Potty trainers...what do you do with wet clothes until you wash them?

steph.

Two little girls!
Reaction score
I only do washing every 2-3 days. But have been wondering what to do with the clothes that my lo pees on in the mean time. At the moment I have been putting it in a bucket with water and nappy detergent but when I get to it later it kind of stinks. So what do you do?

I used to leave them in the washing machine waiting to be washed or if he'd had an accident when we were out I'd leave them in the bag ready to be washed. Luckily most of his accidents were just number 1s, if it was a number 2 I just threw the pants out

I have mine in a plastic bag until washing, if I wasn't going to wash immediately I'd rinse in cold water first xx

How do you manage only washing every 2 or 3 days?! I swear my washing machine is always on :haha:

How do you manage only washing every 2 or 3 days?! I swear my washing machine is always on :haha:

Yeah this. I just put it all in the washing basket. He only ever had one or two poo accidents so it was pretty much just wet ones. There is always enough to do a load each day so it can't build up and smell

Straight into the washing machine - but he only ever had number 1 accidents so I wasn't too worried. And I usually wash every day or every other so it's wasn't too long!

I just rinsed it out with water, rung it out, and throw in the laundry hamper. I only wash every few days too. I have enough laundry to wash every day, but not enough time to wash every day, lol. If I knew I had clothes that he'd had an accident in, I just threw some vinegar in the wash too when I got around to washing the load, as it helps dissolve the pee smell in addition to laundry soap. He hasn't had any accidents during the day in quite a few months. Now the only odd accident is him peeing through a pull up on occasion at night, but then I just wash the bedding immediately.

Thanks all! I have laundry days when dd1 is in daycare and do 2-3 loads those days. When I have both of them we are always out as they drive me crazy in the house! She hasn't had a poo accident in a while so it's just wees I'm dealing with. Think I'll start giving them a rinse and putting straight into the machine. I like the vinegar idea too. I have become a big fan of vinegar since becoming a housewife!

I only wash once a week. It just goes in the laundry basket until then.

We put wet things in a separate laundry bin and just leave them there until I next put a wash in which is usually every 2-3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->