Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

omg danielle!!!

I know!!! :haha:

2 Step daughters, 2 girl's of my own...what the hell am I going to do with a boy? :wacko:

I still keep thinking when I go back for the re-scan he is going to pipe up with 'oh no look, it really is a girl!!'

throw it in the bin :rof: thts so funny.

LOL i wouldnt know what to do with a newborn girl :lol: i had Jamie-Leigh when she was 2 so a toddler.

I soo need to do the stats on this thread :)

My bump buddy Lottie's just text me to say shes gettin an energency c section (and i hope she dont mind Me saying or she can feel free to slap me next time she sees me) so im guessing dont say anything on fb in case xxx

Thanks Sandi for the update!!

Thinking of you Lottie and hope everything goes okay. :hugs:

Bumpity is here. :happydance:
Our Lottie is a wee bit taken aback
Congratulations Lottie, we love you so much xxx

She's 3lb 5oz but they are testing for infections as she looks a bit swollen so some of that could be swelling weight like it was with F.

She doesn't know how lOng she is but is going to find out x x

hi ladies

just back from an overnight stay at Simpsons :wacko:

First of all, how are we all? Congrats to Lottie, hope everythings okay!!

Bit bemused. FFN test yesterday, positive again. I'm okay. Cervical scan fine, and fully closed, fine. then speak to Obs - she says we are going to admit you today and scan you again tomorrow!!! so 2 days in 119 and an overnighter, no one knew what to do with me, why I was there, scan again today and nothings changed so get to come home :thumbup:

back next week for scan and clinic. glad they are keeping good watch over me, but stressed me out being there when nothing was wrong, kept thinking they knew something i didn't! They were a bit struck by when to give me steroids, now I had a second +ve test, and the bub is now viable... anyone else been in this situation? Sandi, did you experience this?

cheers

Dawn x

Omg dawn (lol) at least they are keeping an eye on u, but they never did that to me?!
Im surprised the docs took the ffn into account cause a scan like yours renders it negative ykwim? Aw well a wee night out for you ;)

Thanks girls. I burst into tears as soon as I saw her being put into the dreaded plastic bag but when they brought her over to see me quickly I didn't feel anything at all :shrug: They had to tell me to give hr a quick kiss. Hopefully when I meet her properly and we get a better idea over the coming days how things are going I might bond with her a bit more.

Poor Dave had to stand outside the whole time due to us having F as when we had a planned section date my friend was coming up from Somerset to look after him so Dave could come in but as it was they'd had to start before Dave even got to the hospital. Iona started having decels this morning with the contractions and I have been getting increasing pain over my section scar which got really bad last night and whenever she moved and pressed on it I was being sick with the pain. I survived 2weeks and 1 day of constant contractions! Think I've got the world's best toned Uterus :haha:

From the pics I've seen of her she is the absolute spitting image of Findlay when he was born!

:hugs: see those bracton hicks were gearing you up, asbo uterus :rofl:

awww lottie. i bet she beautiful. i know findlay is xx

and sandi - asbo uterus - love it lol

I've been to see her and was brave and stroked her arm a little bit. It's scary how much she looks like Findlay! She's had her first brain ultrasound tonight and that was ok although will be looked at by a neuro doc at some point and she's getting her eyes looked at on Tuesday.

Definitely struggling a bit with this though, it's just bringing so much stuff back up plus I'm worrying about what the future holds for her with the chromo issue etc And that's something we won't know quickly. :cry:

Off to set up my shiny new breast pump and give it a go, hopefully it will be good and I'll get a bit of colustrum out. Never tried Medela before. Trying to decide whether to pump and then sleep or try and get some sleep as I'm exhausted and then set my alarm to pump in a few hours time.

Oh and she was lying on her front so I couldn't check out the nipple situation :haha::haha:

Congratulations Lottie...hope you aren't feeling too sore :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->