pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Megan that 4D picture is so beautiful!! That’s so exciting!

@WinterBub I love Nameberry too! I’ve been visiting that forum for years, but the popularity and appreciation of names is very different from country to country and it’s difficult to find there Spanish names that are appropriate in my area. I love names since forever but now that it’s time to find a real name for a real baby it’s very difficult lol, we still don’t have any idea which name we are going to use lol.
@Nima we are trying to do just that, making a list and hoping it becomes shorter with time.

I got a new job, it’s a very exciting opportunity and the conditions are great , but it’s 2 hours away from my house, so I’ll have to move there from Monday to Friday, I’ll start in a couple of weeks. The good thing is I’ll only have to work there for 2 months , then I’ll get the work leave and will come back home. They have a very strict policy that I get a 100% paid pregnancy leave because of the risks at 24 weeks pregnant.

I hope you all are doing great :hugs:
That's great that you got a new job! :) I know how stressful that must have been. I'm 30 weeks pregnant now and am counting down the days until my maternity leave from work. I'm not starting my leave until the week before she is due but my boss is super understanding and wants me to exclusively work from home starting in January, so I have been super busy trying to get things done at work so I can be prepared to work remotely. I'm 30 weeks pregnant as of Saturday so I'm definitely getting sore, tired, and am barely getting more than a few hours of sleep. Other than that, I'm doing well! Some days are just more physically draining than other days. We had our maternity photoshoot over the weekend, I have my 30 week doctor's appointment tomorrow, and we have a baby shower this coming Saturday, along with all my work duties right now.

I hope everybody else is doing well!!

@elencor that's really great news. Sounds like you found a really good opportunity and starting maternity leave early is a huge advantage.

@Megan0625 you are so far along! Hope you have time to enjoy all the plans, it sounds busy but also good.

@WinterBub thinking of you! How have you been doing?

I am down with a serious cold but starting to get out of it finally. Being sick with a toddler isn't fun. But the little one seems to be ok, kicking and moving around all the time.

Megan todays your baby shower! Have a lot of fun and tell us how it goes! I hope your 30 week appointment went great.
Nima I’m sorry you’re sick, I hope you are feeling better now!

Thank you everybody! It was a beautiful day! Our maternity photos turned out absolutely beautiful and our shower was great! I'm so appreciative of my family who all worked so hard to make the shower perfect. We definitely feel very loved and are so blessed to have such a huge support system, including you ladies :).

@Nima I hope you are feeling better! A ton of my family around me have nasty colds right now (all tested negative for COVID thankfully).

Hi all!

Glad to hear that you had a good job offer, elencor :)

And i am so had that you had a beautiful baby shower, Megan. How lovely that so many people are excited to meet your little girl! ❤️

Hope you're doing well too, Nima how many weeks are you now? Any luck name hunting?

Nothing too much going on here- still just suppressing my system, and will find out more shortly. Still hopeful for a January transfer, but feeling a bit burnt on the whole thing as I didn't expect drama and delays last time!

Winterbub I was just thinking about you yesterday and hoped everything is ok. Delays are so annoying, especially when you're so close now to being pregnant. I hope you can do a transfer in January.

I am well again and feeling really pregnant by now. I'm 24 weeks today. I started this process with the hypnobirthing therapist and she's wonderful. I feel like it makes everything more present too.

I cant believe that youre 24 weeks already! That has gone so fast (easy to say as the not pregnant person :rofl:). How is your name search going? Did you say that you wanted a Hebrew name?

I cant believe that youre 24 weeks already! That has gone so fast (easy to say as the not pregnant person :rofl:). How is your name search going? Did you say that you wanted a Hebrew name?
It went by quickly also for the pregnant person :)
I think we'll stick to the name I had thought of from the very beginning, and my family will get used to it. I just can't imagine any other name for this baby, it's like the pregnancy started with a name...

So cute, Nima! Does he look like your daughter?

Merry Christmas to you all!

So cute, Nima! Does he look like your daughter?

Merry Christmas to you all!
Thank you! No idea if he looks like her, he looks so funny and squashed in there... this week I started feeling so much pressure on my right ribs, I think he is starting to have less space there.

So cute! I hope he's not going you too much of a hard time just yet!! And it will be so interesting to see if he looks like your daughter. I just find all of that stuff so interesting. The science aspect of IVF is pretty mind blowing, too!

I had a monitoring appointment today, and all is looking good so far. Should start progesterone injections around the 3rd or 4th and tentatively scheduled to transfer Jan 9!
How many days of PIO did y'all do before the transfer?

Wow that's so exciting WinterBub! Finally! I'm very happy for you.
We did a 3 day fresh transfer so we had only the 2 days after the pick up and until 8 weeks of progesterone, but no shots only vaginal.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody! It's been a while since I've been on here, I've just been so busy with the holidays and preparing for the arrival of our little one <3. I'm 34 weeks + 4 days pregnant and starting to get super uncomfortable! I've been having more Braxton hicks contractions, wake up 4-5x a night to go to the bathroom, and am waddling everywhere lol. I'm feeling super tired as the pregnancy insomnia is in full swing, but I've been trying to take Unisom to help me sleep at night, which helps a lot! Our girl is constantly kicking my ribs and I frequently wake up out of breath, so she's definitely running out of space in there. We have our growth scan on January 6 so I'm super excited to see how big she has gotten and to make sure she's developing properly. Pregnancy went super fast up until around 30 weeks and it's going so slow now! We've been doing some preparations around the house like washing her newborn and 0-3mo clothes (we will be washing her blankets and sheets as time gets closer too). We have her stroller put together and will be installing the carseat bases next week just in case she decides to come early. I've been nesting like crazy but the problem is my feet hurt so bad, I can barely stand to do anything!

@Nima what a beautiful ultrasound photo!

@WinterBub I'm so excited for you! That's approaching so soon! And as far as PIO goes, I honestly don't remember how long I did the shots before the transfer. I feel like I started the injections just a few days before and then continued until I was 10 weeks pregnant. Luckily I had no suppositories though.

I just had my growth scan and here is a picture of our baby girl <3. She's got the cutest chubby cheeks and is HUGE. She's measuring in the 95th percentile and they are estimating she is already weighing 7lb 8oz and I'm 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow! It was amazing to see her practicing breathing on her own and she was doing lots of yoga poses and holding her little feet and toes. She is head down and they did say her head was extremely low in my pelvis, pressed right up against my cervix, so no wonder I've been uncomfortable lately! We are doing a repeat scan in a couple of weeks to see how much more she grows because we will discuss c-sections if she gets too big, but for now everything's looking great! I hope you all are doing well!

IMG_4749.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->