Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Hi ladies! I'm here to gate crash you all! :haha:

I stopped my BC the end of Nov. had my withdrawal bleed for about 3 days and nothing since! Currently on CD 56. Had a blood test done with my doctor just to make sure and I am definitely not pg.

I just started temping a few days ago so I am not sure if I already ovulated, or if I even am going to ovulate! It is so frustrating. Especially when DH and I do :sex: all I can think is, 'If only I was O'ing!'. *sigh* hopefully things straighten out. But the longer AF stays away to more worried I get.

Hey ladies, how are you all?

Missangie - I see from your ticker that you are 5DPO!?!?

Trishg21 - Welcome, the more the merrier on this thread (well actually I don't like to think of too many women going through these crazy cycles, but YKWIM!). As you can see from the ladies on here, it seems very normal for such a long cycle, and I'm sure either O or AF will show up soon. The bad news is that unfortunately you just have to ride it out, and "try" and be patient (we all know this is near on impossible - we're all crazy here :haha: ) I'd definitely say keep at the temping though, it may not mean anything to you now, but you can use it as reference for future cycles. Lte us know how you get on.

Any news from anyone else? Nothing to report this end :( xxxxx

So, reset my cbfm last week on the off chance I may ovulate after taking agnus castus for around 2 weeks. Today I got my first ever positive opk and three bars and the egg on the cbfm. Sods law that I'm working tonight until 10pm, I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Tried to upload pics from photo bucket but can't get it to work. Xx

Great news Winniemoo1 :thumbup: You have 12-36 hours 'til you even ovulate and egg can live for 12-24 hours, so just BD when you can, I'm sure you'll still be in with a chance! GL xxx

Hi,

I came off the pill at the start of December, had my withdrawl bleed straight away. I then got a positive ovulation test on CD23 and AF arrived on CD33.
I am currently on my second cycle and am on CD19 and am waiting for a positive OPK.
I am praying that i am lucky and my cycles start to regulate out quite quickly, but i know that may not happen.

I was on Microgynon for 9 years and Yasmin for 2 years without a break.

x

Hi there berniegroves! Sounds like you have a good chance at resuming a regular normal cycle straight after BCP. GL and let us know how this cycle goes xx

OK ladies, I'm a little bit excited so needed to share this with someone, and who better than you lovely lot (sorry for TMI in advance)...

As you all know my cycles have been long/ irregular and the cycles I had charted there was no sign of O! My temps have been fairly erratic too! Well, CD63 my temps shot up and stayed up (it was a lovely sight to see, I'd never seen a chart of my own like it) and FF detected O at CD62. I didn't want to become too convinced as my temps have seemed to shift before (but never like this) and then turned into nothing. Well, today (CD75 and 13DPO) I've had AF cramps and when I just went to the loo I had pink CM on the loo paper!!!!!

I know it's weird we get excited when we see AF, but at least it shows that a) I have actually ovulated, and b) that even if AF comes in full flow tomorrow I have at least a LP of 13 days... both are good news in my eyes!

And... my last AF lasted 11 days, so I'm hoping that my body has "had a word with itself" and decided to get it's ass into gear and give me a normal cycle. Just got to hope that next cycle becomes a little more regular. But at least it gives me hope that I have finally O'ed, and so I will keep up with the OPK's no matter how long the cycle is, and hopefully we can get this TTC properly going!

Sorry for the long post girls, you know how excited women ramble :haha:

I will let you know if/ when she arrives :D xxx

:thumbup: Thats great news MrsH!! I felt the same after 11 months, even though I didn't get my BFP I finally had a period!

I have been feeling good today too :wohoo: On CD 30 and I can feel twinges - hoping this is OV finally about to happen :wacko: Come ooooonnn!! :haha:

Good news MrsH! Hopefully your body is getting into gear and getting ready for baby! :thumbup:

Ooohh plutosblue I hope you're right and O is coming soon, let us know how the next few days go!!

Thank u trishg, your comment made me a little excited, the thought of a bubba doesn't seem so impossible after all, can't believe I'm excited to be having a visit from the witch!!

Thanks ladies! Let's start bringing some good news onto this thread girls xxx

It's funny most threads shoo the witch away but we couldn't be happier!! We are obviously easily pleased :rofl:

You never know that spotting could be implantation :winkwink:

Mrs H! Congrats :) I remember when AF first came to me and I had a bit of spotting the day before..and was like omg omg is this it? is it really coming? then the next AM yep she was here! LOL I felt like I was a 13yr old girl again haha! :) I remember I just wanted to yell out loud I got my period yeah!

woohoo MrsH!!! GREAT news!

and welcome to all the newbies, glad to have you join us (but not glad you are in this situation!)

yes, I THINK I am 5DPO. I never saw a pos OPK but i did have a really dark, not yet positive one a day or two before FF is suggesting I O'd and I had EWCM (not much though) the day before too... SOOO in a week or so AF should be here or if Im super luck I will see a BFP (but not holding my breath)

I was goofing around tonight and decided for some reason to take my temp. (I take it every morning around the same time). This morning it was 97.3 and tonight it was 98.3! So now I am kinda excited to see if it stays up tomorrow morning because maybe I FINALLY ovulated. DH and I BD'd last night too! :happydance: (Not tonight though because he had to work really late and was very tired)

Hi all, I came on here to post about not having had a period since I came off the pill in December and found this thread already exists. I'm now on CD46 and nothing yet! Made a docs appointment for Fri as it's really getting me down but just feel like I want to cry today :( I was so excited about starting trying and it just seems my body isn't working properly. I did my first ever test last week but it was negative, and I don't think I realised how dissapointed I would be to see that, I think I'd kind of convinced myself it was going to be positive. I don't think this getting pregnant thing is going to be as easy as I imagined!

I'm still learning how to navigate my way through this site- but I am SO glad I found this thread!!

Here's a bit of history- was on HBC for 9 years, about 2 years after having my daughter (she's 13 now!!) started with Depo for about 3-4 years, never got AF while on it. I started hearing bad things on how it can mess with fertility and I have a close friend who miscarried 2x when getting off the depo shots. So I got a new GYN and tried Nuvaring- didn't like it- then finally went on the pill Yasmine then Yaz for a few months. I stood on that untill 2008. I felt like I needed to give my body a break from the hormones. Oh boy was I right. I got less sick, dropped weight, and my moods improved 100% Cycles started to regulate almost right away. AF came right away after ending the last pack of BCP and I got on a average 30-33 day cycle.

Fast forward to 2009/2010- Cycle was regular for the most part except for training season when AF would be very light and sometimes late. My season ended this July 2010. AF still would come very light- like I could get through the whole day with just a panty liner. August I got the AF from hell so I figured things where just getting back to normal. Nope!! Sept & Oct AF was acting up again. Still came on time but I would have a heavy flow for 1 day and then only spot for the next 2 days and that's it.

DH and I decided we want to TTC winter 2011 so during my Annual GYN exam in Nov. I explained the situation. She suggested getting back on BCP (Loestrin 24FE) for 3 months just to regulate, and also started me on pre-natals. I have being on BCP. I didn't last the full 2 months b/c I didn't like the way I felt. No period between the 1st two packs, gained some weight (which is crazy b/c I am a very fit person) and I was getting moody as hell.

I tool my last pill on January 8th 2011. As of today no bleeding, no AF. DH and I said we would wait untill my 1st real period before TTC. I'm getting worried instead of fixing my cycles I just screwed it up more.

I started on Vitex (chasteberry) on 1/17/2011 and I've been drinking Parsely tea starting this week to try to induce AF. Nothing yet:nope:

That just doesn't make sense to me why your doc would suggest BCP when you were TTC. Is there evidence that going on it for three months and coming off is helpful in TTC?

I came off bcp about 3 months ago first period was 40 day and most recent was 37 is so annoying as I used to be bang on 28 days x

On day 86 today and just got my lab results back from last week. Everything was normal except for FSH which was very high at 48. I am so upset about that and cannot stop crying. Everything I read about that high of a level is awful. She gave me Provera to take for 5 days to bring on a period but I don't know if that will help me ovulate. I'm so upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->