Pre school problems

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi is anyone else having issues with their LO not wanting to go to nursery? Sam started pre school at beginning of September. He was 3 in July. The first few weeks were fine and we thought wow he settled brilliantly but then I think he realised he had to go every week and that's when the problems started. He had to have a week off as he caught a bug that was going round at his nursery. He was meant to go this morning but he was hysterical and getting so worked up it was awful. This happened outside my house and people were walking past and staring it was horrible. I had to keep him at home as he was so upset. I told him that it turns out nursery was closed today as I didn't want him thinking I would give in every morning if he gets upset like that. I'm dreading tomorrow when he is due to go again. I feel like crying myself. X

Ohhh sweetie how awful!! My boys started at Easter ad their pre school does a gentle lead in and it was five sessions of part time and they gradually built it up. Also how many times a week does he go? Mine went mon and fri so there was as even amount of days between sessions as possible. Have you spoken to the pre school? I'm sure they've dealt with lots and lots of kids who were reluctant and sure they have ideas

Big hugs xx

Hi he only goes Mondays and Tuesdays so far from 9am until 12pm so his sessions aren't even that long!! I'm dreading tomorrow xx

It's normal Hun, we had our ups & downs, he still complains about going to pre-school everyday. When I had a talk with the head of department she told me that her own daughter cried hysterically after 3 weeks from starting when she figured out it's permanent thing & going to school is ongoing. Today when I dropped Omar there were 3 kids crying, they weren't crying last week. 1st year is not easy, some kids take longer time to settle. Omar gets more difficult when he's recovering from an illness, & getting him back to his routine is always challenging, give it some time Hun, hopefully it will get easier :hugs:

It's normal Hun, we had our ups & downs, he still complains about going to pre-school everyday. When I had a talk with the head of department she told me that her own daughter cried hysterically after 3 weeks from starting when she figured out it's permanent thing & going to school is ongoing. Today when I dropped Omar there were 3 kids crying, they weren't crying last week. 1st year is not easy, some kids take longer time to settle. Omar gets more difficult when he's recovering from an illness, & getting him back to his routine is always challenging, give it some time Hun, hopefully it will get easier :hugs:

It's so hard isn't it. I feel really down about it today. Feel like its something I have done wrong x

My son started pre-school a whole day every Wednesday since he was 6 & half months old (he is 2yrs and 7mns now)...and still to this day he cries when I drop him off and grabs me legs. I watch him sneakily 5 minutes after I leave and he is fine...it's just the drop off that kills me...

It is completely normal, they seem to be excited for the first few weeks as the toys are new and there's lots to do and see. Now the toys aren't so new and exciting. Has he bonded with any of the carers? If he has then maybe that carer can be the one to greet him every morning and try making drop off quick telling him that you love him and will be back in while a kiss and off you go (make sure you can hand him to a carer). Try to be calm and relaxed about it, kids pick it up if your not. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->