• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Thank you guys your comments really warmed my heart and made me feel better :hugs:

Hi all! I'm still anxiously waiting on my NIPT results, I'm hoping to hear back today! :) On another note, I am 14 weeks tomorrow! That means I'm entering the second trimester! I'm hoping that means the nausea and sore bbs will ease up soon. Unfortunately, the insomnia has already started! I'm constantly fatigued and exhausted so I can fall asleep easily during the day, but when I get up to pee in the middle of the night (I'm having to get up at least 2 times a night at this point), I unfortunately can't go back to sleep . So I've had frequent nights waking up at 3:15 to go to the bathroom and staying awake until around 5:30 and then my alarm goes off around 6:30.

How are all you ladies doing? @Nima how are you feeling?

That's so exciting, Megan! Did you end up getting your results? :) Are you anxious or worried about things and that's keeping you up at night? Or is it a physical thing? I'd imagine there are different approaches to try and help depending on why it is happening!

I'm bummed- we're wanting to start IVF in September, and the earlier in September, the better for work reasons. So, of course it's now CD day 12 of the cycle before and there's no sign of ovulation. I've been using a clear blue fertility monitor and I usually have the first sign (estrogen surge) really early in my cycle. But of course, this month nothing has happened yet. Sigh. I've been working out quite a lot and am wondering if that's the cause. Will stop for a week and see if my stupid body kicks into gear.

How are you going, @Nima? Are you feeling better about everything?

And thinking of you @elencor. Would love to hear how you're doing whenever you're ready to share more about how you guys are going and what the doctor has told you.

@WinterBub oh that's so stressful, I really understand you. You just want things to be clear for once and then something changes and you feel like you can't trust your body... sorry. I hope you'll ovulate soon.

@Megan0625 14 weeks! Amazing. Looking forward to hearing about your nipt results.

I am still very stressed but it's kind of the new normal... I hope I'll get an appointment soon and be able to see a good heartbeat. I don't feel pregnant at all. Only sore boobs but nothing else. It worries me although I know it's possible.

My body letting me down is what lead me to IVF, so this is a bit of an open wound, and it is really frustrating when anything not completely "normal" happens. Sigh. But It's ok- I'm slowly learning/relearning that I can't control everything.

I'm sorry that stressed out is your new normal, Nima. Try to think positive, and don't let those worried feelings get you down. It is really hard to get out of that mindset, so I hope that you are reassured at your next scan, and can let some of that worry go and enjoy a very healthy/normal/boring pregnancy after that! ;)

Hi everybody! I actually don't have the NIPT results yet, but I did go in for a 3D gender ultrasound over the weekend and I did find out we are having a little girl <3. We are so excited :). Her name is Clarke Christine (CC). She was so active during our ultrasound and she sure loves to be upside down lol. We have pictures of her little legs completely stretched out, she was punching and kicking like crazy. We got a recording of her heartbeat and put it in a stuffed bunny so we can listen to her heartbeat any time we want <3. I'm hoping to have the NIPT results today or tomorrow so we can have information about any potential chromosomal abnormalities.

@WinterBub I'm sorry, I know how frustrating it is when it feels like your body is failing you. I totally understand how hard it is when things feel out of control. I've felt like that so many times throughout the fertility journey. I hope you ovulate soon!

@Nima I totally understand the anxiety. I'm in the second trimester now and still feel full of anxiety and question every little pain or symptom that I feel. I have to keep myself from calling my OB constantly. Early on in pregnancy, I actually had almost no symptoms, just sore boobs and I felt a little more tired than normal. I also had a little spotting off and on which completely panicked me (I think I had delayed implantation bleeding and then bled from my early ultrasounds). Then I started getting morning sickness around 9 weeks and that hasn't gone away. My mom had absolutely no symptoms during 3/4 of her pregnancies, so it can be totally normal! I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about the symptoms. Even with the fatigue and bloating, I never really felt pregnant early on, if I didn't have the ultrasounds I wouldn't have believed I was pregnant.

@Megan0625 congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear that, and she has a beautiful name :hugs: I hope you get the results soon, I'm sure they'll be great!

@WinterBub I'm sorry I know the feeling, last month I had a terrible intermenstrual bleeding and I ovulated late and my period ended up coming 8 days late, it was all very annoying and like why does my body have to fail me and mess with me just about to start the IVF?? I hope you ovulate very soon and of course that you can continue with the process without any more problems. Please keep us posted :hugs:

@Nima im sorry you're feeling stressed, to be honest I would probably be worried sick every day if I was pregnant, I see people talking about bleeding, and reduced fetal movement and all that and I honestly think I'd be crying everyday lol, but I think your pregnancy is going to go really well, hope you have your next scan soon! How many weeks along are you??

AFM, my husband had another seminogram, and it went great! I mean, it's still a lot worse than last year's, but it had by far enough good sperm as to have ICSI done. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties it couldn't be frozen, but if all goes well we'll be freezing sperm in a few days. I hope this new seminogram is also enough, but anyway we are sooo relieved he does have still some mobile and normal sperm!! If all goes well I'll start the ovarian stimulation in 2 weeks!! I can't believe it.

@Megan0625 congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear that, and she has a beautiful name :hugs: I hope you get the results soon, I'm sure they'll be great!

@WinterBub I'm sorry I know the feeling, last month I had a terrible intermenstrual bleeding and I ovulated late and my period ended up coming 8 days late, it was all very annoying and like why does my body have to fail me and mess with me just about to start the IVF?? I hope you ovulate very soon and of course that you can continue with the process without any more problems. Please keep us posted :hugs:

@Nima im sorry you're feeling stressed, to be honest I would probably be worried sick every day if I was pregnant, I see people talking about bleeding, and reduced fetal movement and all that and I honestly think I'd be crying everyday lol, but I think your pregnancy is going to go really well, hope you have your next scan soon! How many weeks along are you??

AFM, my husband had another seminogram, and it went great! I mean, it's still a lot worse than last year's, but it had by far enough good sperm as to have ICSI done. Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties it couldn't be frozen, but if all goes well we'll be freezing sperm in a few days. I hope this new seminogram is also enough, but anyway we are sooo relieved he does have still some mobile and normal sperm!! If all goes well I'll start the ovarian stimulation in 2 weeks!! I can't believe it.
That's fantastic news! I'm so glad the seminogram went well. Yes, for ICSI, they really only need a few good mobile sperm. Two weeks will go by so fast and you will be starting stims before you know it! I'm so excited for you :)

Update: just got my NIPT results back and I'm low risk for all the chromosomal abnormalities tested for, included Down Syndrome :). And of course, it also confirmed we are having a little girl <3

Congratulations, Megan! That's so exciting!! Wishing you and baby Clarke a very easy rest of your pregnancy. Love her name! ❤️ I'm sure that your NIPT results will be all great. It is so nice to hear all your news :)

Elencor- that's wonderful news!!!! I'm so glad that things are looking more positive, and you'll most likely be able to proceed in a couple of weeks! ❤️

Hi everybody! I actually don't have the NIPT results yet, but I did go in for a 3D gender ultrasound over the weekend and I did find out we are having a little girl <3. We are so excited :). Her name is Clarke Christine (CC). She was so active during our ultrasound and she sure loves to be upside down lol. We have pictures of her little legs completely stretched out, she was punching and kicking like crazy. We got a recording of her heartbeat and put it in a stuffed bunny so we can listen to her heartbeat any time we want <3. I'm hoping to have the NIPT results today or tomorrow so we can have information about any potential chromosomal abnormalities.

@WinterBub I'm sorry, I know how frustrating it is when it feels like your body is failing you. I totally understand how hard it is when things feel out of control. I've felt like that so many times throughout the fertility journey. I hope you ovulate soon!

@Nima I totally understand the anxiety. I'm in the second trimester now and still feel full of anxiety and question every little pain or symptom that I feel. I have to keep myself from calling my OB constantly. Early on in pregnancy, I actually had almost no symptoms, just sore boobs and I felt a little more tired than normal. I also had a little spotting off and on which completely panicked me (I think I had delayed implantation bleeding and then bled from my early ultrasounds). Then I started getting morning sickness around 9 weeks and that hasn't gone away. My mom had absolutely no symptoms during 3/4 of her pregnancies, so it can be totally normal! I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry about the symptoms. Even with the fatigue and bloating, I never really felt pregnant early on, if I didn't have the ultrasounds I wouldn't have believed I was pregnant.
Thank you, that is so reassuring to read. I think I am only comparing to my pregnancy with my daughter and I had nausea from week 5 till birth so I was expecting the same, but it doesn't have to be that way.

CC has a beautiful name and I hope you get the results soon and can be calm and happy. I am so happy for you and feel honored to be with you (even if only virtually) on this journey of bringing her into this world.

This is amazing! So so happy for you, my heart is jumping in joy!

(I am 6w3d today)

Update: just got my NIPT results back and I'm low risk for all the chromosomal abnormalities tested for, included Down Syndrome :). And of course, it also confirmed we are having a little girl <3
So great! What a relief.

Hi all, how is everybody doing this week? My morning sickness is finally easing up, I have officially gone 2 days without vomiting first thing in the morning! Small victory lol. I've also been craving lots of French fries and slushies, of course I am not craving anything healthy! Unfortunately, I do have some sort of cold or sinus infection, possibly just a bad allergy flareup that I've been dealing with. It's just really bad sinus congestion and lots of sneezing, sinus headaches, and pressure in my ears. I've been trying to cope with it naturally to avoid medication but the OB said I can take Sudafed so I'm going to try that tonight because these sinus headaches and congestion are killing me! I wouldn't be surprised if it's just bad allergies because we have had a lot of wind and dust storms here in Arizona with our monsoon season, but it's enough to drive me crazy.

@Nima do you have any updated scans planned?

Thanks for asking @Megan0625 :) I'm doing well. Yesterday I had a scan and baby measured just right and had a heartbeat of 150bpm so all is good. It was so reassuring to see and hear it.

I hope you feel better soon, maybe try and take a low dose antihistamine? These are allowed in pregnancy and might help if it is allergy.

That's great news, nima! So glad that baby is looking good ❤️ I hope that you can relax and enjoy things now that you've seen everything is going just as it should :)

I hope that you can fix the headache issue, Megan! It sounds miserable :( I believe they suggest B6 and Unisom(?) for morning sickness... Maybe ask your ob if that's an option, as like Nima suggested, it could work on multiple fronts for you!

How did you both feel day to day on the stims/before/after egg retrieval? I finally ovulated and should be starting in under 2 weeks! Excited, and nervous. Just wondering what the day to day is like, as it really helps me not to freak out about things if I know what to expect!

@Nima That's so fantastic! I'm so glad baby is measuring properly and had a nice strong heartbeat :) You've got to feel so much better. And yes, I started taking an antihistamine yesterday (Zyrtec) to see if it will help. I'm feeling slightly less congested so I think I'll start feeling a lot better in the next few days, it's just been so uncomfortable.

@WinterBub I didn't really start having side effects from the stims until very close to the egg retrieval honestly. For the most part, I had just some mild pain and itchiness at the injection site for the first few days. I'm not sure if you will be prescribed cetrotide, but I had a really unpleasant skin reaction to that medication where I would have a softball-sized welt at the injection site for about 12 hours at a time. It would burn and itch and the nurses said it was a super common reaction. I found that that reaction was much more mild if I left the needle under my skin for at least 10 seconds and then pulled it out slowly. It has to do with preventing any of the cetrotide from getting into the surface layers of your skin. Cetrotide isn't prescribed usually until later on (about 5 days after start of injections) and it helps prevent ovulation from happening. Other than that medication, I just started having a bit of mood swings close to the egg retrieval and lots of ovarian soreness and some bloating! I get regular ovulation cramps every month so I knew I was susceptible to those types of cramps, so with 36 growing follicles, I was SORE! My ovaries were massive by the time I was done with injections so I honestly was so excited to get some of those eggs retrieved lol. Overall, I didn't have a ton of side effects from the meds though :) I was able to do my normal day to day functions just fine, even up until the egg retrieval. None of it was horrible pain, just a little discomfort and heaviness. I'm so excited for you that you will be starting stims in just under 2 weeks! :)

@Megan0625 I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, hope it's much better soon.

@WinterBub I felt similar to Megan. I think the first week or so was really easy, afterwards I was bloated, sore, and also had some palpitations which were very unpleasant. The day or two before retrieval were like this but before I could do everything as normal.

Thank you, ladies! Good to know that hopefully it will only be a few tough days leading up to and after the retrieval. :) And so happy for you both that this journey has lead to two lovely babies! Hope to join you soon :)

@elencor How are you doing? Any further news on how things are going for you and your OH? I've been thinking of you, and hoping you will be able to go ahead with your retrieval in September :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"