Postpartum pics after multiple sections-Is there hope?

rjm09

kcm12
Reaction score
I'm not skinny, but i'm not overweight either. I started this pregnancy at 150lbs, and gained 25lbs.

I haven't posted pics on this forum, or anywhere(like FB) the entire pg for that matter. I'm just really self conscious about myself. DH still tries to reassure me, but I still feel terrible about myself. After having 2 sections now, well, i'm fearing the dreaded pouch is gonna be worse than before! I never really did anything to get rid of it after my first, I was happy I went back to my pre preg weight.

Seeing as i'm starting this thread, i'm mustering up the courage to post pics. I'm hoping others will as well. I hope to see some success pics, and hear success stories as well for those of us who had multiple sections, that it's possible to look good afterwards.Don't have a pre pg pic, but 1st is at 23 wks, next is 39.3, the morning of surgery, and today at 2.3 wks pp, but wearing the belly band.

Please share what you've done or plan on doing. I can't excersize yet, but can't do much. I don't have a sitter to go to a gym, and we're entering winter, so not like I can take walks or go to parks or anything. DH is getting me a treadmill. I have a pp appt in 2 wks, and if given the ok, will start then.I also watch what I eat. I eat cereal, salads, oatmeal and granola/cereal bars. I also portion control. Well, after getting home from the hosp, I can't eat much anymore anyways.

Attachments

• bump23.jpg
    bump23.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 69
  • bump39.jpg
    bump39.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 58
  • bump2wk3pp.jpg
    bump2wk3pp.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 79
I can't see the problem? Doesn't mean you can't, but you lool fine to me. I have so much overhang now that I can't see my privates any more.

I can't see the problem? Doesn't mean you can't, but you lool fine to me. I have so much overhang now that I can't see my privates any more.

Not brave enough for a shirtless belly pic..i've gotta mush in my stomach to see my bits too...for shaving.

I think you look fine give yourself a break having a baby isn't easy

Honestly you look great! I've only had 1 section so can't really comment on that but your figure in the last pic looks great to me :)

Can we even do anything about the sag anyway? Mine just feels like skin.

I'm really short, under 5 foot, and had a massive bump, so I don't think my stomach will ever recover without surgery. Even during my section they had to clip a sandbag thing to my stomach, which was hanging off the bed by my head (the sandbag that is), to hold the skin back! It was so embarrassing.

Hon you look great! I have had two csections and I have the dreaded pouch. I started going back to the gym and hope it will go away. I wish my tummy looked like yours :)

My tummy looks fine, but still has the jelly belly/saggy skin feeling. I breastfed and drank RLT to try to help my uterus shrink, but haven't dieted or exercised (other than walking and the abdominal hollowing they told me to do when I came out of hospital).

You look bloody fab! And 2weeks PP wow girl your doing good! But ease up on yourself! Look at your belly and be proud of what it's just done! You have just created the most precious gift EVER!...

I've had 2 sections and I was super slim before my first son, I even had abit of a 6 pack! Anyways that went up in smoke and after him I had this stretched pouch, which was numb! Second son came along nearly 3 years later, another section... And I still ended up with the same pouch and a few more stretch marks and even more belly that felt numb!... Anyways after my second son I had a rough time, with life in general and I lost a whole load of weight! I was literally skin and bones! And yes belly was flat, but still stretched and jiggly... I pulled myself out of my depression and put some weight on that I needed... I still have that abit of a pouch, that's jiggly, numb and stretch marked to hell... But that carried my babies! And when I see that in the bath, or getting changed I look at it and it always makes me smile! :)

I AM proud that my belly held my babies for 9 months. They really are the most precious, important parts of my life!!!

I had terrible vericose veins in my legs too, i'm thrilled they went about 95 percent away. I would of been fine if they hadn't . I don't mind the stretchies. They also have already faded quite a bit just even after the initial shrink down after baby came out. They still have alot of time to fade, and they did after my first pg. They're just so weird looking now, kinda like lil blisters,lol! i could even live with that.I can live with not being as toned as I was before 2 kids. The pouch..i dunno, it just really bugs me!! Even though I can see it reduce week by week. I just know it will never go away fully.

I know i don't have anything to worry about with dh. I just can't shake the insecure feelings when I see on tv these chicks with the tight rock hard abs, or even when we go shopping and come across them. I know he's gonna look, and makes me wonder if he'll leave me cause i look like shyte after kids :( Clothes can hide quite a bit.. but in the bedroom, well thats a whole other thing.

I appreciate all the comments how i still look good. I find it hard to believe though...god i hate being a woman, with hormones...jealousy, and insecurities!!

Can we even do anything about the sag anyway? Mine just feels like skin.

I'm really short, under 5 foot, and had a massive bump, so I don't think my stomach will ever recover without surgery. Even during my section they had to clip a sandbag thing to my stomach, which was hanging off the bed by my head (the sandbag that is), to hold the skin back! It was so embarrassing.

I think you look fine too.

I am just under 5 foot too and i also had a huge bump, the skin on my stomach is totally ruined and my bellybutton sticks out like it did when i was pregnant. I hate the way it look but i have my son who was so worth it. Me and my hubby went through years of IVF treatment to get our little boy.

My belly looks a bit like a kangaroo pouch.... :cry: lol

I think you look great too! I am worried about my belly, which wasn't slim to start with! My bump was enormous, baby was 11 lbs 3 oz and I went overdue to 40 weeks + 15!!! So I feel like its going to be really hard to get any tone back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->