• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

prams?

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
Ok, I've seen sooo many posts about these, but none recently about the kind that I'm looking for. So I'll apologise in advance if it's a bit repetitive/boring :blush:

We live in rural Wales and on a road that doesn't get gritted in the snowy weather. So because of this we want to try and aim for an off road pram that will cope with the snow as we're in the perfect location to be able to walk to my mum's if we can't get the car out (we're both carers for her so need to be able to get to her).

We definitely want

• parent facing option
  • carrycot option for when baby is a new born
  • preferably 3 wheels
  • doesn't need to have a car seat as we've chosen a separate one

And so far on our list to look at we have

• Icandy Peach All Terrain
  • Quinny Buzz Xtra
  • Jane Trider

Are we missing anything that could be added to our list of potentials? Ideally we don't want to go above the price of the Icandy as that really is the top end of our budget as our parents are paying towards the pram and with that we would need to contribute too.

Thanks in advance :D <3

I don't hve any new suggestions for you, but I had the quinny buzz when isaac was a baby and it was awesome. :)

Thank you :)

I should probably add too that we have a dog that we walk in the woods, so wouldn't just need an off road one just for the snow :)

Go for the Buzz Xtra, Not an iCandy. I loved my Buzz but thought I needed a double when I had my DD2 as DD1 wasn't wanting to walk everywhere much. after spending £600 on it, DD1 decided she wanted to walk everywhere but the pram its self was a nightmare, it's unsteady, wheels jam and don't go up a dropped kerb. Uggh so wish I'd never of bought it. I was a Buzz Xtra for new baby so might save up and get one x

I have the icandy peach 2 and love it. However, I tried to walk to my parents house in fairly heavy snow a couple of years a go and gave up. I had to pull it backwards to get home so it probably doesn't fit your requirements.

With the all terrain peach it's a 3 wheel jogger style pram. Is that the same you're on about Ganton?

Definitely don't want to be spending so much if it's going to be doing that on us

I have to ask...is a pram like a special vehicle? I have never heard of it.
We live in a rural area too and it's been hard pushing the stroller on dirt roads and in the forest.

We live in a rural area too and it's been hard pushing the stroller on dirt roads and in the forest.

It's basically like a stroller with a carrycot attachment if that makes sense? I'm not sure I'm describing it properly :blush:

With the all terrain peach it's a 3 wheel jogger style pram. Is that the same you're on about Ganton?

Definitely don't want to be spending so much if it's going to be doing that on us

Oh sorry, ours is just the 4 wheel standard peach. I didn't realise they did an all terrain version. Our peach probably did better than many other prams in the snow, so maybe the all terrain version would do a good job.

We've gone for a bugaboo cameleon but it won't really be used off road, although I will probably get snow wheels for next winter. The best all terrain I had was a phil and teds but I don't think they are great for small babies x

It's basically like a stroller with a carrycot attachment if that makes sense? I'm not sure I'm describing it properly :blush:

Oh I think I know. Carrycot for newborns right? We have these here too or rather most strollers are convertible. I definitely need something sturdy and easy to push!

I love my Stokkes and recently gone from Xplory to Trailz (all terrain) and love it x

Have you looked at Stokke? It's a fantastic brand and I have seen on the fan pages that they

I love the look of the Stokke Trailz but at £1200 from what I can see for the chassis, seat unit and carrycot it's way over our top mark :nope:

Sorry posted before I have finished. What I meant is on their fan page they have a lot of people talking of off road prams maybe worth looking into.

Here on the west coast in Canada, the BOB stroller is immensely popular. I don't know the brands mentioned by previous posts. I have a 1 St generation BOB jogging stroller I take on trails. It's 3 wheels and the are big wheels, so they glide over rocks easier and never get stuck really. The front wheel is locked, which help when surface is uneven! I believe those two features are important fr ofroading prams. Good luck with yr search!

Honestly they may claim to be all terrain but there not. They are more like "okay for a flat dirt path" but iv not seen any that stand up to snow or proper forest paths.

Bugaboo Buffalo (though it's 4 wheels and I haven't used it myself).

We have the Quinny buzz (not sure what the difference with the xtra is) and I hated it! THE most unstable buggy ever, would even try off-roading with it.
Otherwise all other off-road 3 wheelers I know don't take a carrycot (Bob, Mountain buggy). Well, as far as I'm aware they don't. And I'm not sure they have the parent facing option either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->