Pregnacy with no healthcare..

Find out if your local hospital offers some sort of financial care. We applied with both our kids and with my son we had 100% covered (except a small percentage of the ob bill which ended up being around 1000 but all ultrasounds and delivery was forgiven). With my daughter they covered 60% since we make more money now.

My son's bills ended up being about 27k after all the prenatal care and birth so it was a huge blessing.
YOU my lady. Are a life saver. I found the financial assistance page for the local hospital/clinic chain around here. And I learned a LOT.
First if you are uninsured and go to them for any medical necessary care (so nothing like cosmetic surgery or elective stuff) they auto discount 77% of the bill.
Then if you make under 400% of federal poverty level you can apply for an additional 25-100% of that remaining balance.
We make 138% of the poverty level. Which means I should definitely qualify for even a bit more of a discount. I am going to call and get more info tomorrow, and gather up everything to have copies made and fill out an application.
They offer prenatal care at their clinic, and have the best NICU/Childrens hospitals in my state.
It is a bit more of a drive than my normal hospital and OB. But a little time and gas is worth the savings and quality care.

This is fantastic news! The process is a lot of work but so worth it.

I dont know what state you are in, but my kids qualify for medicare and i dont when not pregnant. But once pregnant the same income guidelines apply for the kids as for me. I will have insurance until 2 months after the baby is born. You should call again and check.

I dont know what state you are in, but my kids qualify for medicare and i dont when not pregnant. But once pregnant the same income guidelines apply for the kids as for me. I will have insurance until 2 months after the baby is born. You should call again and check.

I live in Idaho. The income limit for kids Medicaid is 200% of poverty level. The maximum income for a pregnant woman is 133% of poverty level. My state basically sucks.

You probably already have looked into this but throwing it out there just in case...medicaid for pregnancy? My neighbor said she went through the health department to get the application. She and her husband both worked full time and she still qualified. I think it's similar to WIC. Good luck. I went 2 years without insurance a few years back and basically just prayed that nothing happened where I"d need any medical services.

I live in Idaho. The income limit for kids Medicaid is 200% of poverty level. The maximum income for a pregnant woman is 133% of poverty level. My state basically sucks.

Wait!! Where in Idaho? I am also in Idaho.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm in the UK and we don't pay any medical bills ( dentist and opticians at do if u work ) unless u want to go private through a company called bupa. So if u didn't have jobs how would u pay for scans and appointments. I watch teen mom and 16 and pregnant for the girls not on the show what happens to them. This is really sad

If you're a SAHM, you need to be covered under your husband's insurance, which is taken out of his paycheck every week from his job. If you're low income or disabled you can get government insurance (medicaid). If you are elderly or disabled, there is also Medicare but recently as of this year, you now have to pay for it. If you don't fall under any of these categories, you need to work and pay out of your paycheck for insurance (which is $200-400 sometimes more a month). If you're under the age of 18, you will need to be added to your parents insurance plan or have government insurance. If you're disabled and can't work since birth, you can qualify for about $700 a month to pay for all of your bills (which no one can live off of) if you get married and you've been disabled since birth they expect your husband to pretty much take care of you. The only people who qualify for decent benefits are people who became disabled part way through their life and worked to pay taxes into the social security system. Currently the 1% elite (wealthy) take about 80% of the country's wealth each year, and they're currently stealing money from Social Security and government insurance. So it's becoming harder and harder for people to get any assistance.

We refused insurance through hubby's work. It was to the tune of 800+ a month. That is 24% of our combined monthly income and more than our house payment. There is absolutely no way that his work insurance is affordable for us.

Where do you live where a house payment is $800????
You can't get even rent out here for less than $1500...

Real estate in Idaho is cheap. But wages tend to be low compared to neighboring states.

You probably already have looked into this but throwing it out there just in case...medicaid for pregnancy? My neighbor said she went through the health department to get the application. She and her husband both worked full time and she still qualified. I think it's similar to WIC. Good luck. I went 2 years without insurance a few years back and basically just prayed that nothing happened where I"d need any medical services.
This is what I was denied for. We make to much for pregnacy Medicaid in my state.
The lady at the Health and welfare office suggested I quit my job AND my husband works less hours. Because our state only offers it to pregnat women who have income up to 133% of federal poverty level.
We make 138% of poverty level.
47 of the states offer it up to 185% of poverty level. So MOST women will get it. Basically my states healthcare policies SUCK.
Please don't read this like I am snarky at you or anything. They just make me soooooo mad when most of the USA is at least attempting to help the people who help themselves. Where as my state wants you dirt poor before they will help.

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm in the UK and we don't pay any medical bills ( dentist and opticians at do if u work ) unless u want to go private through a company called bupa. So if u didn't have jobs how would u pay for scans and appointments. I watch teen mom and 16 and pregnant for the girls not on the show what happens to them. This is really sad

If you're a SAHM, you need to be covered under your husband's insurance, which is taken out of his paycheck every week from his job. If you're low income or disabled you can get government insurance (medicaid). If you are elderly or disabled, there is also Medicare but recently as of this year, you now have to pay for it. If you don't fall under any of these categories, you need to work and pay out of your paycheck for insurance (which is $200-400 sometimes more a month). If you're under the age of 18, you will need to be added to your parents insurance plan or have government insurance. If you're disabled and can't work since birth, you can qualify for about $700 a month to pay for all of your bills (which no one can live off of) if you get married and you've been disabled since birth they expect your husband to pretty much take care of you. The only people who qualify for decent benefits are people who became disabled part way through their life and worked to pay taxes into the social security system. Currently the 1% elite (wealthy) take about 80% of the country's wealth each year, and they're currently stealing money from Social Security and government insurance. So it's becoming harder and harder for people to get any assistance.

We refused insurance through hubby's work. It was to the tune of 800+ a month. That is 24% of our combined monthly income and more than our house payment. There is absolutely no way that his work insurance is affordable for us.

Where do you live where a house payment is $800????
You can't get even rent out here for less than $1500...

I pay $630/month for my mortgage. However minimum wage here is still $7.50.
TBH I am pretty fortunate that hubby has a trade (welder) that he brings home almost 3x that.
But the insurance they offer is crap, for a crap price.
Again, because the healthcare system here is crap.

Edit to add: if you want to RENT here in this area. My house would be renting for double that. I have seen the rent prices in the area, and that's why we purchased 3 years ago.

Wait!! Where in Idaho? I am also in Idaho.

https://nashp.org/eligibility-levels-for-coverage-of-pregnant-women-in-medicaid-and-chip-2/
This is the site I found the income limits for each state by % of federal poverty level. If you click the state it even gives you a little pop up that gives you more info. We are 1 of 3 states with the lowest pregnancy Medicaid that the government will allow. Its eye opening.

Your not a stalker or anything right? :shrug:
We are in the Treasure Vally. If you shoot me a PM I will tell you where. Don't want random google people following me home someday :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->