Prefold Question????

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I was using disposables for the first two weeks since LO was 4 weeks early and I hadn't gotten my newborn reusable package yet! Anyway, we started experimenting with cloth a few days ago and aren't having alot of success. LO was born pretty small (6lbs 11oz) so I know there are quite a few styles that won't fit perfectly yet - but I do have some prefolds that I thought would work well for his size during the day. Unfortunately, he has been leaking through the prefolds pretty regularly. I did wash them 3x before using - and am using the Bummis kind with the thirsties duo wrap. Maybe I am not folding them properly? Any suggestions?

On another note - the Happy Heinys have been soooo great - no leaking and fits little LO like a dream! Highly recommended for those with small LOs. Unfortunately I only have 2pairs, so would really like to get the prefolds to work.
xx

We used to use the angel wing fold https://diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php prefolds wont last aslong as fitteds unless boosted so i could try adding some boosting between the prefold and the wrap x

Is this any help https://www.bambinomio.com/v06/nap/usr.cgi ? we use the extra absorbancy/boy fold and very rarely have any problems.

Thanks ladies!
I will try out those 2 folds today and let you know how it goes !!
xx

How long is he in them that it's leaking too? It's a big adjustment for most going from sposies to cloth because cloth just needs to be changed more often. They may also need more washing, you can boil them too

He is basically peeing right out of them. I think part of the problem is that he is small (7.5lbs) - skinny and long, so getting the seal around the legs is difficult. I do have Xsmall sizes, but the covers are still a bit big. I think part of it too is that I wasn't using a good fold for LO.
xx

the art of folding can be a bit difficult but you'll soon get used to it once you find the style that works best. Don't be suprised if you need to change folds as your LO grows/weans etc though :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->