Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Good morning ladies!

just wanted to share my delight and relief that have reached V day!!!!:yipee:

trying not to think about in 4 weeks time I was giving birth to Elsie... no pushing that thought RIGHT out my head (if only!!:nope:)

Dawn xx

aww happy 24 weeks Dawn, you keep that baby cookin' another 16 weeks xx

Hmmm i wonder how Dippy is doing, it was due date yesterday...

pmsl at you all, i just re-read all the msgs when i was in labour :rofl:

hi ladies, just thought i'd pop and and say hi. we're 22 weeks now and hoping for lots more although consultant reckons PET will strike again - although hopefully later. fingers crossed!

Congratulations Hopefully and Lottie :happydance:

Happy 24 weeks SB :flower:

I had my 6 week post natal check today...doctor says as long as I leave 6 months after my section I can then start TTC...soooooooo am going to wait til July next year...I cancelled hubby's appointment for the *snip* :haha:

Hope all of you ladies and bumps are okay?

I have been reading every page, and found this. Waiting until July eh Dani? :haha:

Finished reading this beginning to end, at various times through out the day, soooooooooo emotional :cry::cry:

How are you all?

:rofl: Tasha...july ummmmmmmmmmmmmm?...ooooopppssss!!!

How are you hun?

Hopedance, I had pet first time, at 29 weeks and managed to avoid it until 39 weeks with Amber, so it can be done :thumbup: have they got you on aspirin and calcium?

How is everyone?

hi ladies i was wondering if i could join you? i found out i am pregnant again and i am getting stressed already. Cameron wasnt premature but there isnt really a section for term babies that were in nnicu :shrug: feel like a lot of woman on the other sections avoid talking to me when i stress about stuff coz they never know what to say. does that make sense?
i will give you a brief history so you know where i am at lol
This will be my seventh pregnancy, 8th baby, but i only have one forever baby, and i had a few problems with my last pregnancy. I was admitted to hospital at 23.4 weeks with suspected preterm labour. I then was in and out every few weeks with pains, leaking etc. at 36weeks i kept tellin my midwife,consultant,gp any1 that would listen that something was wrong with my baby and i needed him out. at bang on 38weeks i went to the hospital with reduced fetal movement. i could see the nurses rolling their eyes at me when i told them i hadnt felt him move. I was on the monitor thing for an hour and was given 2 bottles of lucazade and Cam still hadnt moved at all. They informed me i was already 3cm dilated so they burst my waters. There was a lot of meconium in my waters so i got rushed to theatre and knocked out. Cameron was born at 2.04pm weighing 6lbs8. When i came round from surgery i asked where my baby was and got informed that he was in nnicu coz he was a bit pale!! i know now that he was more than a bit pale. He was born with hardly any blood. when i seen him 4hours later he was in an incubator and i was told that he had started taking seizures, had a line put into his umbilical cord, his blood count was only 3 when it should have been about 15, he was on c-pap, his kidneys and liver were failing and he had swelling in his brain. they gave him 3 blood transfusions and had to wait before another one coz they were worried his heart would give up. he was put on anti-biotics and anti-convulsants. this was all in the four hours from him being born and me seeing him. cant believe i got told he was a bit pale!!
on the friday he deteriorated further. he started taking more seizures and coz he wasnt getting any oxygen to his brain so they had to intubate him they also gave him a forth blood transfusion and fitted an arterial line so they didnt have to keep poking holes in him to get blood. they told us if we were gonna christen him that now would have been the best time coz they werent sure how much longer he was gonna hold on for. later that day he stopped taking seizures and things just started to dramatically change. he went from strength to strength and we got home 9days later!! the consultant wrote in his notes from a meeting last month that Cameron was 'nothing short of a miracle' :) i am so proud of him but now that i am pregnant i am freaking out. I have to deal with the high chance of miscarrying again and even after i pass 12weeks i am still gonna be stressed. the only way i am gonna relax is when my baby is here.
so i was wondering if i could maybe join you ladies as i feel you maybe understand the stress i am going through? xxx

ps sorry for MASSIVE post lol

and massive congrats to you ladies who have recently had your babies :) and hugs to Tasha for your loss. I am trully sorry :hugs: xxx

I was giggling away as I read that Dani, too funny. I am okay, cant believe it is two months today since we found out Riley Rae had grown her wings. How are you?

Thank you wantabean, I am sure the girls here will look after you just the way they did me. I popped on for similar sort of reasons, I didnt belong as I dont have a preemie (well didnt, I sorta do now as Riley Rae was born sleeping at 24+3, but again different) but wanted support and advice on leaking waters and the pads you can get to detect, as my waters went with Honey (my first angel) at 28+6 and well I never left. They were fab to me, got me through some very difficult times and only last night was I thanking them for sharing our journey.

I am so sorry for your loses, as you can see in my sig, I have three children at home, two girls born sleeping, seven miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy, so 13 pregnancies and only three at home. So if you ever need advice/support or anything pm me x i really hope this is a smooth, uneventful pregnancy for you and congratulations :hugs:

wantabean give me a due date and you're on! :)How are you doing, how is Cameron? xxx

Cameron is good. Has viral gastritis. just seems like its one thing after another lol he has hypertonic muscle tone and isnt very big but thats all that has cropped up since his stay in nnicu so i am overjoyed :) just called the early pregnancy unit and i am getting a scan tomorrow morning so will find out dates then lol :) i think my edd is the 17th Feb but i will be able to confirm that tomorrow lol thank you girls :) thank you Tasha :) that means a lot. the same goes to you :hugs: xxx

Hi Ladies, I am pregnant for the second time having had a preemie 13 years ago. He was born at 32 weeks weighing an impressive 5lb 6oz! He stayed in SCBU for 3 weeks and then came home once he could suckle. My premature labour was caused by Polyhydramnios and I have been warned by my OBS that it may happen again but this time they will keep an eye on me with fortnightly scans from now, due for a scan on Friday and we go on holiday on saturday so fingers crossed all is well.... xx

I love this thread, although I don't technically belong here either anymore, having had a termie after my first preemie...but I just refuse to leave :haha:

Congratulations to everyone.

:hugs: Tasha...I am doing good thanks!! :cloud9: To Honey and Riley Rae.

im staying.
Otherwise it doesnt go on :rofl:

No i'm not the type to run off. Even when Alex & Tori are older I'll always been knee deep in supporting preemies and mummys :) It's a life long thing

yep if i had another id stay put lmao

Jaiden made it to term by 3 days :)

congrats on all the new pregnancies :)

mummyMEE my little boy was a 32 weeker and he weighed 5lb 5oz :) he was also in hospital for 3 weeks.

floaty kisses to all the angels xx

I'm feeling in a bit of a confused place at the minute. When I is born and we bring her home we are bound to get comments from people when we take her out about her size and I know one of the questions will be "was she prem? And I'n really not quite sure how to answer as if I make it as far as my planned section date she'll be born at 36+0.

I had a growth scan today and I's growth is consistent she's just very little so it like like her growth is fully down to the chromo issue rather than partly down to that and partly down to my lupus as they had been trying to tell us originally. She's got Findlay's super long comedy legs though :dohh: I remember when he was born the neonatal staff saying he only weighed as much as he did due to how long he was lol (and he had some swelling due to an infection) so I think she will be the same. F was 5lb 7oz at 35 weeks but had to wear up to 4lb clothes to start with as he was so diddy other than his length :cloud9: At least with a girl when I gets too long for a dress we can just put trousers under them and it's a bit more usual to see girls in 3/4 length trousers than it is boys :thumbup:

lottie sorry ur feeling confused :hugs:

36weeks is premature so u could say yes. i think u will say what u feel is right.

tyler wore clothes for a 4lb baby when he was born, his 1st coat was for a 3lb baby :shock: he was 5lb 5.

and i agree about the dresses being too small, u cud put trousers or leggings under :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->