pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

I'm so happy both of your pregnancies are going well! And Megan I'm glad youre doing better with the antihistamines. @WinterBub I can't believe you're only two weeks away from starting!! Looks like we are going to be IVF buddies after all.

We had our base ultrasound this morning, my endometrium looks fine and I have 14 antral follicles! We just bought the medication, I'll be starting the injections in 4 days :D .

Regarding the severe male factor there's no way at this point to tell whether it will influence negatively the results of this cycle, but at least he could freeze some sperm in case there's a really terrible sample the day of the retrieval. Right now we are very happy and feeling confident, I hope we can have at least 3-4 good looking blasts[-o<.

That's so exciting! Keep us updated while you are doing your stims. I'm so excited for you and look forward to hearing the results of your retrieval and fertilization report.

How exciting, elencor! Please let us know how everything goes :)

Hi!!
I've been doing stims for three days now, this morning I had my first follow up sonogram, and everthing looks great!! the 14 follicles are doing great growing up equally. so much that Im most likely just going to need 4 more stims, and if all goes alright surgery will be next Thursday! I'm very very happy right now. As for symptoms, I've been feeling completely normal until a couple hours ago that I started feeling uncomfortable and also have some kind of vaginal cramps that are worrying me a little bit. I feel too "full" For only 3 days of stims but maybe it's just that the pelvic area feels uncomfortable because of the vaginal sonogram, I'm going to try to relax and not assume the worst.
How are you doing @WinterBub ? ? When do you start?
Hugs:hugs:

That's wonderful news, Elencor! Glad that you're responding well and everything is looking so good!! ❤️ Are you planning a fresh transfer a few days after the retrieval?

I am trying to get in touch with my RE to see what my plan will be. Looks like my cycle is starting today, and it is a long weekend. FX it would be ok to do my baseline scan on Tuesday (potentially CD4 by that point). [-o<

What days of your cycle did you all do the baseline bloods/scan?

Thank you both ❤️
I was on the pill so I had the baseline scan the day after taking the last pill, and started stims 4 days later. When on the pill it doesn't matter when the period start, you just have to leave 5 days from the last pill to the injections.
I've read in a couple of online sites that ovarian stimulation has to start on CD 1-4 , so maybe you'll be staring this Tuesday?! That's exciting, good luck please keep us informed.

Can I ask a question? It's stupid because I'm sure my doctor told me but I can't remember and I see contradicting information online: can you have sex during the ovarian stimulation??

Thank you both ❤️
I was on the pill so I had the baseline scan the day after taking the last pill, and started stims 4 days later. When on the pill it doesn't matter when the period start, you just have to leave 5 days from the last pill to the injections.
I've read in a couple of online sites that ovarian stimulation has to start on CD 1-4 , so maybe you'll be staring this Tuesday?! That's exciting, good luck please keep us informed.

Can I ask a question? It's stupid because I'm sure my doctor told me but I can't remember and I see contradicting information online: can you have sex during the ovarian stimulation??
That's fantastic! I'm glad your sims are going well :) It's so exciting that your retrieval will be soon. I was told to avoid sex during the whole stimulations/retrieval process. You also want to avoid any strenuous physical activity because of risk of ovarian torsion.

That's wonderful news, Elencor! Glad that you're responding well and everything is looking so good!! ❤️ Are you planning a fresh transfer a few days after the retrieval?

I am trying to get in touch with my RE to see what my plan will be. Looks like my cycle is starting today, and it is a long weekend. FX it would be ok to do my baseline scan on Tuesday (potentially CD4 by that point). [-o<

What days of your cycle did you all do the baseline bloods/scan?
woohoo, you'll be starting so soon! If I remember correctly, my baseline scan was around cycle day 3, but it can be a day before or behind because of the holiday :)

I had my 17 week scan today and baby girl is looking good and measuring right on point :) She is SO active, they had a hard time recording her heart rate but it's looking to be around 145 bpm :). She was rolling around a whole lot. They did manage to capture a couple of terrifying pictures of her looking right at the camera . Next appointment is our big anatomy scan in 4 weeks. I can't believe I'm almost half way through this pregnancy! I'm so excited for all of you to be starting stims/prepping for egg retrievals!

@Nima how are you feeling these days?

IMG_2806.jpeg IMG_2807.jpg

Thank you for the feedback! I got onto my clinic, and will likely be coming in Tuesday morning. It doesn't seem real, to be honest! This all started a year and a half ago, so it has taken a long time, and I won't believe it is happening until it is!

I was told no sex, elencor. I wasn't told why, but they said nothing until you've had a period after the retrieval. And like Megan said, they said nothing strenuous- for exercise, it seemed like only walking was ok.

That's all so lovely, Megan! I can't believe that you're already so far along- other people's pregnancies reeeeeeally fly by! ;) It is lovely to hear that you're doing well, and that little CC is too! ❤️ The anatomy scan is really amazing- unbelievable how much detail they can see.

So good, the good news are just flying around here from all directions!

@WinterBub ,I also did my scan on cd3. I'm glad you can go in on Tuesday.

@Megan0625 so amazing! It's really going by so fast, I hope you have time to enjoy this. Can you already feel her movements?

@elencor keep us updated, I am so excited for you.

I'm doing well too. Almost no pregnancy symptoms but it seems like I'm just lucky so at a certain point I have to stop freaking out and thank my good fortune... I did have a light bleed a week ago but it's gone now and I hope it won't come back. I have another scan in 3 weeks so that's also good. And then the 1st trip will be over finally. Have a beautiful weekend, friends!

Oh and I forgot to tell you that I am already 4 days off progesterone, which took a lot of courage to stop, and it feels so good, not having to think about it twice a day.

So great @Nima :D it must be scary to stop the progesterone. Looking forward to know whether it's a boy or a girl :lol: youre so close to the second trimester now, that's so exciting!!

Today was a very weird day. My parents came to have lunch with us, I told them we're having fertility problems and that we are about to do ivf. It was really weird, on the one hand I regret telling them a little bit since my father seemed a bit uncomfortable. On the other I learned my parents actually tried ivf back in the day (they went through a very long infertility journey) I'm not even 100% certain whether I'm myself an ivf baby or not, it wasn't clear from their story :rofl:. I don't really know how to feel.

Also I've decided I'm going to do bed rest from now to the next appointment on Tuesday since I have pelvic pain and a bit of abdominal distension and I'm not feeling great. Everything feels so weird atm lol:rofl:

So great @Nima :D it must be scary to stop the progesterone. Looking forward to know whether it's a boy or a girl :lol: youre so close to the second trimester now, that's so exciting!!

Today was a very weird day. My parents came to have lunch with us, I told them we're having fertility problems and that we are about to do ivf. It was really weird, on the one hand I regret telling them a little bit since my father seemed a bit uncomfortable. On the other I learned my parents actually tried ivf back in the day (they went through a very long infertility journey) I'm not even 100% certain whether I'm myself an ivf baby or not, it wasn't clear from their story :rofl:. I don't really know how to feel.

Also I've decided I'm going to do bed rest from now to the next appointment on Tuesday since I have pelvic pain and a bit of abdominal distension and I'm not feeling great. Everything feels so weird atm lol:rofl:
Wow what a discovery with your parents! So interesting they never mentioned it to you before.

I am also really curious to know the gender. Not that it matters, but it somehow makes it more real and easier to imagine. I will be happy with either though. I am probably going to do nipt screening but it hurts my pocket to pay 100euro more just to know the gender, which we'll know a few weeks later anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->