Pre term labour test?

mummyb1

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Ashlie 19 and 33+1 weeks pregnant with my first, I am sorry to pester you all I just have a question and thought this was the best place to ask as you have all been through this kind of thing and know alot more about it than myself.

Monday of this week I went to hospital after feeling really unwell I was checked over then put on a monitor to make sure baby was okay, the midwife kept coming in asking if I was in any pain or having any tightnings I was having some tight feelings but I just assumed that was baby pushing against me but the consultant came in and told me I was having regular contractions and she didn't like how close they were and wanted to do a swab test to see if I was going to go in to pre term labour.

The test was carried out and came back negative so the consultant told me this has said that I shouldn't go into labour for the next 2 weeks but she did say that it's usually 90% accurate but it's only a test so could be wrong this worried me as I know 90% is very high but I am just wondering if anyone else had this test done and tested negative but actually did go in to labour?

Sorry for the long post, any responses are greatly appreciated x

Its about 90% accurate when it is negative. Its is not very accurate if it is positive. i know, a bit of a thing to wrap your head around! :haha:

I had them every 2 weeks with my second from 22-34 weeks. I had about 4 positives and the rest were negatives. I went overdue :)

They are still researching them but with their wonky accuracy they arent the best!

Thank you! I got really confused when she was explaining it and I did wonder if it was just me being silly :haha:

Thank you again for your reasurance :)

They were going to do one with me, but did their planned second swab first by mistake and since that one showed leaking amniotic fluid they didn't bother with the first test! Suppose it saved the NHS some money.

Have to admit it all got rather garbled - I really was struggling to understand the woman who did all of it's accent at the time (and you can never really say that can you)

I know what you mean with struggling to understand what's being said I have had that a few times and I do feel very bad keep asking "pardon" "sorry" can you repeat that so I have just taken the message and then tried to look through my notes to understand a bit more but the writing hasn't been much better either :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->