Pre-washing nappies - Drying temperature?

SimplyRhi

Brewing Bubba # 1
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I am starting to think about pre-washing all my nappies and i have just realised that my new washer/dryer doesn't allow me to change the temperature of the dryer setting. I wasn't intending on using the dryer often, just to start off the nappies a bit when it's really bad weather and it's harder to get them dry. Do you think it matters? I tried it for the first time yesterday with a load of towels and when they finished they were steaming and piping hot!! DO you think i should avoid putting my nappies through the dryer then??

Also - when i pre wash them - they need about 2 or 3 times before the absorbancy boost right? Can i just put them on straight after they finish or do i need to let them dry first? Can i put my pale green and pale yellow bumgenious with white nappies? Can i put different types together, eg a fleecy cotton nappy with a bumgenious?! I take it this is okay?! Otherwise i think i will need to do a million loads!!! :)

SOrry!! So many questions!! Thanks in advance!!

I have a washer dryer and there isn't a direct control for the dryer temperature but I can change the type of clothes it thinks it's drying, so it's cottons, synthetics or wool. I think that changes the temperature, with cottons being full heat, synthetics half heat and wool cool. Do you have something like that?

Now that you say that Rachel - I think they are the options mine have! I didn't even think that they would change the temperature!! I blame baby brain!!!!! lol... (mine is an indesit washer/dryer) :)

I've always assumed they change the temperature anyway! If I set it to wash cottons it defaults to 90 or 60 degrees, and for synthetics it does 50 or 30 degrees so I think the drying must be cooler too :D

I have a washer/dryer and you can choose drying cotton or drying delicates but even on the delicates it's way to hot for the nappies, I learnt the hard way :(. I dry the inserts in the tumble drier but put the pocket nappies in the airing cupboard and they only take 2 hours to dry in there.

I do that too actually - I dry inserts and boosters in the dryer for an hour to start them off and fluff them up but anything with PUL goes on the airer. Pockets and wraps dry in the same time it would take the inserts in the dryer anyway :)

also note: dont tumble your nappies too hot as poppers have been known to melt!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->