• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty training?

Eelis

Reaction score
When did you folks who've done it start potty training?

How did you start?

I am not in a rush but since we got babs onto cows milk it's become a lot more "obvious" as to when she needs a poo and she's also started saying "pooopooo" when its on the way, so I thought I might try and get her used to sitting on the potty but she doesn't like the one we have and just cries. I'm worried I will scare her off the idea totally but I dunno I'd like to sort of introduce her to the idea of it or maybe even doing it on the toilet (she seems to like the toilet I have no idea why!).

2 and a half i tried or just alittle over .
I tried beforehand with no luck, but at this age i noticed she was understanding and listening alot more also telling me when she needed to wee or poo. So i went out and grabbed a musical potty , let her pick some stickers and knickers and set off home.

First off i just told her that when she needs to go that she needs to do it in the potty. After she said she needed a poo and went in the potty i swapped her pull ups to knickers just to try. She did a wee in them and relised then that she needs to wee in the potty too. So each time she went to the potty she got a sticker to stick on it. That was the only accident she has had since!

Once the stickers had run out i had to sasy there was no more , cos i didnt want to get in the habit of rewarding her for everytime she went months to come :lol:

Im still to master the night time area but it will happen in its own time ;)

Cool, I like the sticker idea I think she'd go for that when she understands the concept! I think I will just let her carry on as she is till she's a bit older. Thanks again.

hi, i have started potty training my 2 yr old about 4 weeks ago and its going really well
at first he would not go on the potty and liked the loo olso lol....
so i got him his own thomas the tank seat for the loo and he sat on it first time and loved it!! and did his first wee :)
and after i gave him plenty of praise, kisses and cuddles he wanted to do it all the time
and was keen 2 use his potty 2 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->