Powder/liquid and bio/non-bio?

candyfloss

Reaction score
I have been washing my BG in non-bio liquid (small amount) but looking on other websites/forums it seems a lot of people use bio powder with good results but I thought this damaged the nappy linings?

I dont use bio on anything, I find the non bio gels the best.

just to be awkward i use ariel bio powder. i started off on persil non bio liquid, but it didn't seem great and i briefly tried bold 2in1 gel and that was cack !

the ariel bio smells lovely - i don't get on with liquid for nappies

I thought the care instructions said to use non-bio? I could be making that up though. I use either non-bio Ecover powder or non-bio Bio-D laundry liquid.

I use fairy non-bio and its worked fine for me!

I used fairy non bio to start with but as we live in a very hard water area and didn't have a tumble drier, we switched to Bold 2in1. Works great for us, softner is OK for nappies and smeels awesome :D

On the bumGenius website it says:

What detergent can I use?
You should only use detergents that are free of dyes, enzymes, perfumes, whiteners and brighteners. Using detergents containing these ingredients will cause damage to your diaper including elastic failure and leaking.

By enzymes I presume they mean a biological powder...

I'm not sure if Ecover powder has perfume in it - probably not but I will have to check. Bio-D is definitely perfume free, and is available from Oxfam.

uhoh! i didnt realise this... & im allergic to nonbio! Does this mean DH is gonna have to do all the nappy laundering in my house???? :haha: :thumbup: I think i'll prob just stick to bio, if others have done this? :blush:

I used bio on mine for ages :) But then i've found that soapnuts work best :wacko:

I was under the impression that you should use non-bio for all baby things as it is better on their delicate skin and that it is better to use on nappies to protect them. We have use many different non-bio products since we got a lot free while pregnant however we generally buy non-bio gel (not the really expensive ones though) and it works well. :thumbup:

i used non bio until leyla was about 6 months as i have eczema and wanted to make sure she didnt get it aswell, i found it didnt clean my nappies properly though so switched to bio for nappies and non bio for clothes, am now using bold2in1 on nappies and bio and fabric softener on clothes (just cos i have loads in) when all my powder is gone though am gna start using soapnuts

x

Just wanted to add i've been looking into this lately as i was wondering about washing my flips. With regards to BG products the website says the warranty is invalid if:

Any of the following has been used in conjunction with the use/care of the product:

* Water temperatures exceeding 150F or 60C
* A detergent containing additives (enzymes, brighteners, whiteners, dyes, perfumes, essential oils) or natural soap
* Fabric softeners
* Any caustic substance
* Diaper rash cream

So that defo rules out bio as it contains enzymes, I assumed non-bio would be ok, but looking at the ingredients on most of the 'big brands' their non-bio products still contain optical brightners. The only one i've found so far which doesn't contain optical brighters is Ecover.

It looks virtually impossible to keep the BG in warranty if you actually want to use them!

i'm hoping to try Charlies Soap soon as that's free of everything, i like my washing to smell nice though, any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->