preg test line not darker

Ally2015

Reaction score
Hello

Just need some re-assurance. I found out i was pregnant about 6 days ago, and since then done a test about every 2-3 days. I wanted the re-assurance of seeing my lines get darker.

I took a test 2 days ago, and the line was clear but not as dark as control. I took another test today and line looks the same- not darker. I took both tests first thing in the morning....

does this mean my hormone levels aren't rising?
im worried why the line isn't darker- anyone have any advice? am i having a chemical or does it just take time sometimes to darken?

i know line darkness isn't an indication that pregnancy will be ok or not- i had very strong lines when I had my miscarriage last year.

Can you post some pics?

In case it's helpful, here's my progression pic of my current pregnancy which *fingers crossed* is going ok (7-week scan was fine). I also found that once the test line got pretty dark, it was hard to get it darker and it never went darker than control. With my CP (no pic), my lines initially got darker and then stopped progressing pretty rapidly (and were never very dark to begin with).

Notice the spacing of the days and how sometimes it didn't get darker over two days but collectively there is progression. Fingers crossed all is okay with you!

Attachments

• HPTs (wondfos and FRERs).jpg
    HPTs (wondfos and FRERs).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for your reply...

i think im about 16dpo. I dont have a pic of all my tests together but i'll post two pics, one is today 16dpo and other is 14dpo. I named one pic 14dpo, and the other 16dpo.

I got my positive at 10dpo, but was so faint it was barely visible.

Attachments

• 14dpo.jpg
    14dpo.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 16dpo.jpg
    16dpo.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 37
it looks a little darker to me. the line still looks very strong and u are still really early.

Thanks... just scared after my miscarriage before. I'm going to do another test tomorrow, going to become POAS addict!

These early days are hard!

Maybe that's as dark as those particular tests get? Really, if you have to test for progression first response are the best. Although I will be honest that from my personal experience testing for progression will do nothing except for drive you insane. I've had healthy pregnamcies result from lines that didn't seem to progress and losses where it seemed I had perfect progression. The only way to know for certain levels are rising correctly is with bloods. So if it were me id step away from the tests and enjoy your pregnancy! Huge congratulations on your bfp.

Hello maryanne,

The lines in those tests defs get darker, in my previous pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage the line went darker than the control line. However.. that still ended in miscarriage so i know line darkness is not an indication of viability of the pregnancy.

I know you are right and i just need to be positive and enjoy each day i am pregnant, i can't control what will happen.

Congrats on your pregnancy also :) wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 months x

I can see your progression, so I really wouldn't worry. Like the previous poster says stop testing, it will drive you mad and cause more worry x

I did two frers and two CB plus to see a bit of progression, but vowed not to test again after that. I even refused to do a digi this time as it drove me insane. If I feel ok, not in any pain or have any bleeding then I'm assuming everything is ok.

Xxxx

Thank you... i know i need to stop testing. I do feel ok, no pain and no blood, so I will assume all is ok too! :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->