Potty training my 2yo son

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
With my girls, we didn't start potty training them until they were closer to 3 years old because they were born premature and they weren't quite ready for it yet. With my son however he was born full-term and seems to be giving off signs that he might be ready to start soon. He's been telling me when he has to poop before he actually poops in his diaper but only a couple times so far, most of the time he tells me after he's already pooped in his diaper. His speech is a lot more developed than his sisters were at this age, I'm assuming like I said it's because of when they were born. I was concerned initially with teaching him how to aim to go pee, but from the people I've talked to they said just to let him sit and pee on the potty until he is old enough to understand how to aim. Aside from that, are there any tips or tricks to share from any of you mama out there with little boys?

I am starting to potty train my son, he’ll be 2 in 2 weeks. I started at like 20 months with my older son, if took some time but it’s so nice to have them out of diapers. My boy now is resisting sitting on the potty like crazy so I don’t know how it’ll go but I’d love him out of diapers before new baby comes. My girls it was SO different- my first was potty trained by a year and my second at 16 months!

Oh and I start with the Bumbo potty seat, it sits on top of the regular potty and really helps prop up a baby/toddler and hold them in a great position to eliminate. And I sing lots of songs while they’re sitting there- wheels on the bus is a big hit haha

Agreed I let him sit to start. After a while, he started peeing while standing cuz he thought it was funny. He’s back to sitting. I just let him pee however he wants. I’m not particularly fussed over how he pees. Just that it’s in the potty but his underwear :). Best of luck! Hope it goes smoothly!

My son is 2 years and 5 months and been potty trained for 2 months now :)

Has the odd accident in the car but thats all now. He refused to sit on the potty or toilet so he just stood over the potty and weed and it went in. No need to aim! I spent 3 days with him nappyless and pantless just following him with the potty so when he started to go I caught it. Literally did nothing else :haha: then for when we are out and about i found this elephant thing on amazon. Its so good! Like flask that their willy goes in. Saves so much hassles trying to get pants off and sit down. Can literally use it anyway :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->