Fluffette said though it only works if you are overweight. I've lost 15lbs so far and have had my first cycle in 8 months in Jan followed by one in Feb. It works!

Hiya this is my second cycle of the pill and I'm currently on cd 143, which not only sucks but is also stressing me out big time. I had a scan yesterday to look for cysts on the ovaries, and I alo have my fifth and final progesterone check, all of which have been level 2, with no ovulation so far.
My doctor has told me that she wants to see me in March for northiserone and possibly Clomid, but my.oh has to go for a sa first.
I've read a fee of the posts here and the three ladies who have had similarly long cycles, I was wondering if there was anything that you have triee which helped bring af, and also do any of you have pcos???? I just feel so annoyed with the whole ttc process, but I'm on a but of a break at the mo, so hopefully i can get my cycles sorted by the time we are ready to try again

Hi sweetie, welcome to the thread!

I have PCOS as well. When I first came off BC I went 107 days without a cycle. Chances are that at this amount of time you are not going to ovulate. The egg would just be too old. You doctor should be putting you on Provera to start a new cycle. I have never found any vitamins that will bring AF on. You really need to be put on Provera.

Clomid can be very helpful. You do definitely want to make sure that your DH has a SA first so that if *knock on wood* there is something wrong on his end that you sort that out first. You can only be on clomid for a limited amount of cycles (usually 6) because it can have a negative effect if taken for too long.

I am also going to stress that if you do go on clomid, make sure you are monitored correctly. I say this not to scare you but because I really believe it is important. I went on clomid and it caused large cysts. One burst and landed me in the ER. A month later my ovary still hadn't recovered and I ended up having to have it removed.

Again I don't want to scare you, what happened to me is rare. But when on Clomid I would insist on scans to make sure that there are no cysts that could cause issues.

I've known a lot of people who have gotten pregnant on clomid. Another thing you can do to try to regulate your cycles is to go on metformin. It is actually a drug for diabetics and it helps you process insulin, but it can help woman with PCOS have more regular cycles. I have ovulated the past 2 cycles on my own and I credit metformin and getting rid of the sick ovary.

Wow I feel like I am writing a novel here lol. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :hugs:

I'm just on a flying visit, and no doubt someone will come along with a more thorough answer later - but off the top of my head Vit. C, Angus Castus and Soy Isoflavones are supplements worth exploring.

The big thing for me that kick started ovulation was losing weight - although that only works if you're overweight to start with! lol

Good luck xx

Hiya thanks for the reply, I might give agnus castus another go then, I tried it before but it didn't really hel much, now all the blood tests and things are finally over with I shall give it a go and hopefully it will work. I am slightly overweight, so I am already on slimming world to try and shift it - ive heard other people say that it has helped them so hopefully it will help me as well

Hi gemmybean, just wanted to pop in to let you know there is hope even with horribly long cycles.......I ov'd & conceived on cd 100 of my third cycle off the pill and I'm now 21 wks pregnant!

I also have a colleague at work (who has pcos) who conceived (accidentally!) having not had a period for almost 18 months before that. I know it's incredibly frustrating but please don't give up hope, it can happen! :hugs:

Hi our cycles seem to be pretty much the same. I only had withdrawal bleed and bit of spotting for an hour two weeks ago and thats it. The dr has given primlut to bring on af. Hope it works

I'm just not going to think about what they'll be doing cos it'll only put me off. There's so many names and terms of things pelvic scan, pelvic ultrasound, transvaginal scan, external, internal.Are they all pretty much the same??

I'm just not going to think about what they'll be doing cos it'll only put me off. There's so many names and terms of things pelvic scan, pelvic ultrasound, transvaginal scan, external, internal.Are they all pretty much the same??

Whoooops! Thought I'd replied to this. Sorry.

Yeah I think they are pretty much the same thing.

First blood test was taken today and I was a very brave little soldier (terrified of needles) there's some other bits and bobs that I want to share with you all but am waiting to see if the powers that be will let me change my name. I'm very "google-able" at the moment and there are things I'd rather keep from most IRL and some online buddies.

Well folks I started taking the medication today to bring on af!! I'm dreading it coming and looking forward to it. I'll be like an anti-christ. Imagine no af in 193 days!! My hubbie reckons he's going to move out when it does arrive. He is joking of course

^^Mine Af was surprising light when i took the tablets, i expected it to be evil. Roll on your next cycle :D

Yeah when mine finally rolled round after 100+ days it wasn't heavy - I'd had visions of the lining building up over all that time but apparently it doesn't happen like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->