preferred season for having baby?

spring lol i was 9 months pregnant with my oldest in august which is the hottest month of the year here, and i do not want to do that again lol

My son was born early April (spring in this part of the world) and it was perfect. I didn't have to be home bound in cold weather with him. I aboided being pregnant in the hot summer weather. I didn't have to shovel snow because i was pregnant and hubs insisted he do the heavy lifting. Plus, when school starts, he'll have friends from the school year to celebrate with.

The only draw back was not being able to drink during the holidays. We spent a lot of time with hubs' family that year and, WOOOOWEEE did I need alcohol!

My oldest was December which was pretty good as far as being pregnant goes as it's cool when you're in third tri but her birthday is very close to xmas (19th)
My youngest was September which means you're in third tri allll through summer :dohh: It wasn't so bad though honestly, I like that she's one of the oldest in her school year :thumbup:
I'm hoping for a spring baby this time but don't really mind :)

I've had a January baby and a February baby. I really want a summer baby next time! Going to start trying in August or September, so who knows...

I'd really like to have a late summer or autumn baby. :kiss:

We are aiming to have an autumn/winter baby. My husband works such long hours in the summer so we are hoping to have a little one late in the year so he can help as much as he can before the summer craziness. X

I think I'd prefer to have most of my pregnancy be during the cooler months. But as of right now. I couldn't care less. There are positives and negatives for each season. I'm just excited DH is on board with having a baby.

We're trying for a May/June baby \\:D/
Kind of shallow, but honestly, one of my criteria for deciding which month is the kind of outfits I can wear to show off my bump. I have a thing for bumps & cute outfits that show it off! I really want to be able to show some skin and show off the bump! I'd like to be on the cusp of summer so that the weather is warm and i can show off my huge belly, but not so hot that I'm dying. i also figure I can take the baby out for some sun after he/she is born without having to worry about bundling up. Getting so excited just thinking about it!! :)

My main criteria is the clothing as well, lol. :haha: And comfiness. Summer might be too hot in many places but here it's hardly +25 C degrees. (And here has been only one that warm summer day this summer so far..!) Winter would be just too cold and I wouldn't want to spend that time and money to find a perfect winter coat to keep warm and cover my baby bump. Too much money spent on something I'll just wear for couple of months. :nope:

Babies born on spring also get the least natural vitamin D during the pregnancy, so that's one reason why I prefer summer/autumn.

And would love to spend some time outdoors with the newborn. Sunshine, gentle summer breeze, OH and the baby..<3 Let me live that moment and I know this waiting has been worth it...haha :angelnot:

I prefer to be pregnant in spring or fall. I really can't imagine how hard it will be to be pregnant in the middle of hot or cold weather.

Yes, comfines is important too! I'm also thinking if it's Autumn during my first tri, I may have a better chance at keeping things a secret at work till I'm ready to tell. What with all the fluffy/bulky sweaters and scarves I have.. Not to mention coats and vests and jackets. That's another plus for me

I would love a spring time baby. April at the earliest... maybe May or June. I would also love to have a baby in early-mid autumn. Around October... that would be neat. It's my favorite month so why not have a little one then? :)

All 3 of mine were/will be born between September and December. The first was a bit of a fluke, then I liked a 2ish yr age gap so the other two followed. They're the oldest in the school year which is good

I am currently due December 5th with my first babe, so I can't speak from experience, but I really like the idea of an early December baby. It'll be just starting to get cold here, and if I am going to be house-bound with a newborn I would rather do it when the weather is cold and nasty and I wouldn't want to go outside anyways! Early December is far enough away from Christmas that I don't think it will be a problem, LO will be among the oldest in the school year, and since we host Christmas at our house every year my family will all be able to come and meet the baby at Christmas time. AND I will be heavily pregnant in the fall, not during the painfully hot summer weather. Sounds good to me!

I really want a September baby (or possibly early October). I don't like the idea of having a baby during the holidays so I would try to avoid late November, all of December and early January. But at this point when OH finally agrees to TTC I probably won't care haha.

My son is an October baby and I think I'd like another fall baby.

I wasn't hugely pregnant in the summer; it wasn't super cold when my son was born; he (and his carrier) fit perfectly under my hoodies and jackets during the winter; by summer he was crawling and exploring the yards and parks (but not running around so it was really relaxing).

It turned out that I really wanted to socialize right after my son was born so having a bunch of holiday gatherings to attend was awesome (I turned out to be terrified of being shut in all winter).

The perfect month for us would be June/July since so much of our time becomes instantly free around this time, since we both work in academic fields.

That is honestly the only consideration. I could see positives to a snuggly, stay-in-doors winter baby, and a get out and about summer baby. The inbetweens have the best of both. :)

I'm hoping for a spring/early summer baby next time. My DD is an October baby so I was huge all the way through summer and it was rough...sweaty, swollen, etc. I didn't even get to do the maxi dress thing much as I was at work until the end of August and dresses aren't practical in my job, so it was linen maternity trousers all the way.

Our wedding anniversary is in August, so if we were to conceive around then we'd have an early May baby, which I think would be perfect. I hardly drink at all so wouldn't mind not being able to drink over Christmas, and I'd love being able to go out in good weather with a tiny one!

Only thing is, I kinda want another girl, and all DD's outfits would be the wrong seasons to hand down, lol. But DD was an exceptionally big baby and I have every reason to believe my next will be smaller, so maybe they'd still fit at the right times :haha:

I want a july/early aug baby. The main reason gor this is i work in a seaside town. Mat leave is tge only way im getting summer off

My boy was born on 4th December and I loved being able to stay indoors and snuggle with my precious littley :) I am a bit of an introvert anyway and it was the perfect excuse to avoid going out, bond and establish breastfeeding. by the time summer came, he was crawling and it was lovely allowing him to explore parks and gardens. So many people I know only talk about the negatives on a December baby so thought I throw my opinion in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->