postnatal support

midwife

Reaction score
Hi
Bit cheeky I know but can I use you as market research for a project I am thinking about?
I am a midwife and a couple of my colleagues (another midwife and a health visitor) are in the process of setting up independant postnatal support. We are frustrated that the support after being discharged from hospital on getting home does not seem to be there. Then once the baby is 10 days old the midwife discharges mums into the care of the health visitor. Another professional with a massive work load. The extra support is often needed once the partner goes back to work and unless women access groups or have family nearby they can struggle especially with the feeding and lack of sleep!
SO we thought we could offer either a professional support package over a 6 week period from discharge home from hospital - or - individual consultations. These consultations would be home visits including general support, feeding support, advice re sleep patterns and postnatal recovery etc. What do you think? We would have to keep it local to our area of course but we feel there is a need for this. What would you be prepared to pay per hour of a consultation/visit. We will also be offering 'night nursing' for mums and dads that just need a good night sleep! Would welcome your comments. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->