• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram reccomendations

HBGirl

Reaction score
DH and I are starting to reasearch prams. I like the Graco Mirage for value for money and looks. I also love the Jeep Baby Liberty.

What do you look for in a pram and what would you suggest along with love and hate on those models?

I thought this thread would help other first timers like me. :)

We quite like the look of the mothercare xpedior but havent properly started looking yet, we had a hauck travel system with callum but I hated it so got a red kite stroller when he was old enough. We'll look more into the xpedior nearer the time xx

We went through quite a few prams with our first - I like to have one with a nice big shopping basket! This time we are being given one so its made the decision very easy:thumbup:

This is the one we have... well my mum is storing it til 12 weeks then ill take it off her hands hehe

https://www.pramworld.co.uk/silver-cross-3d-pram-oxford-grey?gclid=COyokuagibkCFbIPtAodYSIA8Q

I want the mammas and pappas moove :)

This is what they say about the Mirage.

TRAVEL SYSTEMS
Graco Mirage Travel System
The travel system includes the Mirage stroller as well as a
car seat that is cleverly designed to fit all Graco travel
systems. The seat is of excellent quality and is built to be
strapped correctly, facing backwards for ultimate safety. It
can carry babies from birth to around 1 year or 12-13kg.
The car seat is well padded, has a head support feature
and an adjustable five-point harness. The covers come off
easily for washing purposes. As with most car seats
today, it can be used as a carrycot for small babies.
The handles can also be rotated backwards to stabilise
the cot so you can feed your baby, for example.
A clever feature is the indicator on the side of the seat that
shows you if you’ve positioned the car seat at the correct
angle. The seat clips easily onto the stroller, facing mom.
The canopy is large enough to close up the whole seat,
which is handy if baby is sleeping or it’s windy. It’s also
fairly water-resistant.
Weight: 9.8kg
Material: Aluminium
Recline positions: Three positions from upright to flat
Fold ability: Single hand
Manoeuvrability: Excellent

I have got an icandy peach from when I had dd, and I loved it so will be hauling it out of mums loft for this time! I can't wait to use it again, was quite sad when DD outgrew it. Luckily it's a neutral colour.

Off topic but have you looked in to slings/wraps/carriers? We bought a £600 travel system and apart from the car seat (which LO outgrew at 4 months) he was in the pram a grand total of about 5 times as he screamed his lungs out non stop until he was picked up. We got a carrier at 10 weeks (a mei tai from MNS designs on ebay for £25), and still carry him now at 15 months (although he out grew the mei tai at 10 months, so we upgraded to a wrap)! With this one we're not even getting the pram out of the attic!

I have the Britax B-Ready. It is a single stroller that becomes a double when you decide to have your second child. I am in love it and everywhere I go I get stares and compliments from absolutely everyone.

we had a look in kiddicare the weekend, but nothing stood out, so going to pop to the icandy shop and see if theres anything there we like x

Mamas and Papas Sola is what we had with DD1 and is in fab condition now so will use it again, made sure I got the black/grey as we didnt find out what we were having and so as I didnt need to buy 2 prams should it work out that way. You can buy a carrycot to go with it if you wish (we did and this was big enough until around 5/6 months and DD1 slept in this until she was ready for her big cot) but the main seat is from birth. Parent and front facing options and MEGA easy to change, also has adapters that can allow a maxi cosi cabriofix to attach to it.

Love my Sola!!!!

Off topic but have you looked in to slings/wraps/carriers? We bought a £600 travel system and apart from the car seat (which LO outgrew at 4 months) he was in the pram a grand total of about 5 times as he screamed his lungs out non stop until he was picked up. We got a carrier at 10 weeks (a mei tai from MNS designs on ebay for £25), and still carry him now at 15 months (although he out grew the mei tai at 10 months, so we upgraded to a wrap)! With this one we're not even getting the pram out of the attic!

Oh for sure! I have made myself an awesome mei tie. I plan on baby wearing most of the time. The pram is for DH and when we go to lunch or friends so the baby has an all in one system to sleep in. Also for shopping etc when I needs "hands" free moments.

I want a parent facing double (side by side). They are few and far between!

We had the Silver Cross Surf with DD and I absolutely love it! It's so light & easy to manoeuvre, and it looks great too. It is compatible with the Maxi Cosi carseat which you can just click on & off. I can't wait to start using it again for the next one!

Its a minefield out there, so many pros and cons and many you dont find out until you have spend hard earned money on a system.

For me personally, I wont be bothering with a carry-cot this time. It came with the Britax B-smart but we sold it all before dd3 was even 4 months old.
We are thinking of just buying a car seat and using our Out n About with a baby cocoon. And having a carried too.
It take a lot of research to find the right set up for not just the parents but the baby too.
Practical things, not only how it will fit in a car or on public transport but where in your house you will put it when you get in and things. Nothing worse than getting in from a rainstorm and having to park slap bang in the middle of your hall/kitchen/living room with a wet buggy!
How easy is it too wash? Do the accessories cost more than the system?
Its never ending.
Graco have always been a very consistent make in my eyes, from the ones you listed I think I would go for that one.

Also, I've seen and known so many expectant mum who buy prams/systems after the first scan only to find out once baby is here fashions/styles have changed and they hate what the first loved. Hormones they spoil everything lol

Some great points. DH wants to buy NOW. I have told him we need to wait a while.

I'm loving the look of the Hauck systems. they look practical and comfy too... i wouldn't mind being a baby for a little while to be pushed about in one of those bad boys!

p.s. they look like they have quite good storage baskets too, and some have cup holders! lol!

Now I LOVED the carrycot - was lined with soft fleece and so cosy in the winter.

Found a parent facing double. Not many colour options tho https://www.obaby.co.uk/product_details.php?item_id=1797

My advice for first timers is that I used my travel system for about 9 months and then started using a Maclaren stroller, so I would be cautious about spending a lot on first pram.
My babies tend to be big so a lot of the carry cots that come with travel systems wouldn't last me anytime lol!
You may also want to consider a unisex colour if you wanted to get use out of it for a 2nd baby. HTH.

Bum just realised weight limit is 15 kg, that's 33lbs. DS is 26 lbs already.

My advice for first timers is that I used my travel system for about 9 months and then started using a Maclaren stroller, so I would be cautious about spending a lot on first pram.
My babies tend to be big so a lot of the carry cots that come with travel systems wouldn't last me anytime lol!
You may also want to consider a unisex colour if you wanted to get use out of it for a 2nd baby. HTH.

I think we will do the Graco stroller with clip in car seat. I don't really see the need for the carry cot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->