pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Yes I got her a kids' polaroid camera because she's fascinated with cameras and I think it could be nice for her to take pictures of the baby too.

I was definitely planning on having one more, although the end of this pregnancy is not so easy on my body and imagining another one is not very appealing at the moment :) but I will probably forget that when time comes...

About the name, I think we'll just wait for him to be here and decide.
When I was my daughter's age my brother was born and my parents let me name him, which I always felt so honored by. But now I see what nonsense my daughter comes up with and I think my parents were crazy and lucky... half of the names my daughter chooses sound like they were taken directly from "game of thrones"

Oh, that's so cute. I'm sure she'll love that. ❤️

As they say "you get them one at a time so you can cope" (except multiples I guess!) We do forget about what pregnancy is really like, so you may be feeling broody again in a couple of years! No rush to decide. :)

So, we will know if you announce little Joffrey is here that you went with your daughters choice. ;)

Hi everybody! It’s great to hear you are all doing well! Clarke is doing great, it’s hard to believe how quickly she’s changing every day. She is already over 12 pounds and is 23.5 inches long, in the 90th percentile for height . This girl is going to be tall! She is now nursing really well, it seemed to happen overnight around week 6, right when I was about to give up because I was so discouraged and it was really making my postpartum depression worse. She still gets about one bottle of formula a day as I’m trying to build my breast milk freezer stash for when I start work . I seem to produce just enough for her and don’t make much extra so I’m pumping as frequently as possible, along with nursing.

The main thing she struggles with is nap time! She is so alert and observant, she tends to go from being awake to overtired super fast, it’s so hard to get her to take a nap when she’s in her tired window. And when she’s overtired, all hell breaks loose she fights sleep so much because she doesn’t want to miss anything! She just started intentionally smiling about a week ago and she’s starting to make more vocalizations. I attached one photo from a few weeks ago ❤️

You ladies will all have your babies here so soon, it’s hard to believe how quickly time is going (though I realize time seems to slow waayyyyy down in the third trimester ).

D0412F2E-9D92-49C2-816B-36E6FC556FC0.jpeg

She is gorgeous, Megan! So glad you are doing well.
You sound upbeat and calm, good on you! You've got this.
Nap time is always an issue here too (too short, too long, not falling asleep), it's just one of those things I have decided to accept, and it changes all the time anyways.

We had quite a scare yesterday, my doctor thought the baby is in distress because it wasn't moving much, the monitor didn't show variability and blood flow to the brain was slow. He sent me to the ER, where everything was just perfect. They simply had to wake baby up with some sugar and lemon scent... I'm not going to my doctor again in this pregnancy.

@Nima @WinterBub oh god both those experiences sound so so scary, I’m so glad everything turned out to be perfectly ok. Nima your baby is going to be here so soon, that’s so exciting!! @Megan0625 that’s a beautiful picture, what a cutie ❤️❤️

What does prenatal care look like for you, Elencor? Do you see an Obstetrician regularly along the way? Just wondering why they keep sending you to the ER. Here, the OB would try to see you in their office

Here is my country you don’t have an Ob/gyn for yourself, I mean the hospital gives you appointments, in my case that I’m considered low risk, 4 appointments throughout the pregnancy with and Ob/gyn, 3 with the general practitioner and 4 with the midwife, more or less. But you don’t always get seen by the same obstetrician, for example for the 20 weeks ultrasound, you get seen by the expert in the 20 week ultrasound (I don’t know if I’m explaining myself right lol). So if you have any problem you don’t really have anyone to call, they just tell you that if you have any problem you have to go to the obstetrics ER. It is different outside pregnancy, if you have health problems not related to pregnancy you generally should call your general practitioner and he tells you whether you should go to the ER or not.

I’ll be 31 weeks tomorrow, it is getting real! Im doing good, I have a huge belly I’m a little worried it’s going to explode or something, also I’m gaining a lot more weight that I should have :oops: but other than that everything seems to go ok. I continued having lots of contractions everyday, some times it’s scary because I have maybe 1 every 3 minutes for over an hour. So they ended putting me on vaginal progesterone again (I didn’t miss that) and as the pregnancy progresses the contractions are worse and more intense, for example yesterday I woke up at night with a somewhat painful contraction. But they say everything is perfect and the cervix is long and they don’t know why I have so many but they just want me to forget about it and keep doing exercise and a normal life. So I just don’t think about it much anymore and I’m really enjoying these weeks as I’m having a really active life with Pilates classes, swimming, German classes, etc so really enjoying not having to work at the moment. We don’t have a name yet, it’s Being difficult to convince my husband of any name I like lol, we’ll see, we might just end up naming him after either my husband or my dad, we’ll see. Also we already set up the baby’s room and bought everything of importance, and it feels really exciting to have the house full of baby stuff, I can’t wait to meet my baby

Last edited:
@Nima im so glad everything is okay after that scare! When I went in for my induction, as soon as they hooked me up to the monitors, Clarke gave us quite a scare by sitting on her umbilical cord. When she did that, we basically lost her heart rate, it dipped waaayyy down. Another nurse rushed in, put me on oxygen, and had me switch positions but it gave me quite a fright! She wanted to create drama before being born I suppose.

@elencor Wow, 31 weeks! Your little one will be here before you know it! Sorry you are dealing with so many contractions, I started having them around the 33 week mark and they also didn’t find a reason why. I gained almost 40 pounds during pregnancy, but I have a friend who gained 70! Pregnancy causes so many changes to your body, I wouldn’t worry too much about weight gain. I’m not doing anything to lose weight now but I’m back down to pre-pregnancy weight already. I guess that’s what happens when you are lugging around a 12 pound baby, loading a 12 pound car seat, and going on tons of stroller walks every day to get baby to sleep! Lol Setting up the nursery is so exciting. Before Clarke was born, I would just go sit in her room and imagine what life would be like with her ❤️ such an exciting time. Now, I just went through all her newborn photos and cried because she’s changed so much in 2 months and it has gone by so fast!

Thanks ladies, we recovered from that scare and I'm finding my way to feeling trust in my body and my baby.

@elencor I gained 26kg with my daughter, lost 28kg in the year after giving birth and now gained 24kg already... and I was so active and have been eating really healthy. I think my body goes into its pregnancy modus and just hoards every calorie possible lol. But I'm less concerned this time because I know I can lose it again.

These contractions sound really annoying and scary, I am sorry they are so frequent.

@Megan0625 I can't believe baby Clarke is already 2 month old! Time flies so quickly.

Hi baby Clarke! She's beautiful :cloud9: Glad that things are settling for you, and you're finding your rhythm as parents. I wish that there was less pressure to breastfeed. Yes, I think it is good, but the pressure can be really intense. I wasn't a big producer either, and combifeeding was a Gosdsend. I hate that any formula is painted as a defeat of sorts. Fed is best!

I'm sorry about your scare, Nima. How awful! Glad that you got properly checked over and all is well. And better to send you for monitoring than not. But these moments are so rattling, and really stick with you. :hugs: I'm so excited for you that his grand entrance is just around the corner.

Every day you're closer to him being full term, Elencor! Obviously not ideal if you went into labor now, but they aren't so worried I'm sure because everything looks good, and an early birth now is not as scary as say 24 weeks. Good luck deciding on a name! We like to choose a new first name, and use family name/s for the middle. It is so hard to agree! And my OH won't discuss it at all until like 30 weeks. #-oim worried I'm going to have a solid favorite and then he'll veto it late in the piece!

AFM- nothing much going on. We've started telling people I'm pregnant, which is partly really exciting, and partly really scary. My genetic tests and follow up scan were both good, but it is just hard to really trust all is well. I saw a friend yesterday who just had a baby and she totally got it, which was so nice! Pregnancy is magical and joyful, and also completely terrifying sometimes!

Winterbub, you described pregnancy perfectly. It's so beautiful and so terrifying and I feel like a whale going to explode but I also don't want it to end...

I can't imagine not talking about names till 30 weeks! What else will you talk about?!

You guys, he's here! After telling everyone that I feel this baby is taking his time and will definitely come after his due date, he decided otherwise tonight... it was a short, beautiful home birth, just like I hoped for. I felt so calm and in control almost until the very end. My daughter was in the birth pool with me, laughing at the noises I made, sprinkling me with water and caressing my belly when I was in pain. I am so grateful.
His name is Clil <3 which means whole/complete. We're already in love, my daughter already gave him some kicks, everybody is learning their new roles..

Oh Nima that’s such good news, congratulations!! I’m so glad everything went great, enjoy these moments with little Clil ❤️

@Nima Wow, congratulations on the beautiful birth of your baby boy ❤️ Treasure this time with him! I’m so glad your daughter was able to be part of the experience ❤️❤️

I wasn't expecting that all of a sudden!!! Huge Congratulations, Nima!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Enjoy your time getting to know your new little man.

Thank you so much, everyone. We are doing OK. DD is having a hard time adjusting, but all in all it's manageable. My parents will be here on Friday, which will surely help with jealousy because they are more fun than me at the moment (maybe also generally :) )

I can understand that her world has just been rocked! My cousin's son was super disgruntled when his little sister was born- Everyone had talked about him having "a friend to play with". When the NB was there and unable to do anything, he was mad. Lol :rofl:

I'm sure she will have a great time with Savta and Saba! Hope you enjoy their visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->