Post pregnancy belly bands/wraps?

Here in Japan as well binding is considered something you absolutely must do after (and actually before as well) giving birth- traditionally just a long cloth, but there are all kinds of modern options. Seeing how well Japanese woman usually go back to their pre pregnancy shape has pretty much convinced me as well- I will definitely be getting one.

have a few weeks left to do some research but will get some wide bandages and safety pins on stand by as it seems the sooner you start the better

Yeah. Wrapping works best if it's done the 1st week of birth. The uterus takes several weeks to shrink back to size.

I'm on the search for the right product! I defintely want something that goes down to my hips also and hopefully not too pricey.

They gave me a belly band in the hospital right after c-section. It was very tight, that the nurse had to help me put it on all the time. When I went home I didn't continue it because I needed my scar to heal and to breathe, but I sure wish I would have kept it on because my abdomen didn't shrink back the same.

It's a very strong elastic material... VERY STRONG with rows and rows of velcro and it does look like a corsette. I got it free in the hospital though, I don't know if it's because I had a c-section or maybe they give it to all post partum women. I still have mine though, does anyone know if it will still work if I use it now? LOL

I hate to say it but read about this and it sounds great, but I really don't care about my body shape afterwards is that bad?

I hate to say it but read about this and it sounds great, but I really don't care about my body shape afterwards is that bad?

Girl... it's not bad at all! I don't necessarily care about it either. However, I was already fluffy to begin with, so it wasn't a huge difference for me. I think I will use it next time around though, because I would like my uterus to shrink down quickly so I can resume TTC after my 6 week check up! LOL Yes, I am going to try to pop them out one after another. I'm not getting any younger, and it's hard getting pregnant (for me anyways).

What if you have already had a baby? This will be my second child, so will it be pointless as my tummy is already stretched and yucky from last time?

What if you have already had a baby? This will be my second child, so will it be pointless as my tummy is already stretched and yucky from last time?

I kinda wondered this too.... am i already ruined? :haha:

my ribs and back bra size are larger from my first baby, as far as i can work out the elastin hormone that we have effects the whole body in each pregnancy so hoping that i can reverse some of the spread, or stop it getting worse as carrying bigger this time

Well, I think it may at least shrink the uterus back down to what it was before during the second pregnancy. If it shrinks it further,then that's even more awesome! But it's worth a try.

what about if you wore something like Spanks(I think they are called that lol) would they not work!!!

I think this is the one I'm going to get- It's 20bux so even if I need to buy another size it's still cheaper than the Belly Bandit- or close in price but I can have 2 sizes.

I'll be getting one, can't hurt to try right? Plus like someone else said the thought of my stomach feeling "loose" gives me the heebie jeebies :)

:thumbup:

Check amazon for the ladies looking!

Hehehe I forgot the link :dohh:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

I think I definitely going to try it. I'm just not sure what size to order?

Once in a far away land I was about a 30" waist - but I got to 47" on my last pregnancy and this time round I have no idea but I am 5 stone heavier than the original 30" waist eek!

I think I may order a large and a medium allowing for needing two as I get smaller. fingers crossed

buying a small belly bandit second hand off ebay but wondering whether it has good resale value after two owners? current seller says it's excellent condition but i don't want to spend £30 on it and then not be able to sell it on again

I soooooo want one.... I'm going to miss my prebaby bod so i want as much of it back as possible LOL

I think the measurements are different for each brand. For the one I got with Velcro, the sales lady advices to purchase one with measurements of an additional 4 inches more than my pre-pregnancy waist. Hence mine would be 26 + 4 inches. The velcro covers quite a bit so will tighten to 26 inches if need be.

what about if you wore something like Spanks(I think they are called that lol) would they not work!!!

I had something like spanx... it was a pregnancy belly band... but it's nothing compared to the hospital belly band that was given to me... the hospital belly band was much tighter... pretty much like a corsette that is two sizes too small that you squeezed into. If that paints a picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->