Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

How is everyone doing?

How are you all Lottie?
Congrats on seeing babies heartbeat wantabean.

We have just got back from our gender re-scan at Babybond....

We are 100% having...a baby...:blue:!!! He was not shy in showing us his bits today.

I can't believe it...2 step daughters, 2 daughters of my own...and now a boy!!!

Perfecto :happydance:

(please don't mention on FB wall!!)

:happydance: congrats on a boy :blue: dani. bet ur OH is chuffed too :)

areu not going to tell anyone until he is here? xx

congrats on having a boy!! boys are great. poor wee guy is gonna have 4 big sisters though lol god help any girlfriends he will have in the future lol xxx

Congrats on the wee man dani!!!! Xxxx

Thank you!!! :flower:

We are going to keep him a surprise until he is here :haha: everyone in the family thinks we are most likely having another girl!!

Hubby wiped away a few tears when we found out :cloud9:

awwww bless him.

tht will be a shock to ur family then :haha:

good luck on choosing his name xx

Hi SB Thanks for the message, my due date is December 5th so expecting to deliver October time if history repeats itself!

Hi there ladies

Sorry not to have been on, been a rollercoaster ride as you all well know. Archie is now 2w 2d old, and has done really well to date, ventilated for 6 days, CPAP for 5 days but had a suspected infection so is on BiPAP now since Thursday. Waiting to hear about his chest x-ray as they think he either has CLD or fluid, not surprising as I got a whole 1 hour of steroids before he arrived. he is putting on weight though, was born at 730g, is now 873g which is amazing - so around 1lb 15 in old money.

so very proud of him, and terrified at the same time.

Dawn xx

thinking about you dawnmc how is lo doing my 25 weeker was 760g @ birth so pretty close in weight, seems he is doing fab being of the vent so quickly, sending you lots of :hugs: and positive energy

Wow he sounds like he is doing fantastically Dawn and I love his name :)
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way xxx :hugs::hugs:

Things aren't too bad here other than the Infection control person causing us a lot of stress. I can't believe we're on day 25 already :wacko: We're being transferred across to the hospital that deal with Findlay next week (those on FB know why!) The nurses faces at the childrens hospital could be interesting as when F was in when he was tiny he was the smallest baby they'd had for a long time and he was almost 6lb at that point where as Iona won't even be 4lb when they meet her!!

Iona has got her eye test next Wednesday which I'm a bit worried about as she got exhausted just from the speech therapist the other day and kept setting her O2 alarm off and having some bradys which is unlike her and one of the nurses in neonatal told me yesterday that babies usually get very very tired by the eye test and some of them can be very ill afterwards which has worried me as she is now supposed to move hospitals the day before her eye test so that's a lot of stress for Iona within 24hrs. Fingers crossed she'll be fine though.

It's going to be strange but fab when we move as I won't have to ask permission if I want a cuddle with her (I've only had 3 short cuddles with her so far) I'll literally just be able to pick her up and cuddle her whenever I want which I think will help a lot with bonding :happydance:

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

sorry lottie i have seen any of ur posts on FB i find it really hard to keep up with everyone :dohh:

seems like she'll be in a better hospital? and u can have lots of cuddles.

:hugs:

hows everyone else xx

Dawnmc great to see the update!

Lianne I'm ok. Nothing to report on Tori lol. Alex on the other hand, Shea just got glasses, learnt how to take a total tantrum and boss me around, and she's finally being referred to child development and speech therapy cause her development test came back averaging age as a 1 year old rather than 19.5 months.(and that's adjusted)

I thought correcting ages would be done with at 2 but not with Alex :(

And I am fighting tooth and nail to get her sickness investigated but no-one cares...

Hi Sandi, just read your message^ and this may be old news for you but my friends LO had extreme reflux and she found lots of useful info and support on this website & forum;

https://www.livingwithreflux.org/community_forum.html

maybe no help at all but i know just how frustrating it was for her. On the positive note my friends LO who was the worst case of reflux i've ever known is now much, much better. He went from maybe 8 vomits a day to now nothing for months!

Good luck:hugs:

sandi i saw her pics on FB with her wearing glasses, she looks soo cute, she did anyway but ykwim.

i'm glad shes gettin help tho hun, she will be chattering away before u know and u will have to tell her to be quiet just for 2 minutes :rofl:

how heavy is tori now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->