• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty Training?

A

Always&4ever

My MIL thinks we need to start potty training Jasmine as she trained her daughter at 11months, (her daughter was very advanced) and even though Jasmine is advanced, im not convinced that its ready to start potty training her. Do you think its time?

No I don't. This sounds like a typical case of interfereing MIL - no offense.

Do it when YOU think shes ready.

:)

I will be starting Mia next week or so. I was trained by 10 months, so why not try and see if she likes it.

Can Mia walk? How can babies be potty trained before they can walk?

I am not going to start Dec until 18 months. I know girls can be quicker but do it when you are ready xx

Hmm most babies I know of dont start until after a year of age, and usually are pretty good by 2 years, totally trained with no accidents by 3 years. I dont really understand how a baby under a year can truly be potty trained... I guess it is possible.

If she is showing interest in the toilet then I dont see why not. But I wouldn't get too serious about it quite yet.

Personally, I'm waiting untill she can cantrol herself. By checking her nappy after naps etc x

I dont think you can judge by going by their diapers after sleeping... Sleep time dryness is usually the last thing that they get control of, that is why they wet their beds at naptime and nighttime once they begin potty training.

I just think they need to be able to comprehend the feeling they get before they need to use the bathroom.

We've not even started with Charlie yet, and he's almost 2 and a half!

The nursery he goes to day to wait at least until they are 2 before you start. Personal opinion, but I still dont think Charlie is ready and he can walk and talk.

I think starting befor the age pf 2 is just piling more stress on yourself

Amanda boys are sooo lazy lol

I havent even started to think about potty training Olivia yet. Personally i dont see the rush. I think MILs cant help but interfere

x

i started putting rhys on the toilet at about a year old, just once a day. then gradually built it up. on his second birthday we bought him a singing potty and changed him to pull ups and now hes doing great.

we followed his lead though. we did not push him at all!

I introduced the potty about 1yr 6mth and that worked really well for us, took a good 4 wks for the accidents to stop but all in all i didnt find it that bad!

leeon cant even walk yet and seems quite far from it i think its useles to potty train with a baby who cannot walk etc...most babies will show intrest in theire nappy and the toilet when there ready and if they can talk may even ttell you they need a wee

We haven't started Alfie yet, I am sure we will start within the next 6 months. But we are in no hurry, he will learn in his own time but he certainly is not ready yet, we are going thru hell just getting him to have his teeth brushed! lol x

Thanks girls, I don't think Jasmine is ready yet either, I was planning on starting around 18months and then follow her lead, but after what my MIL said, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong x

Tell your MIL if your husband wanted to have kids with her he would've.

:hissy:

You are her mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back