pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Glad your trip is going well, Nima! I never asked- how did you end up moving from Israel to Switzerland? (And feel free to ignore if that's too personal or identifying for the internet!) I would love to see Israel- i used to have a colleague who went a lot. Her husband had family in Haifa and TelAviv (if I remember correctly...) Anyway, hope you're having fun!

Hi Elencor! Good to hear from you! And I'm so happy that your new job sounds good. I think you were just told a "suspected" sex at an earlier scan. Have you confirmed?! The 20 week scan is amazing. In the US, that seems to be considered a real turning point. Ie. We were asked to pay for the portion of the birth we'd owe the OB then. :lol: That's so exciting that you're going to be able to nest and set up!

Sorry that you're having trouble working out when to start maternity leave, Megan. It is hard, because obviously you want to maximize time off after the birth vs before. Will your partner get any leave? I hope that these last few weeks are easy on you, and you feel confident going into the birth. I felt like I was nervous in the early 30 weeks, but then you get so big and uncomfortable, that you want it to happen/realize it is going to have to! :lol: I'm sure that you'll do great when the time comes.

AFM- I was testing daily, and the tests are getting darker. But I've decided to sort of take a step back. I was overanalyzing every little element, and that was driving me nuts. Ie. I was convinced one line was lighter than the day before, but By the time it dried, it was way darker. That's also why I have stepped back from the internet. I actually am surprised at how anxious I feel. I thought that knowing the baby was tested would mean no stress, but of course, there's still things to worry about! There always are! Will have my first beta on Monday, and I'm not sure what after that. I assume more betas and an ultrasound at some point, but not sure when that will be. I feel like I'll be feeling much better after a good scan, and when I get to the end of first tri. I'll probably still do the NIPT, too.
I totally understand needing to step back! I was testing daily and analyzing line progression and would panic if the lines didn't look much darker the next day and was googling symptoms and it all just created so much anxiety that I couldn't enjoy it at first. I felt like a huge weight was lifted after the first scan. We are here when you are ready :)

And yes, I get 12 weeks of paid leave and my partner is taking 5 weeks of half pay. Not ideal but much better than nothing! I definitely want her to have the opportunity to bond and help as well. My MIL is coming to visit from 3/1-3/8 so she can help us with laundry and household chores and meet and bond with her grand baby, so we are thankful for that too :) I've definitely reached the stage of being so uncomfortable that I want her to come out lol. I absolutely could not sleep last night, my abdomen hurts every time I roll over or move, I'm waddling everywhere because of the pelvic pressure and I'm feeling very crampy. I've gained about 38 pounds so most of my maternity clothes don't really fit comfortably at this point so I'm living in sweats and leggings. I've lost part of my mucus plug so I do think she will be coming pretty soon but it's hard to say! I have the group B strep test and cervical check on Monday (1/23), along with a repeat growth scan, so I'm definitely curious about that!

I haven't tested since Tuesday, but did this morning and got a dye stealer. =D>...but I've been having some pain around my csection scar/off to my right side, and am now worried about it being an ectopic or even worse, that it would have implanted in my scar. :sad2: Hopefully not, as I assume the embryo was dropped off in the "best" spot, but all the anxiety I thought would be gone with IVF is instead just about worrying about other issues. :nope:

Anyway- have my beta early tomorrow and then a telemed appointment a few hours later, so will ask them tomorrow. Any prayers, thoughts, good vibes sent my way are very appreciated! Not sure when my first scan would be. Hopefully soon, even if they wouldn't see anything other than a sac. When did you get your first scan? My beta will be at 14dp5dt.

5 weeks at half pay is pretty good for your partner, Megan! I think my husband is only entitled to two weeks. That's lovely that your MIL is coming. I'm sure it will be so nice to have that support! 38lb seems decent to me. I gained 60lb with my first (don't recommend that, but also really couldn't stop it!). I really hope that you get to meet your little girl very soon! :)

Switzerland is lovely, Nima! I'm glad that love brought you to a lovely corner of the world!! And nice in this day and age that travel is fairly affordable etc, so you can visit. It is hard to imagine what moving countries meant 50/75/100 years ago! Glad you're enjoying your trip :)

@WinterBub many prayers and thought your way. I think it's most probably just pain from stretching, because your uterus is growing so fast now, and the scar isn'tused to that and isn'tas stretchy. But I hope you get a very early scan that can ease your mind.

Best wishes going your way @WinterBub ❤️ I remember I had strong cramps and stabbing intense pains until I made it to 6 weeks more or less, I was so relieved when they saw the sac in the right place. I had my first ultrasound at only 5 weeks 3days if I remember correctly, they only saw the sac and the yolk sac, then at 7 weeks 4 days I had another one when we saw the heartbeat, and they discharged me from the clinic. I hope it’s the same for you and it’s not ectopic!

And yes, it was confirmed this baby is a boy ❤️ we still don’t have a name but are getting close, we just have to choose between two names now. Btw I forgot to tell you, I’ve been feeling the kicks of the baby for the past week or so, it’s so beautiful! On the downside I’ve been having contractions for the past 48h. They don’t hurt at all so I’m guessing it’s normal but I’m a bit anxious about it.

@Nima Switzerland is so beautiful, I lived in Germany for a year when I was in college and actually we are debating about moving to France/Germany/Switzerland sometime in the next couple of years, but we’ll see, it’s difficult because I don’t really speak German, I do speak French but it is Germany and Switzerland the ones that have the better jobs and life quality in my opinion.

Thank you for the support, ladies! ❤️ I suspect it is just stretching, but I truly forgot how scary early pregnancy is/how an IVF pregnancy isn't magically going to run perfectly and things can still happen! I will definitely let you know what the doctor says. I'm very eager to have that first scan, and have all be normal. This has been a long journey.

Congrats on your little boy, elencor! ❤️ and good luck deciding on his name! Though if you're down to two options, it sounds like you're set! You can even wait to see him to make your final choice. I love baby names/naming! And re: moving. Are there job options in Geneva?!

@elencor so great you can feel baby now! It's the most reassuring feeling, I find.
Make sure to drink enough water and rest enough, I found d it very helpful with those early contractions. Do you feel your whole belly getting hard or just a part of it? My midwife said it's a way to distinguish between real ones and practice contractions.

BTW you can get by very well in Switzerland with French, just live in a French speaking canton and you are at home. (We live on the border between two languages (French and German) so many people speak both as their native languages).

And don't be afraid to call your doctor, elencor! At least here they have nurses who will ask questions and let know whether the contractions are normal or beyond what's normal. I definitely had Braxton Hicks for a looooooong time, bit don't remember when they started.

Thank you guys ❤️ I ended up going to the emergency room this morning because I kept having contractions and was starting to freak out. They said it’s not normal to have contractions this early, but eberything looks normal. They measured my cervix and it’s ok, and I don’t have an UTI, so I just have to take it easy and rest a bit for a couple of days, hopefully the contractions will stop

Oh no, elencor. Sorry to hear that things picked up, though glad that you sought help :hugs:Did they offer any insight into why it might be happening? I do know that Bacterial Vaginosis can cause issues like that- look it up just in case you've had any weird symptoms that would fit that description. Do you see a gynecologist every month in Spain? Will your doctor see you today?

I got my beta back, and it was 1330 (I believe... Was writing down what was said over the phone). So that number is 14dp5dt. Clinic was very happy with that number. Go back in Wednesday for a second draw. Apparently I won't get a scan for another two weeks, though!

@WinterBub I totally understand why you were worried about ectopic or complications! Early pregnancy is so scary. I remember having very severe pains around my right ovary for a couple of days day before our first scan. I swore it was going to be an ectopic but they said they didn't see anything wrong with my ovary and it was a normal pregnancy :) Just some weird stretching and one of those lovely random pains that happens during pregnancy. That is a great beta! I think that was around the beta I had around 15dpt, so it seems like a fantastic number! I really hated that wait before the first scan though, it is so hard.

@elencor Oh no, I'm sure that was very scary! I'd say just take it easy. Like Winter said, it could be BV causing those problems, pregnant women are especially susceptible. It's good that they thought everything looks normal at least. Hopefully those contractions stop soon, or hopefully they are just Braxton hicks! Those can start early and can be painful for some women. Some of mine have been quite painful.

AFM, this is super unexpected but I'm being induced at 3AM tomorrow morning!! I'm still completely in shock honestly. I went in for a normal OB check yesterday and told them I have been very itchy lately and they were obviously concerned about cholestasis. Unfortunately those blood test results would take too long to come back, so between that and my borderline hypertension, they wanted to induce me sooner rather than later to prevent any issues. I'm also already 2.5cm dilated, baby girl is breathing on her own, and she's measuring 8lbs 2oz as of yesterday. So I got a call this morning to come in at 3AM! So now we have tons of stuff to prepare and I'm going to be deep cleaning our house today. We will be meeting our girl sooner than expected!

What?! Tomorrow?! This is so exciting!!!!! Wishing you the boringest, smoothest birth, Megan. I can't wait to hear that she has arrived! ❤️

What?! Tomorrow?! This is so exciting!!!!! Wishing you the boringest, smoothest birth, Megan. I can't wait to hear that she has arrived! ❤️
Thank you! Yes! Literally 17 hours from now! I am still in shock. I thought I had weeks to prepare but the nurse called me this morning at 9:30 AM and said they were able to schedule me an induction for tomorrow morning at 3AM. Unreal. I'm so excited to meet her but definitely nervous!

Wow @Megan0625 I can't believe she'll be here so soon! Have a good, easy birth and a good start with your little girl. Very excited for you, becoming a mom!

@elencor I hope those conversations go away soon. I did start having them pretty soon too (20 weeks, I think) but mostly when I was sick/tired/dehydrated/stressed or combinations of those...

@WinterBub that's a great beta. Hope the wait for the scan goes quickly. Those first weeks are tough.

Today I ran on the beach with my naked little girl and it was so warm and lovely, I can't imagine we're going back to the snow tomorrow. But we miss being home and mostly we miss my wife, who is also going crazy already. So it's good too.

Wow Megan, that’s amazing!! Wishing you an easy birth ❤️ I’ll be thinking of you today.

And thank you for the advice and good thoughts everyone! I’m better, yesterday I only had like 2 contractions in the whole day, so it seems like they’re going away. And @Nima yes I am definitely tired, Im working a lot and sleeping very little so I hope it’s just that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->