Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

all good here thanks. hows u?

Everything is going great here thanks...had a consultant appointment yesterday...was in and out so quickly I was shocked at it being so straightforward (for now!!) :haha:

Oi, I want one of those :rofl:

I do have a 12lber at 13 1/2 weeks though! And she can fit the cute stuff I kept from Alexs days (just less than year ago she wore these btw!) sad times.

It's very very sad having a term baby after a prem in a way, if you think a preemie grows up right in front of your eyes, a termie is even quicker. I told DH it was pretty hard going through clothes I didn't have a reason to keep now we're not having any more kids. He's struggling with it too so i've just to 'put things away' and we can decide in years to come.

:hugs: Sandi.

It is hard having a termie after a preemie, as 'perfect' as it should be and feel, it beings lots of new feelings with it...most days I feel some kind of guilt and worry...I am constantly stressing over the bond I have with Reagan and doubting myself when it comes to that :nope:

This baby was sitting on the 75th lines at my scan on Monday, so I reckon around 8lbs or over...are boys generally bigger babies??

:hugs: all round.

Sandi, Jaiden is 5months old this weekend and he got weighed yesterday and hes 13lb 10oz lol

hi there everyone!

We are okay here, at the moment, after a rollercoaster few weeks with Archie coming off vent, onto CPAP, then BiPAP, then back vented for 12 days, now back on CPAP - doing much better this time.

He is now over 1kg!! And is 4w 5d old, 30 weeks corrected. they are very upfront in telling us he has chronic lung disease :cry: - not surprising though given I had 1 hour of steroids, and the ventilation he has needed. but he is doing grand though otherwise, having 8.5ml of my milk an hour now and tolerating it very well. :thumbup: just got to grow his as quickly as possible now, pray he doesn't have any more infections (3 to date) and get him home!!!!

Pics don't seem to paste on this, so have a look at our flickr page

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92666110@N00/5950994587/in/set-72157626880645993/

Hope you are all doing well.:flower:

Dawn x

awww he is sooo cute dawn.

hows everyone doin??

dani i cant believe ur almost 22 weeks already xx

Lianne it is flying by :wacko: before I know it I will be in that operating theatre!!!

Hope you are all okay?

happy 22weeks hun!!!

yep all ok here, Jaiden has reflux. i thought they were born wth it?? he got it at 5months.

i cant believe hes 5months already :shock:

Wow those 5 months have gone quick!!!

Reagan was born with it as part of being so early...I know sometimes they don't diagnose silent reflux until later on? Have they put him on meds for it?

hes on infant gaviscon. the difference is amazing.

i thought it was because i tried him on baby porridge at 19weeks approx. he was feeding every hour/hour and a half in the mornings. so i tried him on just a couple of sppons,. but dr reckons not, also the HV failed to listen to me and he deydrated the next day.

but he kept throwing up so i stopped the porridge. he only had it a couple of times. but ws still throwing up, he went from havin 30oz a day to just 18oz but was throwing most of it back up.

i said to my hv and she said thts fine if thts all he wants, so i said but im worriedabout him dehydrating she just said give him water :shock:

next day BAM! he went right downhill.

im glad hes all sorted now. the dr wasnt very happy with his weight gain either. :shrug:

Aww bless him...it may have been that he wanted to constantly feed as by doing that it eases the pain and discomfort for them of reflux, however it is a viscious circle, they feed...pain eases...they sick up as they have taken too much :hugs:

Hopefully the gaviscon eases it for him and he increases his milk again.

he take between 5 and 6oz every 3hours in the day and goes about 12 hours at night :)

Nooooooooooooooooo lianne :ignore: I have been safe in the belief tori is in the clear :rofl:

Alex only started it at 8 wks corrected.

oh no! sorry sandi! i'm sure Tori is gonna be fine! :hugs:

hows both u Littl girls doin?

dani has Reagan had her tonsils out yet?

We're ok. Tori growing too fast, hubby's doin baby massage tomorrow. Alex has got speech therapy start of aug, and developmental help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->