Posture

Michelle100

Reaction score
Do you ladies know if your posture has any affect on the baby/placenta? I have a life long habit of sitting on a chair with my legs up in front of me (knees pointing upwards). I dont think I will always be able to sit this way, because of my growing belly. But I was wondering if this habit(I am trying to break it) will negatively affect baby's growth or cause damage to placenta?

I never heard of it causing harm. I do find that when I sit/lay in a bad position my body lets me know ever quickly and I change positions :D

The only thing I've read about your position so far is that it's a good idea to sleep on your left hand side because later in pregnancy this is the best position for the baby and if you start early and get in to the habit it makes things easier x

:hug:

I don't know of any,but my mum said her midwife told her of for crossing her legs?...something to do with blood flow.. but thats my habit. Maybe ask your midwife the next time you see her? :)

If you sit on your legs you're more likely to get vericose veins I think because of restricted blood flow. But it won't hurt the baby.

I think a good posture, particularly later in pregnancy helps encourage the baby to get in the right position and also helps you not get back ache etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->