Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

The other night I dreamt I was pushing twins around the park in the next town over (so MrReiver have had a new job which meant we could move) and our son was charging around nearby with a big dog (we've promised when we move into a house we will get him a dog.)

The next day we got a letter telling us our appointment at the fertility clinic is on the 14th May, and Mr Reiver has an interview on the 11th. Hopefully things are looking up for us now.

I like to think our dreams do have a funny wear of preparing us for what may be coming :happydance:

FX for you! We may have it harder because cycles are up the wall (and it feels like the odds are against us anyway) but if women can get pregnant without ever having AF then our bodies are still working if a little slow off the mark!

I find charting frustrating as I NEVER have any kind of pattern - whether that's because there's more going on which they're hoping to establish I don't know but until then I am just going to BD and maybe try the Sperm meet egg plan that I keep reading so much about!

Do people have a tactic with their irregular cycles or are you doing the deed as the mood takes you? If you can't pinpoint the big O I can't tell if I'm getting it right?! x

When my cycles were all over the place we were trying to do the deed every other day. If you are fertile from the day before you Ov to the day after you Ov then dtd every other day (at least) then you should be able to catch it when you do ovulate.

How are you temping? I was temping orally but I'm a mouth breather so my temps were totally erratic. I'm temping vaginally this cycle as apprently it's more reliable and not influenced by factors like mouth breathing, snoring, or having a drink of water during the night. Am hoping that I will have a more settled graph this cycle! It's not exactly the nicest way to start the day - but needs must! :haha:

MrsReiver - That's news to me! I didn't know you COULD temp vaginally!!!

Yes, mine have been really erratic... at one point they were so erratic I was sure I was on the brink of hyperthermia they dropped so low :shrug: I've never noticed a surge in temp and it really takes me a while to get into the routine of doing it. Certainly isn't the sexiest thing for my bf to wake up to... :nope:

I agree, that's not the best start to the day hehe but if it works for a couple of cycles and you start to get a better picture then it's good in the long run!

x

Hiya everyone just need some advice AGAIN!! Im currently using ovuview to track cycle it was highly reccommended by a friend ...i just imputted my todays temp in and it has decided to change my cycle and belueves im due af in 10 days and my the fertile day was tuesday just gone...the day i was debating ewcm or semen only a very small amount s....my cm was watery straight after af ...dunno if my temps have shown ovulation and thats what the apps picked up on.. ive added a pic of my graph...very confused previously my cycles were 56 and 60 days...https://www.fertilityfriend.com/m2/chartgraph_module.php? =2012-04-17 fertility friend also sayz ive ovulated ....HELP!

One_dips Hiya Hun, I can't see your temps on the graph? Is the link working?

Have you got a screen shot of the chart?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334//thumb.png My Ovulation Chart

Sorry Hun, I think you need an expert for this one.. If your temps have stayed up above your base line that's positive, maybe that means you have just or are going to shortly O?

I'll leave it to the expert ladies... sorry I couldn't be more help! x

The other night I dreamt I was pushing twins around the park in the next town over (so MrReiver have had a new job which meant we could move) and our son was charging around nearby with a big dog (we've promised when we move into a house we will get him a dog.)

The next day we got a letter telling us our appointment at the fertility clinic is on the 14th May, and Mr Reiver has an interview on the 11th. Hopefully things are looking up for us now.

OMG!!!
I'm a believer in dreams like that becoming reality. I've had a few "I've ovulated" dreams and when I've put my numbers into FF it's turned out true!
I really really hope your dream comes true!! Good luck to Mr Reiver with his interview!!! eeeeek :D

Looks like you probably did ovulate. I'm confused as to why your temp has stayed the same. Is the thermometer that you are using and old one? Perhaps try changing the battery in it. When my temp stays the same for more than three days I change the battery in mine. I've changed the battery twice in the year I've been temping.

The only way to know for sure is to have a progesterone blood test done to check your levels. I've had several "ovulations" according to FF only to turn out not to be with a blood test. Looks like you might have though due to the other symptoms you have.

Oh did you have any medications on or before the 24th?
Sometimes tylonal or other medications can throw your temperature off and it looks like a pre-O dip for temp.

CocoMia

You have a span of 6 days that you are fertile. Up to 6 days but usually 4 days before O, the day of O, and the day after O.

Due to my wacky cycles - or non-existent over the last year we were DTD every other day (EOD) starting around CD 12. If we got exhausted we cut it down to every third day. :shrug: Once we're able to start trying again I'm tempted to start using OPKs as EOD is exhausting after a while ;)

Looks like you probably did ovulate. I'm confused as to why your temp has stayed the same. Is the thermometer that you are using and old one? Perhaps try changing the battery in it. When my temp stays the same for more than three days I change the battery in mine. I've changed the battery twice in the year I've been temping.

The only way to know for sure is to have a progesterone blood test done to check your levels. I've had several "ovulations" according to FF only to turn out not to be with a blood test. Looks like you might have though due to the other symptoms you have.

Thanks for replying... my themometer is brand new so dont thinkit was the batterys.. it annoyed with myself was working late last night and took my temp first thing but then nodded off and dunno weather my tem was 36.1 or 35.7!! how frustrating .. gunna just keep bding every other day and wait and see if i have another long cycle due in june...

Thank Ladies

Haha I know what you mean - in real life it's not always possible to keep at it when work, deadlines, tiredness gets in the way is it?

I really don't want it to become just a chore :nope:

I am using FF properly this month so am hoping it does the working out for me. As I'll have had my 3day and 21day bloods I should have a clearer picture. It would be good to then see what the deal is with my 1 or 2 wacko cycles that go off the scale (67days and even more)!

x

:cry:hey guys, been having a very similar experience. stopped pill three weeks ago. that was last period. been checking cervix and bbt all cycle. im currently C23. bbt has shown no ovulation, and last time i check my cervix it was soft and round, felt nice for what should have been when i should have O'd how ever no temp spike. then this week my breasts and nipples started hurting bad. getting very odd cramps, and feeling icky. checked my cervix and felt three very sensitive bumps. made a doc appt but freaking out. :(

well woke up this morning to a sharp pain down there. rescheduled my doc apt to today and called into work. went in and saw my doc, he found the three bumps and said they looked harmless and like cysts. how ever he still scraped my cervix with several swabs to make sure. should hear back results in a few days, but just hearing him say they looked ok really made me feel more at ease. my doctor was amazing. today was my first appt with him and he was so sweet and did not treat me like i didn't know what i was talking about like some of my old doctors would do. i had a old doc even roll his eyes at me. i have had good doctors, but i have had bad ones too. anyway he is willing to work with me as i try to conceive. and my DH is going to him tomorrow to get a referral for a semen analysis. really feeling much better. :)

oh and he said it looks like even tho my cycle has been messed, and i did not ovulate this month, i should see AF very soon. said when he stuck the swap in the cervix i started to bleed which is good sign. so for anyone who is coming off of the pill and feeling helpless, involve your doctor. they really can help. :)

Hi guys I haven't posted here for a while things have been hectic. I've another app this week with gynae and am hoping I'll be given clomid to help with the fertility issues. Currently cd 70 something ( I give up counting!) so will need meds to bring on af. not looking forward to af meds as last time they made my moods go off the wall. my poor husband was tortured with me. hope everyone getting on good

Hey Amelia - fingers crossed for your appointment this week. What day is it?

Sorry I've been quiet as well, it's been a difficult couple of weeks as my Granny passed away.

My BBTs this month suggest I've actually ovulated again so it's all positive I suppose. We've still not got my progesterone results so I could go to this appointment on Monday and find there's sod all wrong with me.

I am really, really dreading this appointment though - the last time I had an internal scan there was when we got the news our beanie had died. I just know it's going to be difficult and bring back some awful memories :cry:

Thinking of you MrsReiver and especially after your sad news.

It takes so much strength to hold it together at the appointments especially when it's so undignified and means so much to you. I'm sorry you've got upsetting memories to deal with to.:nope:

I've got another internal booked for next week and I seem to work myself up so much it's almost as traumatic going through the appointment as it is hearing what's wrong :cry:

xx

Hey Amelia - fingers crossed for your appointment this week. What day is it?

Sorry I've been quiet as well, it's been a difficult couple of weeks as my Granny passed away.

My BBTs this month suggest I've actually ovulated again so it's all positive I suppose. We've still not got my progesterone results so I could go to this appointment on Monday and find there's sod all wrong with me.

I am really, really dreading this appointment though - the last time I had an internal scan there was when we got the news our beanie had died. I just know it's going to be difficult and bring back some awful memories :cry:

It's on Tuesday. Sorry to hear of your loss. It's a difficult time for you.Good luck with your appointment hopefully it won't be too bad and you'll get good news

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->