pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Thinking of you, Megan!!! Really hope that all is going well ❤️ know that we're all here cheering you on!

Sometimes life can be bitterweet- glad got to go for a visit, Nima! Lovely to connect your daughter with your life before her :) Always nice to have someone at home waiting for you :)

Excellent that the contractions stopped, elencor! Pregnancy is so nerve wracking. Make sure that you're resting and looking after yourself! ❤️

I got my beta back- 2485. So, not quite doubled in 48 hours, but close. My doctor said it looked great. So [-o< that things keep going well!

Great news, @WinterBub ! I have a good feeling for you. Do you have any symptoms yet? And by the way, do you know if it's a boy or a girl you transferred or you didn't want to know (asking because you did PGT)?

Thank you- they keep saying my numbers are "strong"! :cloud9: Yes, we know the sex- we ended up transferring a girl.

I woke up to my OH shaking and coughing. He apparently has the flu or something like it. Why didn't he sleep elsewhere?! I will go out and buy some regular strength Tylenol. Is there anything else I can/should do?!

Thinking of you, Megan! I hope things are going well. :hugs:

@WinterBub oh I hope you don't catch it too! I don't think there's much you can do, really. Just stay away from him and wash you hands a lot...
That's amazing to know it's a girl from early on, isn't it? I can imagine it makes bonding with your embryo different.

Thank you, Nima! He's going to stay in the guest room, so we will see. That's just life sometimes, I guess. Frustrating, none the less. #-o

It is weird to know! Though I would have/probably will still do the NIPT, so it isn't like I wouldn't have had to wait too long, anyway! :lol:

Those numbers are so high Winter! I think I had 530 at 12dp5dt and they said it was a great number. So nice that you already know it’s a girl!! I’d love to know what gender my embryos are, but in Spain is completely forbidden to know the sex beforehand, if you do pgt the clinics aren’t allowed to tell you. So you are now approximately 5 weeks pregnant right? Good luck with everything , it isn’t that long now until your first ultrasound

I totally understand the idea behind not telling you the sex. It can open a whole can of worms like what happened with China's One Child Policy and people only wanting one sex :( but then I've heard that the countries who don't tell you are a little OTT with the rules. I think that if you already have two of one sex, you should be allowed to know/choose. And even more so- if you have a genetic condition linked to one sex, you should be able to select the sex to avoid it. Anyway... I was reading something interesting the other day about how fresh transfers are more likely to be boys, and ICSI favors girls! Not sure if the sources were 100% reliable, but would be very interesting if there are patterns like that!

Megan- hope you're doing well!!! ❤️

And news here is that SO has COVID, and I just tested positive, too. ](*,) Debating whether I should email my clinic. I know they do monitoring on Saturdays, so they may see the email. Just wondering if they have advice. It does seem like nothing much can be done besides Tylenol, and it is unlikely to cause any issues at this stage of pregnancy. Jeepers, though. I had COVID around this time last January- here's to hoping it is super easy the second time around! I didn't have many symptoms or a fever last time, so [-o<

Oh no, winter... I hope you stay relatively healthy and don't get any symptoms from covid. It's not dangerous at the early stages but it's also no fun...

I checked my temperature before bed and it was normal. Woke up at 4am with a 102 fever. Probably unfairly- I'm so angry that OH didn't isolate when he felt sick. He came to bed and slept next to me. Ugh. I took Tylenol, so hopefully that will help and things will be ok.

Hi everybody! Sorry I disappeared for a few days! I ended up having an unplanned c-section but our baby girl is here and is absolutely perfect ❤️❤️❤️ She is happy and healthy and I am healing. She was delivered at 37 weeks + 4 days on 1/25/23 at 4:18pm and weighed 8 lbs 2 oz ❤️. She is more beautiful than I could have ever expected and I’ve just been soaking up all the snuggles. As for a birth story, I went in for my induction at 3:00 am on 1/25. Within 10 minutes of us being there, our girl created some drama and we lost her heart beat and she became inactive and I needed oxygen before her heart beat came back. She had been lying on her cord most likely! After she recovered, they started me on pitocin as I was already 4cm dilated upon arrival. The doctor came in to break my water by 8:00am. At 3pm, I hadn’t progressed at all despite very painful contractions and being on the absolute highest dose of pitocin. At this point the doctor thought she was either too big or there was something anatomical preventing her from coming. During the c section, he actually did find I had a very thick band of my uterus that hadn’t properly thinned and she was hung on it. She likely would not have come down any further so I’m glad we did it! We went home after 2 days in the hospital; I was so eager to get her home! Anyway, she is absolutely perfect and I have never been more in love. I am just completely smitten ❤️

@WinterBub those numbers are great! From my understanding, they don’t have to double, they really just want a 60% increase :)

Congrats, Megan!!! She's here safe, and that's all that matters. ❤️ Enjoy getting to know her!

@Megan0625 that's amazing that she's here and you are both well. I'm also glad to read that you are feeling ok with how your birth went, it's really important! Take time to heal and get to know you beautiful little baby. So happy for you <3

@Megan0625 I’m so happy for you, time has passed so fast, congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

How is everyone going?

How is baby Clarke, Megan? Is she gaining weight? Are you bottle or breastfeeding, or a bit of both? Getting some sleep?

I just got home from my first scan, and all looked great! Saw/heard the heartbeat. ❤️ And she is measuring 7+1 (am 7+2), so all in all looking good. I was really nervous this morning and barely slept last night. Feeling very happy for today, and go back for a other scan in 2 weeks.

How is everyone going?

How is baby Clarke, Megan? Is she gaining weight? Are you bottle or breastfeeding, or a bit of both? Getting some sleep?

I just got home from my first scan, and all looked great! Saw/heard the heartbeat. ❤️ And she is measuring 7+1 (am 7+2), so all in all looking good. I was really nervous this morning and barely slept last night. Feeling very happy for today, and go back for a other scan in 2 weeks.
Fantastic! So happy for you! This is an important milestone, I'm so glad everything looked good.

I'm a bit stressed since baby still hasn't turned head down and it seems to be on the heavier side. Trying to remind myself that my daughter did the same and then flipped at 35 weeks, and so did many babies in my family. But I don't want a breech baby, it would stress me a lot and make me change my birth plans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->