Pregnancy after 2 mmc, what to ask Dr?

Lolly W

3rd tri after 2 mmcs
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm extremely anxious about saying I'm pregnant but I had a bfp yesterday. After 2 miscarriages in a row I am, naturally, very cautious about this great news.

I have booked an appointment to see my new GP on Monday. What I could really do with is some advice on what to ask her.

I would like to know whether any tests are available to me during this pregnancy just in case I do miscarry again. I know when I miscarried for the 2nd time they said they wouldn't carry out any tests until I'd had a 3rd miscarriage but I'm not sure what I should be asking for.

If anyone has any experience of this please, please get in touch.

Thank you!

I am not sure of an answer to your question, but did not want to read and run... I have not personally had 2 m/c in a row, so I wouldn't know what to ask for test wise... But I fingers crossed that all goes smooth and you have a HH 9 months!

Again, I'm not sure what tests to ask for but explain to your GP what has happened previously and that you're looking for any reassurance and help they can give you. Maybe ask the new GP what tests the old one was referring to?

Congratulations on your wonderful news and everything is crossed for a great pregnancy for you x

I suspect from your question that you're under 35 and therefore are subjected to the obligatory 3 mc's before testing (which is ridiculous btw!!).

As far as i know, and as unfair as it seems, there really isn't anything they can offer you now that you are pregnant. Trust me i asked and im older so already get scans earlier than younger women. However, the 2nd time i did ask my GP and he did say that he would put it in the referral to EPAU (early pregnancy unit) that i should have a scan earlier rather than later. Also, at my last pg/mc I did have misgivings (true as it happened) and called the EPAU only to say i was beside myself with worry, cried all the time, couldnt eat, sleep etc (i exaggerated for effect obviously although some of it was true) and asked for another scan. The midwife said they were very busy and usually didnt do this but would see if there were any openings.

First of all they cannot do any test now that you already are pregnant (congrats btw!! :)) anyway (ive had them thats how i know) so unfortunately apart, as already suggested by others, just plead your case with the GP and the midwifes at the hospital.

Chin up honey, im sure all will go well this time even though you probably (and understandably) will have no peace until you, and only you will feel everything is ok. And so my advice to you it, as hard as it is, please try to enjoy this pregnancy, because if all goes well, you will miss this time and feel like you spent an awful long time in a fretful and worried mind. And you dont want that do you? But, yeah, come the time i'll probably feel the same way as you... what can you do, eh? :)

The only thing i can think of is to ask for progesterone and/or thyroid readings, that may, or may not, be possible.

All the best chicken, i wish you all the best and a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Omi xxx

hey, first if all congrats, I have m/c 2 time in the past and still TTC at the moment. I would suggest u to ask ur doc for ur blood tests, do a quantitive beta HCG and Progestrone levels, also do the insulin tests, thyroid tests these are just to make sure if everything is normal... if these seems low HCG levels or low progestrone levels then ask for HCG booster injections and progestrone capsules, u can request for a early scan..am hoping u r taking prenatal tablets like folic acid and stuff...just relax as much as u can, dont overwork or over exercise..

I hope everything will go well with u..I know how u shd be feeling how..the thought of m/c wud freak u out, but if u do these tests and chk out the results I guess u can relax...

am telling u this coz my prog levels are way too low..so even if the HCG levels r good, but if the prog levels are low then we wud miscarry it seems..but its more than a year that I had m/c and we are still tryin..

be bold and confident this time..u will deliver a healthy chubby baby this time..

```````lots of love and good luck....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->