Pregnacare - cause of sickness and constipation???

SamiraNChris

Hayden & expecting #2 :D
Reaction score
Im not sure if it is but.....the other day i ran out of my pregnacare and i have been taking it religiously everynight since i found out at 4 weeks! wellll....the next morning of not taking my pregnacare i wasnt sick and didnt feel sick!!!

I have also read elsewhere that they cause constipation and wind? has anyone else experienced this?! i really dont want to stop taking the pills as im not eating as well as i should and want to make sure my ickle baba gets all the nutrients it needs!

xx

I stopped taking my pregnecare about 4 weeks ago as it was making my ms a lot worse. Ive read and heard that pregnecare is quite common for this. xx

Im gonna try a different brand have heard good things about boots own and sanatogen xx

Sounds like its down to the iron in them hun

The vitamins definatly cause constipation, when I've not been to the loo fir a few days I feel sicky as well so maybe they go hand in hand. I'm not taking the vitamins, there's no need to as long as your having a healthy diet. Everythings in fruit, veg dairy and meat!!

They made me feel bad too so I just took folic acid on its on. I don't take anything now though.

ahh ok im glad its not just me!! i really want to keep taking them and i keep hoping that the sickness will go but i really do think it is now just down to the tablets! ive got 3 packets left too grr!

what il do is try being off them for a few days and see how i feel!!! xx

Try Sanatogen Mother To Be Plus Omega 60S. I dont have any problems with them.

And if you live near a Tesco they have them for on offer till tomorrow... 3 for 2.

HI, I take them every few days... had taken them every day since beginning but then had wondered if they were making me feel sicky too.... actually, I dont think it was them! Make sure you take them with your evening meal and you should be okay xx

I have only been sick once during this pregnancy and that was within an hour of taking Pregnacare on an empty stomach - I usually take it straight after my main evening meal (as recommended) and it doesn't cause me any problems then, but I have heard quite a few people saying it makes then sick.

I do take them for a few weeks, I don't have any side effects at all

HI, I take them every few days... had taken them every day since beginning but then had wondered if they were making me feel sicky too.... actually, I dont think it was them! Make sure you take them with your evening meal and you should be okay xx

OK il try that as I had been taking them before bed before! il try taking them when i eat! xx

Yep it does say it should be taken on a full stomach... I think taking them on an empty one makes you feel sick.

Mine make me feel sick because of the size of them! Eurgh! Are you taking Omega 3 too?

OK il try that as I had been taking them before bed before! il try taking them when i eat! xx
the vitamins are not advised to be taken in the evening coz they give energy
it's best to be taken after lunch

Yep it does say it should be taken on a full stomach... I think taking them on an empty one makes you feel sick.

Mine make me feel sick because of the size of them! Eurgh! Are you taking Omega 3 too?

No im not! i bought some omega 3 tablets from sainsburys tghe other day but i was going to wait and ask midwife if they are ok as im not sure? they are the 1000mg ones? do you think they will be ok? i think il start another post and ask what others are taking! i cant afford the pregnacare and omega 3 ones!! x

Im not sure if it is but.....the other day i ran out of my pregnacare and i have been taking it religiously everynight since i found out at 4 weeks! wellll....the next morning of not taking my pregnacare i wasnt sick and didnt feel sick!!!

I have also read elsewhere that they cause constipation and wind? has anyone else experienced this?! i really dont want to stop taking the pills as im not eating as well as i should and want to make sure my ickle baba gets all the nutrients it needs!

xx

For me everynight i around tea time or afterwards 7pm or so id feel soooo crap, get real bad headache an sickness. Well i though id stop taking my pregnacare for a couple of days 'just to see' an after day #2 of not having these i didnt feel like utter crap on the nights!! Ive started taking them again now and im still feeling okay after a week on them again, maybe have a rest an then try them again as this time im fine with them xxx

I take the Omega 3 that I get in my Sanatogen pack. I went to boots to buy some Omega 3 on its own, I told them I was pregnant and it was for my baby. They gave me the Boots branded 1050mg ones. Anyways I didn’t feel comfortable so I went to another Boots and the pharmacist and dispenser confirmed that the dosage was too high and I shouldn’t have been given it. They advised me to take the ones that are specifically for pregnant women. I think the Pregnacare and the Sanatogen ones have roughly 300mg??

I take the Omega 3 that I get in my Sanatogen pack. I went to boots to buy some Omega 3 on its own, I told them I was pregnant and it was for my baby. They gave me the Boots branded 1050mg ones. Anyways I didn’t feel comfortable so I went to another Boots and the pharmacist and dispenser confirmed that the dosage was too high and I shouldn’t have been given it. They advised me to take the ones that are specifically for pregnant women. I think the Pregnacare and the Sanatogen ones have roughly 300mg??

ahhh ok! thanks for that! i wont take them then hehe! il feed them to my OH LOL x

Pregnacare is a bit pricey... heres some good deals for sanatogen vitamins and omega 3 pack... at 3 for 2 you'll probably spend £5-£6 per month.

Attachments

• Boots.jpg
    Boots.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Tesco.jpg
    Tesco.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2
I always find I feel pretty ill whenever I start taking vitimins but it eases off in a few days. Iron tablets make me constipated too and Pregnacare has iron in it. I do need to take it though unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->