Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Well i finally ovulated on cd65 which is only my 4th cycle in a year (2nd time of know ovulation), and got a :bfp: today! It took exactly a year with my 1st as well!

OMG what fantastic news. Massive congrats. Quick question how do you know if you've ov? What method do you use? The reason why I ask is that af has gone awol hopefully will be put on meds to make me ov and I haven't a clue how to use opks?

Thank you ladies,
I chart my cycles, its the only way i knew if there was an inkling of any thing happening it actually helped keep me sane:wacko: Having long cycles is so rubbish!
I'd had blood tests for pcos etc but it all came back fine they just blamed it on being on the pill a few years back, my cycles just never regulated.
I'm still feeling a bit wary and expecting af to show up though!

Good luck hun hope your doc appointments go well, i've tried opk's but ended up using sooo many i gave up!

You can get OPKs dead cheaply from ebay just like the cheapy HPTs, so it doesn't need to cost a fortune, I do an OPK every day from the end of my period.

Those were the ones i got, but personally i didn't want to be testing with them every day for 3-4 months at a time. I never got lucky with a positive opk but other people might do :)

CD 50 today, really sick stomach all day and had the runs and overtired. I'm not going to test as I'm too used to getting BFN's and the fact my first and only af came as a result of meds am not too hopeful of getting BFN. Ive an ultrasound next week so I'm sure I'll find out then either way.

Just popping in as I saw Trish's ticker on my journal....

Okay you guys...I know I don't post much anymore but I am DYING here.

I just got a positive pregnancy test! I haven't even told my DH yet because he is at work and I definitely want to tell him in person. I haven't wrote anything on my blog yet either. We've been trying 1 year and 4 months and this is the first positive we've gotten. I go in for blood work on Thursday morning (the earliest I could get in). Seriously freaking out right now!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7265/7062557185_1d4c045a36.jpg

:wohoo: So so so so pleased for you. You deserve this - it is your time :hugs: xx

Well i finally ovulated on cd65 which is only my 4th cycle in a year (2nd time of know ovulation), and got a :bfp: today! It took exactly a year with my 1st as well!

More good news - congrats!!

Spotting today which signals AF is around the corner. Last chance for a 2012 baby gone. Maybe 13 will be my lucky number?

Congrats Heidi!!

Wow loving the positive news here.

OMG :yipee: SO happy for Trish. She's been through so much. I've been following her blog when I remember :hugs:

The only way I know I've ovulated with through temping. My gynecologist also has me set up to go in for blood tests. I'm still waiting to ovulate this cycle and I'm into the cd30's... perhaps it happened 2-3 days ago but only time will tell.

:hugs: to everyone!!

I don't know what to think - two nights in a row I've been sleepwalking and shouting at my husband. I sleepwalk - sporadically - all the time, but the only time I've ever shouted at MrReiver in my sleep was when I am pregnant. So confused.

Guys have abdominal ultrasound on Monday, fingers crossed I don't get too nervous and find out more as to whats going on with my cycles.

Fingers crossed for you, hope you can relax and have a chilled out weekend. Try not to worry too much, x

Came off the pill (dianette) after 7 years in oct 2011 for it to get out of my system before TTC as i had been told to.
Started TTC mid november after only having withdraw bleed but couldnt wait any longer.
Had first period 22nd Dec-29th
next period was not until 17th Feb-20th however spotted from 7th Feb(spotted for 10 days) i put this down to my body getting back to normal and was hoping for a normal length cycle next month and no long spotting.
However after starting to track CM and other symptoms still none the wiser as to when i ovualte in my next cycle my next period began this month but with spotting yet again from 7th april to 16th april but period began 17-20 (light)
Decided to try taking my temp's started on thursday 19th with a temp of36.3 then today 36.0 are these normal for during period.... Ive bought some digital opks but obviously due to my 57-60 day cycles pin pointing a week i think will be tricky.... any recommendations for vitamins, today cd6 ive started taking boots pecpnception tablets and evening primrose and am going to make sure i drink plenty of fluids as never notice amy obvious ewcm ..tips with temping and can i get preg even if i spot just after ovulation if that is when i ovulate or does it just flush the egg out.... bit lost 60 days i so long to wait.... really hoping that my cycle shortens this month but doubt it as it seems to have a definate pattern...
I went to the docs and he just wanted me to go on the pill for 3 months to try and kick start a shorter cycle... didn't think that sounded like a very gd idea to me so just gunna crack on as we are...... HELP?!?

Hi got my pelvic transabdominal US done today. It wasn't bad at all, the worst thing was the full bladder!!! It was so cruel sitting in waiting area looking at the toilet and knowing your not allowed to use it.

The doctor told me she seen nothing standing out to her that would suggest I've PCOS but that all will be revealed when I get blood tests results. So next appointment in May.

Part of me thinks would it be better to have something wrong at least then it could be treated but the fact nothing has come up would maybe suggest it's going to be harder to conceive. I suppose there's no point stressing over it until my May appointment

Just popping in as I saw Trish's ticker on my journal....

Okay you guys...I know I don't post much anymore but I am DYING here.

I just got a positive pregnancy test! I haven't even told my DH yet because he is at work and I definitely want to tell him in person. I haven't wrote anything on my blog yet either. We've been trying 1 year and 4 months and this is the first positive we've gotten. I go in for blood work on Thursday morning (the earliest I could get in). Seriously freaking out right now!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7265/7062557185_1d4c045a36.jpg

:wohoo: So so so so pleased for you. You deserve this - it is your time :hugs: xx

More good news - congrats!!

Congrats Heidi!!

Wow loving the positive news here.

OMG :yipee: SO happy for Trish. She's been through so much. I've been following her blog when I remember :hugs:

The only way I know I've ovulated with through temping. My gynecologist also has me set up to go in for blood tests. I'm still waiting to ovulate this cycle and I'm into the cd30's... perhaps it happened 2-3 days ago but only time will tell.

:hugs: to everyone!!

Thanks for all the excitement guys, but sadly things are not looking too good. I went to the ER over the weekend due to some bleeding. They tested my levels and they are not rising as they should. I spoke to my RE yesterday and he is sure that I am having a miscarriage :(

We are devastated of course but hopefully it will work out soon and we will be able to try again.

Oh Trish :( I'm so sorry.
I hope he's wrong :hugs: :cry:
So sorry :nope:

I'm hoping that because you're ovulating now it won't be as hard as before :hugs:

So so sorry Trish, miscarriages are always horrific but there is something especially cruel when it happens to people who have been trying to conceive for so long. My thoughts and prayers are with you, I really hope the docs are wrong

Hello,

I'm new on this thread and was just catching up and am really sorry for your news; women have babies because they're the stronger sex to deal with it (or so I believe from all the ups and downs we have to go through)

Just to give a little of my story - since coming off the pill in February 2011 my cycle has been completely irregular. 30,44,56,28 you name it; i've had it!

My Dr did say it was my body getting over the pill but after a couple of TERRIBLE appointments with me trying to explain my body is not getting back to what it should they are now running lots of tests.

They want to rule out another problem that the Microgynon (sorry for spelling) may have been trying to hide so I'll have to wait and see..

ALTHOUGH - one of my best friends came off Dianette at the same time and has been back to normal after approx a year so in normal circumstances it can happen!! :thumbup:

I needed to see this today, so I thought I'd share.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/inspire-others-4.jpg

Hello,

I'm new on this thread and was just catching up and am really sorry for your news; women have babies because they're the stronger sex to deal with it (or so I believe from all the ups and downs we have to go through)

Just to give a little of my story - since coming off the pill in February 2011 my cycle has been completely irregular. 30,44,56,28 you name it; i've had it!

My Dr did say it was my body getting over the pill but after a couple of TERRIBLE appointments with me trying to explain my body is not getting back to what it should they are now running lots of tests.

They want to rule out another problem that the Microgynon (sorry for spelling) may have been trying to hide so I'll have to wait and see..

ALTHOUGH - one of my best friends came off Dianette at the same time and has been back to normal after approx a year so in normal circumstances it can happen!! :thumbup:
Uww that means theres hope 4 me yet i came off dianette in oct 2011 cycles are vlong 56 DAYS and 60 days currently on cd 10 so along way to wait yet was ur friend ttc for a year?

Hiya - no she was only TTC for the last 3 months but bingo! It worked so it obviously can take time for your body to recover.

FX for you! Just keep going, the pill must put our bodies through so much and it must take a while for it to recover. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->