pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

What a beautiful chunky baby, Megan! :cloud9: there's a meme that says something like "every month has 28-31 days, except for the final month of pregnancy which has 1,009,877" :rofl: she will be here before you know it! Glad to hear that all is looking good. I had a c/s, and have no regrets. The recovery seemed much easier than from a vaginal birth!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM- transfer will be on Monday!!! I cant believe it. It's almost two years since my first lost pregnancy. I just feel very weird about all of it. My husband is sure it will take, so i hope he is right!

Beautiful photo! She'll be here before you know it :)

@Megan0625 she looks lovely! Don't forget the estimates have about a 10% margin of error (and even a bigger margin when the baby is eitherin the low or high percetiles), so take them with a grain of salt and go with what you feel is right for you. Doctors have a tendency to go for the interventional option, but it's not always the right one. Whatever you decide, soon you'll meet her! So exciting.

@WinterBub I will be thinking of you tomorrow and pray for a successful transfer and easy nesting in for you little embryo. Good luck!

Afm I am doing well, managed to be very active and eat well in the last 2 months and I'm feeling light and fit. I am also very positive about the birth and generally feel well, except for my 2.5 yo who is dry nursing and hurting my boobs, but I don't have it in me to wean her now...

@Nima Yes, I'm still totally planning on a vaginal birth and realize she may not be as big as the ultrasounds predict :) I'm hoping she isn't that big, I'd like her to get some use out of at least a few of the newborn clothes we have prepared for her, but I really just want her healthy :). Regardless, I can't believe I will be meeting her so soon! I honestly hope I don't go all the way to 40 weeks or beyond because I'm already so uncomfortable. The pelvic pressure is so bad some days and I've been getting so many Braxton Hicks contractions. We babysat our friend's baby yesterday to "practice" at home and we are just so excited.

@WinterBub I hope your transfer goes so smoothly! I'm so excited for you!!! :)

That's amazing that you're feeling good, and eating well, Nima. I'd love some healthy recipes ideas!! I dropped weight when on suppressant meds, and then it all came back on as soon as I started the estrogen and progesterone for the FET #-odo you intend to tandem feed? If no, then I'd really suggest weaning your daughter sooner rather than later. They seem to 'move on' fairly quickly once you stop, and she will be fine if you feel it is time to wean ❤️ But I'd be worried about jealousy if you try to wean her right before or after the baby comes when she'll have to watch him! Just my two cents- if you want to let her decide when to stop, then rock on, and I hope it will soon be less uncomfortable for you :flower:

Love your excitement, Megan! I'm sure that you will be great parents. And I bet no matter what she will still wear the NB stuff. My friend had an almost 10lb baby :)shock:) and she was still in NB stuff! Probably for a shorter time than a smaller baby, but she didn't come out looking as big as you'd thinker a ten pounder would! :rofl:

Hope you're well, elencor!

AFM- transfer went well yesterday. It was a really weird experience in many ways. I guess I'd been expecting something magical, and it was really just like any medical procedure. It was cool to see the embryo up on the screen before the transfer. I also saw my name on the petri dish, which was reassuring!!!! But, I don't know- I've felt very down today. I can't explain why, just feel kind of bummed. They said my lining was great, but today called to change my instructions and add more estrogen and progesterone. So, I'm worried that that wasn't optimal. I don't know, just feeling all the feelings!

@WinterBub I'm glad the transfer went well. Sorry you're going through so many feelings at the moment. Fingers crossed for you <3

@WinterBub congratulations on the transfer! I totally understand you're in an emotional roller-coaster now, after the final stage of such a long journey. It's a relief but also not really over yet and changing the meds adds to the uncertainty and lack of control over it all. Soon it will be over though! I am very optimistic for you and hope to see your bfp soon! When do you plan on testing?

I didn't really plan on anything regarding breastfeeding because my daughter was feeding so little it didn't bother me and felt ok whichever she'd choose, but now it's a booby monster and I do feel it's already too close to the birth to wean her, because she already understands it's because of the pregnancy... I think I'll just bite through the rough times and hope it gets better after birth. I don't have enough willpower for the decision at the moment, and I think I really need it if I want to wean.

Recipes are not really my Forte, but I try to eat lots of protein and fat rather than carbs and it helps me keep the hunger-nausea-swings away.

Tomorrow I am flying with my daughter (and no partner) home to Israel for 2 weeks! And she's sick with fever!! I really hope it goes OK...

That's amazing that you're feeling good, and eating well, Nima. I'd love some healthy recipes ideas!! I dropped weight when on suppressant meds, and then it all came back on as soon as I started the estrogen and progesterone for the FET #-odo you intend to tandem feed? If no, then I'd really suggest weaning your daughter sooner rather than later. They seem to 'move on' fairly quickly once you stop, and she will be fine if you feel it is time to wean ❤️ But I'd be worried about jealousy if you try to wean her right before or after the baby comes when she'll have to watch him! Just my two cents- if you want to let her decide when to stop, then rock on, and I hope it will soon be less uncomfortable for you :flower:

Love your excitement, Megan! I'm sure that you will be great parents. And I bet no matter what she will still wear the NB stuff. My friend had an almost 10lb baby :)shock:) and she was still in NB stuff! Probably for a shorter time than a smaller baby, but she didn't come out looking as big as you'd thinker a ten pounder would! :rofl:

Hope you're well, elencor!

AFM- transfer went well yesterday. It was a really weird experience in many ways. I guess I'd been expecting something magical, and it was really just like any medical procedure. It was cool to see the embryo up on the screen before the transfer. I also saw my name on the petri dish, which was reassuring!!!! But, I don't know- I've felt very down today. I can't explain why, just feel kind of bummed. They said my lining was great, but today called to change my instructions and add more estrogen and progesterone. So, I'm worried that that wasn't optimal. I don't know, just feeling all the feelings!
I'm glad your transfer went well! I think it's normal to have so many emotions. And if they are having you change your protocol, it's okay, it just means they are keeping a close eye on you and doing what is best for the highest chances of success! If your lining was good, they may just want to increase your estrogen and progesterone for reassurance. I remember they had to increase my estrogen before my transfer, even though my lining looked great and everything, they said it was just to play it safe. I'd just say to try to keep your chin up, stay positive! You've done the hard part (other than then waiting of course).

Thank you for the support, ladies! ❤️ I'm now 4dpt and if I'm honest, I feel pregnant. But I don't think that means anything because it may just be side effects from the medications. #-oi figure I will know for sure in a few days. I've already been testing (why not!) but nothing has popped up yet. I either am or aren't, just need to wait to find out the answer!
How many days ppost transfer did y'all get a positive? I'm trying not to be too optimistic, but I am sure I'm going to be upset if it isn't Positive.

You do whatever you feel is right with breastfeeding, Nima! Nobody else knows what is right for you or your daughter. You'll work out (or already have) what to do. I hope the pain passes. And good luck for your flight!!! Have a lovely time with your family. :cloud9:

How are you feeling Megan? I can't believe how close you are to the end!!!! ❤️

@WinterBub I got my first faint shadow of a line on 5 days post transfer, absolutely stark white prior to that. And even on day 5, it looked like an evap line on a cheapie wandfo test and I didn't believe it. On day 6, I had a slightly darker line on a first response and a wandfo test. By day 7, it showed up on a digital :). But remember, not everybody is the same! It may take a few days for embryo to implant, etc, so your timeline could be off by a few days. And I'm feeling okay! Honestly, my gut feeling is telling me that she is coming soon. I lost part of my mucus plug last night (I know they can regenerate and it doesn't necessarily mean anything), but I've been having more frequent Braxton hicks (still not timeable or regular) and lots of pelvic pressure. I know it's still a little early for her, I don't feel like she will come within the next few days or anything but I just have a feeling it won't be long at all. And I feel like I have so many things to do to prepare, my nesting mode is so strong but I don't have the energy! lol

Eeep. I just got a very, very faint line! Really hoping that it develops over the next few days [-o&lt;

How many weeks are you now, Megan? That's so exciting that she might be coming very soon!! If you don't have the energy to nest, I saw make some lists- that always makes me feel like I'm at least partly on top of things! :)

I hope your flight went well, Nima!

The flight went well and being with the family is good.
<3

Eeep. I just got a very, very faint line! Really hoping that it develops over the next few days [-o&lt;

How many weeks are you now, Megan? That's so exciting that she might be coming very soon!! If you don't have the energy to nest, I saw make some lists- that always makes me feel like I'm at least partly on top of things! :)

I hope your flight went well, Nima!
Wow, congratulations!!! That's so exciting! Fingers are crossed for you! And I'm a few days over 36 weeks now :). I'm going in for my first cervical check today because I'm curious about progression so far. I've had quite a bit of cramps over the last few days.

You don’t know how happy I was when I read your test was positive Winter! How is everything going? :hugs::hugs:
Megan you are so close to labor, that’s so exciting!

I keep reading you guys and keeping you in my thoughts but I’ve been really busy with my new job. Everything is going good, I had to move to another city for a little while but my new job is great, and I’ll have the early maternity leave in just 3-4 weeks. I had my 20 week ulttasoulnd a couple days ago, and everything looks great! ❤️❤️ I’m starting to really believe I’m going to have a baby. And we already bought the stroller, I know it’s too soon but there was an amazing offer in the model we wanted.

Nima how’s your trip going?

Last edited:
It felt so real for us after the 20 week scan too! It's definitely not too early to buy a stroller, we already had the nursery almost completely set up by 24 weeks and I wish we bought our stroller at 20 weeks when it was on sale! We waited until a few weeks ago (we just procrastinated) and the price had gone up a lot. I'm so glad your job is going well! I'm 37 weeks in a couple of days and still not on maternity leave and I so wish I was, my motivation for work is so low and I've been having lots more contractions. Most of my energy has been focused on nesting and just getting ready for our girl. My boss did say I could take the week off before maternity leave starts but since I don't know exactly when baby is making her appearance, I have no way of knowing when to start taking off. I have a feeling she will come in the next couple of weeks because I can tell she's very low and I just have a gut feeling. I'm starting to get so scared of labor though, I've been having lots of anxiety over it. For most of the pregnancy, I didn't really think about the birth process and now I'm getting super nervous. It will all be worth it though!

@WinterBub how are you doing??

Glad your trip is going well, Nima! I never asked- how did you end up moving from Israel to Switzerland? (And feel free to ignore if that's too personal or identifying for the internet!) I would love to see Israel- i used to have a colleague who went a lot. Her husband had family in Haifa and TelAviv (if I remember correctly...) Anyway, hope you're having fun!

Hi Elencor! Good to hear from you! And I'm so happy that your new job sounds good. I think you were just told a "suspected" sex at an earlier scan. Have you confirmed?! The 20 week scan is amazing. In the US, that seems to be considered a real turning point. Ie. We were asked to pay for the portion of the birth we'd owe the OB then. :lol: That's so exciting that you're going to be able to nest and set up!

Sorry that you're having trouble working out when to start maternity leave, Megan. It is hard, because obviously you want to maximize time off after the birth vs before. Will your partner get any leave? I hope that these last few weeks are easy on you, and you feel confident going into the birth. I felt like I was nervous in the early 30 weeks, but then you get so big and uncomfortable, that you want it to happen/realize it is going to have to! :lol: I'm sure that you'll do great when the time comes.

AFM- I was testing daily, and the tests are getting darker. But I've decided to sort of take a step back. I was overanalyzing every little element, and that was driving me nuts. Ie. I was convinced one line was lighter than the day before, but By the time it dried, it was way darker. That's also why I have stepped back from the internet. I actually am surprised at how anxious I feel. I thought that knowing the baby was tested would mean no stress, but of course, there's still things to worry about! There always are! Will have my first beta on Monday, and I'm not sure what after that. I assume more betas and an ultrasound at some point, but not sure when that will be. I feel like I'll be feeling much better after a good scan, and when I get to the end of first tri. I'll probably still do the NIPT, too.

@WinterBub so great to hear your lines progress nicely. I totally understand the anxiety and needing to step away from the internet and the tests. It's hard in the beginning, but I hope soon you'll be reassured by some symptoms and ultrasound...
I ended up in Switzerland because my wife is swiss. Leaving Israel wasn't easy but Switzerland is a great place to live and raise children.
We have great weather this weekend and my best friend came to visit with her family at my parents place up north, so it's just great being here now. It's the first time we meet all together and the kids are playing so nicely together.

@elencor good to hear from you! I'm glad you are well and soon in maternity leave.

@Megan0625 being anxious about the birth itself is normal and makes sense, I think it's part of preparing for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->