Pre-washing nappies - what about bamboo inserts?

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm about to start soaking/pre-washing my LL bamboos and Ella's House Bumhuggers. With the LLs should I also be pre-washing the bamboo inserts? I'll hopefully be using these in a lot of the nappies so do I need to get the absorbancy up or will they be ok?

And also how many inserts/fleece liners is it sensible to start off with, with a newborn?

Thanks!

Lilly x

Yes everything needs prewashing at least once, except for the wraps, once will be okay for them.

Can't give you an honets answer on the newborn amounts its generally 24 nappies they recommend so depends what you have in your stash.

Hi hun.
I'd recommend soaking any bamboo products in clean water (I leave mine in the nappy bucket overnight). Then give them a wash - voilà!!
Squish told me this and it saved me so much hassle!! Otherwise bamboo needs soooooo many washes to get up absorbency.

You might fund it's better to start with a few muslins folded up inside a newborn wrap when lo is tiny, as I found a lot of the fitteds quite bulky at first ;)

Thanks both :)

I have about 23 nappies but like you say some I think are going to be way too big.

I know it sounds silly but how do I learn how to fold a muslin/terry if I need to use these? Alternatively I was thinking of getting a pack of eco disposables for newborns, just in case nothing will fit.

x

https://www.terrynappies.co.uk/info/FoldingTerryNappies.pdf

that is quite good cos you can print it off and take where you are doing the change - in case you forget how to do it half way through :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->