pre ovulation preg success stories

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
How likely is it to get pregnant when you dtd 3-4 days before ovulation?!

We DTD the day before +OPK and conceived DS2. Given that +OPK suggests O within 24-72 hours I'd say its perfectly reasonable that you could conceive in the 3-4 day timeframe.

With ds, we only dtd 7 days before ov, and caught, hubby thinks he had super swimmers! Good luck

Thanks!
Well i've ovulated today and we last dtd on Friday so we shall see!

With DD we DTD 2-3 days before O and got pregnant. It's actually recommended you have sperm waiting for the egg and it can take sperm 12-24 hours to swim all the way to the waiting point. So DTD two days before is probably very good. And sperm live up to 5 days so there's a good chance they can still catch that egg.

yep anywhere from day after to 7 days before is totally possible for a sneaky sperm to catch that egg.

Days 3-4 I think are peak for successful pregnancy. DH and I either DTD 6 days prior or day of OV though and we caught it. There was a handy study I used to reference but I can't find it for the life of me now!

Definitely possible since sperm can last up to 5 days. We actually kept missing the egg by dtd after I got a positive opk (I have short surges that are easy to miss) so we dtd about 24 hours before my surge even started and became pregnant the first cycle. Good luck to you!

Thank you. Both the DS's were conceived approx 2 days before ovulation according the dating scans at the time. I also have really short surges and even though I had clear blue positive ovulation this month have had none to very minimum cm so not sure whats going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->