Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

Thanks for letting me know hun, it's good to know when to think of you :hugs:

Well we are leaving about quarter past one, have kept myself very busy this morning so I don't think there's a surface in the house that hasn't been polished or disinfected :happydance:

Well it wasn't awful after all. I had been warned the nurse was a dragon but she was really lovely. Bad news is I definitely have PCOS, however my progesterone from last month proves I ovulated "very convincingly." I had the expected internal scan which proved I ovulated last week (hurrah!) so while my ovaries do have cysts - but not awful ones - I am ovulating.

The plan is for DH to have some investigations and if his swimmers are in good nick I'm getting my tubes flushed out.

Strangely, given I have a definite diagnosis of PCOS, I am remarkably cheerful. Two months confirmed OV - that's hopeful!

Well it wasn't awful after all. I had been warned the nurse was a dragon but she was really lovely. Bad news is I definitely have PCOS, however my progesterone from last month proves I ovulated "very convincingly." I had the expected internal scan which proved I ovulated last week (hurrah!) so while my ovaries do have cysts - but not awful ones - I am ovulating.

The plan is for DH to have some investigations and if his swimmers are in good nick I'm getting my tubes flushed out.

Strangely, given I have a definite diagnosis of PCOS, I am remarkably cheerful. Two months confirmed OV - that's hopeful!

Glad you've the dread scan out of the road and that it wasn't too bad. it's grate you ov and that drs have a plan for what to do for the future. PCOS doesn't mean you can't have children, just prob need meds to help but you'll get there :haha:

D-day had gynae app today. All my results ( bloods, ultrasound and glucose levels) came back normal. Dr still is convinced that I've PCOS even though I don't have all the symptoms but have others - find weight impossible to shift and put on weight easily, facial hair, no periods - this is my 2nd cycle since Aug and currently cd 78.

Dr has given me provera to bring on af, have to take metformin and clomid 50mg on days 2-6. I have to do this for four months and then will be called back. My progesterone levels will also be checked in the next 2 cycles to see if the med is making me ov.

Anyone know of side effects of clomid and metformin??

Not sure on the side affects of both together... I've heard Metformin gives you tummy upsets like diarrhea.. :shock:

Mrs Reiver so glad you're feeling positive.
:dance: yay for two confirmed ovulations! I was SO excited when I had my first.
I hope you are pregnant again asap!! :hugs:

Ok I started meds yesterday afternoon. I took 1 500mg metformin and this morning I took 1 provera 5mg and metformin and provera and metformin in the evening.

Girls this morning at 10ish I thought I was going to be sick!! For 20 mins I felt this way!! It passed but felt really off all day with pains/cramps in stomach and headache ALL day. I had to lie down when I came home from work.

Will I be like this all the time?? I don't think I can handle this and work:growlmad:

Oh Amelia I have no experience so I can't give you any advice but I'm so sorry you're struggling. It sounds so unpleasant. I hope it doesn't last too long :hugs:

I'm a hormonal mess here - no idea what's going on with me. Yesterday I cried because the lady on the phone at the WWF was lovely and helped me get my son's snow leopard adoption worked out, and today I cried because it looks like I won't be able to go and see the olympic torch when it passes through here. What's that all about? :shrug:

Oh Amelia I have no experience so I can't give you any advice but I'm so sorry you're struggling. It sounds so unpleasant. I hope it doesn't last too long :hugs:

I'm a hormonal mess here - no idea what's going on with me. Yesterday I cried because the lady on the phone at the WWF was lovely and helped me get my son's snow leopard adoption worked out, and today I cried because it looks like I won't be able to go and see the olympic torch when it passes through here. What's that all about? :shrug:

Mrs Reiver ttc plays big time on your emotions. One minute your grand and the next you can feel pretty shitty. Yest I didn't have too bad side effects, just very tired. Today, stomach upset, toilet was my best friend today:growlmad:

Amelia you've got to go slow with the metformin or it will kick your arse! I did 500mg at night and bumped it up by 500 each week or two till I was at my dose and *still* had some hard to manage side effects. It's well worth it though. The metformin thread on soul cysters has helped with a lot of my questions. Gl!

what does everyone think are my chances are? im taking the faint opk lines i got as positive as they av gone back to been nit been there and it was with a lil ewcm too and my temps have risen but no lines have gone on my chart any idea why ...because im only half way through my cycle should i take it that my cycles have shortened and guess AF should be due in 14 days?
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334/thumb.pngMy Ovulation Chart

what does everyone think are my chances are? im taking the faint opk lines i got as positive as they av gone back to been nit been there and it was with a lil ewcm too and my temps have risen but no lines have gone on my chart any idea why ...because im only half way through my cycle should i take it that my cycles have shortened and guess AF should be due in 14 days?
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334/thumb.pngMy Ovulation Chart

So this may sound like a stupid question but I know someone here will be able to answer it. I've started taking provera to bring on af. Then on days 2-6 I have to take clomid 50mg. My question is.... when do I take provera again for my next cycle?

My cycles are awol- since Aug 2011 only 2 cycles 1-203 days and cycle 2 -84 and counting!! So you can see why I'm confused when I can start taking provera if I dont get a BFP. How long after af should I wait?

So this may sound like a stupid question but I know someone here will be able to answer it. I've started taking provera to bring on af. Then on days 2-6 I have to take clomid 50mg. My question is.... when do I take provera again for my next cycle?

My cycles are awol- since Aug 2011 only 2 cycles 1-203 days and cycle 2 -84 and counting!! So you can see why I'm confused when I can start taking provera if I dont get a BFP. How long after af should I wait?

Hopefully for the next cycle you will not have to take Provera again! Obviously if you get a BFP you won't take it and if you ovulate on Clomid AF should start naturally.

Your doctor should have you do a blood draw around day 21 to test your progesterone levels to see if you ovulated. If they show you have then you shouldn't need provera. If they show you did not then your Dr. will probably tell you to start taking provera to induce a new cycle.

I will say though that I recommend temping while on clomid. When I was using it all my blood work kept coming back saying I hadn't ovulated but I proved that I was by temping...I was just ovulating late so the test were not catching it. So you know, it never hurts ;)

Good luck!

any ideas what going on with my temps at docs today see if they will run some tests came of bc in oct!
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334/thumb.png My Ovulation Chart

thanks x

Hopefully for the next cycle you will not have to take Provera again! Obviously if you get a BFP you won't take it and if you ovulate on Clomid AF should start naturally.

Your doctor should have you do a blood draw around day 21 to test your progesterone levels to see if you ovulated. If they show you have then you shouldn't need provera. If they show you did not then your Dr. will probably tell you to start taking provera to induce a new cycle.

I will say though that I recommend temping while on clomid. When I was using it all my blood work kept coming back saying I hadn't ovulated but I proved that I was by temping...I was just ovulating late so the test were not catching it. So you know, it never hurts ;)

Good luck!

Hi Trish21 thanks so much for replying. Fingers crossed for this cycle. Day 1 of clomid today. 4 more days of it. I'm taking it in the evening as I read in alot of posts you can miss some of the nasty side effects if you take it at night

My pleasure. I really didn't have any side effects when I took Clomid, but I have heard that some people have a rough time with it so taking it in the evening is a good idea. Is your doctor going to be doing any ultrasounds to monitor your progress?

My pleasure. I really didn't have any side effects when I took Clomid, but I have heard that some people have a rough time with it so taking it in the evening is a good idea. Is your doctor going to be doing any ultrasounds to monitor your progress?

Well I took my first clomid tablet last night at 8pm and have to say didn't have much side effects except hot flushes for a while at night. The dr said she would put me on clomid 50mg CD2-6 and metformin 1000mg e/day for three months and she would see me in Sept. No mention of doing any scans/ultrasounds. I've to get day 21 bloods done to see if I ov'ed but that's it. So how are you doing?

Well I took my first clomid tablet last night at 8pm and have to say didn't have much side effects except hot flushes for a while at night. The dr said she would put me on clomid 50mg CD2-6 and metformin 1000mg e/day for three months and she would see me in Sept. No mention of doing any scans/ultrasounds. I've to get day 21 bloods done to see if I ov'ed but that's it. So how are you doing?

Well I hope it works out well for you. Clomid did make me ovulated 3 out of the 4 times I took it. No pregnancy, but I think I had other stuff going on.

I'm doing okay. AF got me on Saturday. It's the first AF since my miscarriage so I'm glad we are finally moving on but its still a little hard because I should have been 11 weeks today. But trying to stay positive and hopeful that another BFP will come our way soon.

Well I hope it works out well for you. Clomid did make me ovulated 3 out of the 4 times I took it. No pregnancy, but I think I had other stuff going on.

I'm doing okay. AF got me on Saturday. It's the first AF since my miscarriage so I'm glad we are finally moving on but its still a little hard because I should have been 11 weeks today. But trying to stay positive and hopeful that another BFP will come our way soon.

God Trish I don't know how I would deal with your loss. They say times a great healer but it's easy to say that if your not in that position. I hope you get your BFP soon. I finished last clomid tablet today currently cd6. I don't know how am feeling. Not too optimistic if am totally honest

Ok on Cd 6 I took my last clomid tablet for this cycle. Yest Cd7 I had pains on/off around my hip and pelvis. Surely that couldn't be ov? The doc said to make sure we:sex: between days 10-16. Any advice as this is prob our first real chance ttc since August 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->