Pram issues, feel like crying, so frustrated

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
My son is 3weeks 4 days old. I ordered a pram online when I was pregnant after trying it out in an actual shop etc etc...

When the pram arrived the frame did not click into place properly and had to be replaced. The replacement frame seemed good at home but we took my son out for the first time when he was 5 days old and the back left wheel fell off, we put it back but it kept working itself loose. It was dangerous and I got straight onto the company who said they would repair it - I got the reply from them on Tues 11th and sent the pram back that day.
I still hadn't heard anything a week later but on Wed 19th I chased them up and they said they were going to send another replacement instead of me having to wait for the repair. I expected this to arrive friday or at the latest monday 24th but it didn't I chased them on Monday only to discover it hadn't been sent. It finally arrived yesterday, seemed ok round the village yesterday afternoon but I took it to town today and the wheel started falling off again!!! Its so scary, i had to come home so wasted train fare etc etc...

I'm so upset my son is nearly 4 weeks old, I've barely left our village. Luckily he likes the sling and my maitei but its been a heatwave & 35 degrees plus and its really really hilly here so I'm worried about both of us overheating. I'm so frustrated.

I've written a letter demanding a full refund and I'm going to try and buy a pram I can bring home with me tomorrow.

Sorry for the long rambling post just so angry I had to write it out.

Any recommendations for a pram with a rigid carrycot and then a seat that can face both ways would be appreciated. I'm not that keen on Bugaboos coz I think the carrycot is a bit low but other suggestions wanted.

Its a german company so won't mean much to people on here but the pram is by ABC Design and mothercare have started to stock some of their range but only online & not the model I chose. The website is www.rotalis.biz - most of the issues have been with the pram, the site - apart from forgetting to post the last replacement - have been pretty good.

oh hon, i can't believe how bad that company has been, it must be so scary when the pram breaks :hugs:
have you thought about the quinnys or a maxi cosi one? i adore the maxi cosi systems (i have a bugaboo so not much help :blush:) but here's the link to all the parent facing pushchairs on mothercare, might be a good place to start looking, hope its sorted asap x
https://www.mothercare.com/b/189188031/277-8240455-5555463?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core

we have the maxicosi mura 3 and its fab... does all the things u are asking for too. thats shocking about the other one!

Argh you poor thing, I would be going mental:growlmad:

This one is fab babe....I tried and tested some pushchairs for a week each with Mervsmum, Aliceandbump and this was my favourite. It also converts into a carrycot too and sits both ways....tis wonderful:thumbup:

https://www.mothercare.com/mychoice-Other-pages/b/195504031

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->