Postive hpt, negative blood work

KcApple

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I recently had symptoms similar to my first pregnancy, yeast infection increased tiredness, etc. I went to the Dr and urine test was negative, she told me to take a home test in a week if I still did not receive my period. I took two and both were definitely positive. I went for blood work two days later, which came back negative. I started spotting and turned to a heavy period but I am passing quarter sized clots... What could this mean?

From personal experience, that most likely means that it was a Chemical Pregnancy. A Chemical Pregnancy (AKA CP) is when an egg is fertilized and begins to implant but then the egg fails to survive. They're actually very common and if it weren't for Early Response HPTs, many of them would still be missed and chalked up to a whacky cycle as many of them occur just before or right on the 5th weeks of pregnancy.

Okay, that's what I thought :( but I wasn't sure if the clots were something I should call the Dr about.

I'm sorry for your loss. As long as you don't start filling more than a pad an hour for more than 2 consecutive hours or experience blinding level cramping pain, just treat it as a heavy period.

First of all, Kaiser now accepts positive hpts to book prenatals because they are so sensitive and accurate. Moreso then the tests they use. Second, did you have a quantitative test or qualitative? Did the measure the exact amount of hcg or just give you pregnant or not pregnant? Qualitative blood tests most MACHINES only say positive for 25 miu. Compared go a frer that detects hcg as low as 6 miu or ics that pick up 10 miu.

Take another hpt. If it is still positive, call you doctor and ask what type of test they did and ask for a quantitative beta hcg serum test. If negative, then it was likely a cp.

But the clotting turned bleeding is never good. Have you told your doctor? I had a threatened miscarriage when I passed clots and was sure I lost my bean, but didn't. I just say see your gyn. So sorry you are experiencing this! !!

I just called frer, they said there tests are 12mui sometimes different tests can very a bit up and down,(unofficially) but they make it 12mui and have done the last few yrs. The ones u get on the internet are 6-10mui.

This happened to me and my dr told me I had an early m/c or CP. I thought maybe my hcg could go back up and possibly still be pg bc I have had no bleeding? Just terrible cramps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->